It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: in a panic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I hello I am sorry I have not done any introduction but very much need your help. I have been taking painkillers for 2 years and got on Suboxone 4 months ago. I recently lost my job due to budget cuts. I have been taking about 1 and a half Suboxone per day for the last month and one pill per day for the first 3 months. I only have five left and absolutely cannot get anymore . Is there a way I can taper from only five in a way that's not too painful. Please help I am in a panic but am glad I can't get more, as now I will be totally free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

What was your daily dosage? Are they 8mg pills? Cut all the pills you have left up into little pieces. Wait until you have withdrawal symptoms and feel like you really need it. Take one of the pieces and wait a half hour to see if you feel any relief. If you don't then take another piece. Between doses, wait till you are feeling the withdrawal again before you take any more. I would imagine it's going to be difficult since you only have 5 pills. But hopefully, doing it that way will help. Good luck! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:30 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

40 mgs is plenty to taper with...believe me. You may not think so right now, since you've been taking 12mgs a day for the past month, but I've done a few tapers with 1 8mg pill. Like the previous poster said, break up the pills into tiny pieces, like crumb sized. Or, don't break it up, just break off a tiny bit from the pill each time you need some. But absolutely do NOT rationalize to yourself to take more than you NEED. If you do that, you will probably be in for a world of pain once you do run out.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: more
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Are you sure you cannot continue the Rx. If there is any chance, it would be good to start now when you feel well enough to work on it.

s