It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Panic attacks & Subs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay. So ive had two panic attacks while on subs,the 2nd & worst one last night. Ive never had them b4 & i was really scared;is this a "normal" side effect?
I take aprox 2-2.5mgs a day(which i dont even wanna take anymore b/c im scared!) Im,also,extremely upset b/c subs worked so well at first....
*Feeling scared&hopeless :(

Post subject: Re: Panic attacks & Subs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:17 am 

I'm sorry that you're feeling upset and vulnerable. I can only speak for myself when I tell you that the number of panic attacks I had after starting sub was virtually the same. I didn't notice a difference. There are so many unknowns and different pathways for panic attacks to affect different people, I couldn't begin to give you a definitive answer, even if I had heard of panic attacks as a side effect of sub (which I haven't.)

I know that right now you are seeking a definitive answer from me that I can't give. I may be wrong here, but I get the idea that you do not have a sub doctor. Are you getting your sub from another source? The reason I ask is that this is something that you should definitely bring with your doctor/psychiatrist if you have one. To help you, I imagine that a professional would need to do a full history of any mental/physical problems.

Tell me how you felt during the attacks. What were your particular symptoms? Maybe one of our members has similar symptoms and can tell you how they deal with them.

I wish you the best. No one wants you to be feeling terrified.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I want to chime in here because I have had panic attacks. Worse feeling in the world! I feel for you, I really do. There is also no judgement here about how you get your subs. We just want to help you.

There are some questions i have though. How long have you been on sub? Is it suboxone, generic bupe or subutex ? You are on a very low dose if i read it correctly....2.5 mg. That's great that you are on such a low dose.

I ask about type because if you are on generic and it's a different type that could be a reason. It could be the fillers that interact poorly with your body chemistry.

My experience is the opposite of yours. I had awful panic attacks in active abuse of pain meds, i would have high anxiety and panic almost daily. When i switched to suboxone film i had a few milder panic attacks for the first 2 months then they slowly stopped. I was thrilled to say the least. Unfortunately, i have had a lot of upheaval since August 2014 & have experienced a handful of panic attacks again. The difference is i know they are from my living situation not the subs. I also switched to Zubsolv in January and have felt better on them both in pain and panic.

I had my first panic attack (thought i was having a heart attack & went to ER) when i was young then none for many years. I have no idea why they happen to some people and not others or if it's related to sub or not.

Has anything changed recently that brought more stress into your life?

Hope to hear from you...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Panic attacks are the worst! How long have you been taking Suboxone, and has your dose changed recently? Similar to Tiki, Suboxone has helped to stabilize me mentally/emotionally, which is why I ask if your dose has changed recently.