It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: painless detox????
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So before Friday I was on about 1-0.5mg then friday I kept having cravings so I took almost about 2mg and I haven't dosed since Saturday morning 1am now its monday 8:15 am well over 48 hours without cravings or withdrawal symptoms

What can explain this happening? I was planning on getting off subs in next couple weeks as I've been on since July 2011

In, the months I've been on subs I've saved up thousands and back to college with improved grades
everything has gone well and I feel like I'm ready to test my self control

If this painless jump keeps up, hen I'm just that much luckier to have a well deserved break as I have truly been working hard at breaking a years habit. But usually after 12hrs of not redosing I usually feel the Wed coming on

Ill keep you guys posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's not unheard of. Bupe is less predictable than the other opioids with its withdrawal. Some people slide off low doses with next to zero withdrawal. Others aren't so fortunate. You may be one of the lucky ones.

It's quite common to start feeling withdrawal around day 3-4 as well. So if you make it through the next couple of days withdrawal free, then you're probably in for a cruisy ride in the short term. The challenge in this game is never the withdrawal though really.

I think it depends a lot on how fast you metabolise bupe. I burn through my bupe quite fast. If I miss my evening dose, I can start feeling withdrawals by the next morning. I seem to burn through bupe like it's methadone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow, good for you! I'm on day 4 of no subs and feeling pretty bad.
Goodluck to you :)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

79 hours and counting zero symptoms so far I slept good 7 hrs thanks to Mary Jane (doc said one thing at a time)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great! I would think you are just about in the clear. On the low doses most people report days 3 & 4 as the worst and you are starting day 4. Keep up the good work and protect your recovery with everything you've got. Chances are you won't be as lucky next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Lucky you. I got kicked out of the sub clinic I was going to for testing + for MJ. It's helping me sleep and eat and relax, yet it's a no-no to my ex sub doc? Go figure. A few months ago I was tempted to go find OC's, but instead I smoked some bud and that killed the craving at the time, and I end up being discharged from the sub program over it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i'm so surprised i haven't felt much discomfort..
almost at 96 hrs, zero withdrawal symptoms i feel like i did on suboxone NORMAL!! i can feel my personality coming back unlike on opiates i was very quiet.. almost more than usual... I wasn't supposed to stop any time soon, as my doc thinks i was at a way higher dose.. within the last appointment i dropped like almost 4 MG(12 days) I have another 'appointment' on next friday..

I think ill go and let him know, I had been telling him since last 2 appointments that I want to get off as it would be getting OVER 6 months.. this was back in beginning of december

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Almost half way 16 hrs away from day 7

Starting to go through emotional withdrawal phase, knees are a little sore other then a little stomach issues nothing a lil immodium can't fix

This has been super easy compared to the withdrawals I have had getting off down in 2010/2011

I have been getting cravings for opiates but no urge to use
I guess giving my mom my entsummers savings(over 5k) was real good idea luckily I haven't had to dip into that fund yet but I did just buy couple car parts

Going to start driving to school in April and I have some mods to finish up

Can't wait to get my parts and keep busy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was getting FAR too many cravings, so I figured I'm going to stay on suboxone for a bit longer..
I don't want to risk relapsing and ruining my entire semester as I NEED to get over 73% GPA, in order to continue on to university, once i get there I will have zero problems staying sober as I will be moving over 2000 miles away! and the town is TINY its 1/4 size of my city. I think I should of listened to my doctor when he said it isn't time to get off yet..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

604 wrote:
once i get there I will have zero problems staying sober as I will be moving over 2000 miles away! and the town is TINY its 1/4 size of my city.

Be careful of this. Just because you move to a small country town doesn't mean you can just leave your addiction behind.

I had the same idea - I actually moved up and down the East Coast doing rehab shuffles and geographics, getting 6-12 months clean stints. Geographicals CAN help to a degree. There's the whole feeling of a fresh start and a new identity that comes with moving interstate / overseas. But that gloss does fade after a bit, and I found that I'd always bring some of my issues up with me, and my old insecurities would surface, issues I'd normally try to medicate with heroin. And just because it's a small town with no heroin / whatever (I tried that too)... doesn't mean there's not other ways to get outta your head. Alcohol is a biggie, and every town has a guy with a crop... but also non-drug behaviours like sex, seeking out drama / danger, gambling etc etc.

Moving is no reason to stop working on yourself. Sadly I found that if I didn't work on myself, there were always bigger towns nearby where there was crystal / oxy / whatever. And if I really wanted it, I'd be willing to drive hours to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tearjerker reminded me of an excellent point, drugs aren't really our problem, we are our problem. We can run all we want, but it's like trying to run away from your ass.....everywhere you go, turn around and there's your ass. Try as you might, you can't outrun it.

Drug use is only a symptom of our disease, IMO. We really have to work on our addiction.

I don't think the move is a bad thing, it may buy you enough time away from your easy triggers to address your addiction, but I don't think the move, in and of itself, is gonna fix you.

Either way, I wish you lots of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I never thought about moving would fix me..

it would just make things SO much easier considering i wouldn't have any using triggers in the university as I have NEVER been there before, let alone been there high on dope..

On top of that I will have to work extremely hard as I want to go into the Co-Op program which is very very difficult to get into

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

well I had made it very well till I came back to my home city for xmas break.. relapsed for about 3 days, and now I'm still in WD's.... I was doing awesome til new years, shouldn't of partied with my old friends who broke out the oxy and coke...

oh well, 1 more week and im back over half way across the country..

oh and also the weed out there is fucking garbage compared to that good BC bud... lol I wasn't the least bit interested, but the drinking had def picked up quite a bit..