It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

The suboxone film is causing huge painful ulcers under the tongue, now a film is too painful.
Are there any other ways to successfully take it.
Please no BS answers. I can't waist any.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello, I'm really sorry your having that soreness under your tongue. It's actually more common than you might think. That's apretty tender spot. Since suboxone is absorbed through all mucous membranes in the mouth, you could try placing the film between your cheek and gums, similar to placing chewing tobacco or dip, and allow it to dissolve there instead until the sore spot clears up. I did that when I was on the films, and actually felt like I got better absorbtion. I've read other members experiencing this effect and using a similar technique to dose and find it very effective at alleviating the problem. I hope that helps.

Liz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:54 pm 

Lizzie is spot on. I too have them from time to time. Last week to be exact. I put them under my upper lip so they'll dissolve slower. Your major salivary glands are on your bottom jaw so I try to avoid having to swallow too much saliva.

Hope that helps.

rule

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I recommend buccal dosing as well. Think of the way people use chewing tobacco or Snus and that is the basic premise of dosing. What I like to do is a modified version of Dr. Junig's method. I use the strips but this would work with pills too. I crush the strip with the tip of my tongue and "paint" one side of my cheek with the "mush." I find that this has the added benefits of improving absorption and reducing dosing time from 30 min. to 15.

Another solution for you may be the Zubsolve version of the bupe/nalox combo. I know my prescribing physician is offering manufacturing coupons for $75 off per script to all his pain patients and we have occasionally discussed me switching. Apparently this pill dissolves in 5 min or less and the taste is said to be more pleasant than the dreadful lime flavor many of us have come to rely on while still finding it noxious.

A final tip I have, which preserves the sub's chemical structure and makes dosing more efficient/less harmful to oral mucous membranes is to store opened packages in a medicine bottle filled approx. 1/4 of the way with dry white rice. I found myself needing to do this simply to preserve the efficacy of the leftover strips when I moved from a temperate climate to a subtropical one several years ago. Try it if you live in a place with high humidity like I do.