It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i have been having pain more than usual on suboxone and mostly in the morning. its all over my body and if i prick my finger
just a little the pain is much more than be for. i stub my toe and it is so f'n pain full and not like be for either. any body going through this?? oh" and please don't tell me to stop stubbing my toe :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey johnboy - Stop stubbing your toe...You made me LOL with that.

I honestly don't know what's going on with you, but since you've been stable on sub for so long, I doubt it has anything to do with that. Maybe it's something new that needs to be checked out by your doctor? How long has it been going on?

It's also possible that during your active addiction you were masking a pain condition you didn't know you had and maybe the sub was also helping to mask some of it, too, but less so now. If it continues, I'd get it checked out by a doctor. I have fibromyalgia, and my pain is usually worse in the morning, too, so I know what a drag that can be.

Hang in there, my friend. I'm sorry you're hurting. And keep those toes in! (HA HA, Just kidding you. :) )

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you Hat'. i'm kinda worrying about fibromialgia and it sounds like what i have? what is fibromal- caused from? i'm not sure. and i just stuuuuubed my ouching toooooeee!!!! :lol:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No, I'm not saying that I think you have fibro, only that I understand morning pain. Fibro is very hard to diagnose. One has to have had pain for a very long time and many other things ruled out before they'll make that diagnosis. It's a long, painful road to go down. Maybe it's something else, since it seems to have come on sort of quickly for you. Take care. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's wierd...I was going to start a post about this today myself. I have been noticing that the past few weeks my morning pain has returned with a vengeance. I don't think it has anything to do with the subs. Except maybe the pain was being controlled with them for the first few weeks of treatment and as my tolerance to the meds increases so does my pain. I have always had lower back and leg pain and it has always been worse in the morning, which before I quit taking my opiates I thought was from going that full 8 hours without re-dosing my pain meds. Now, however, I know the subs are still in my system and I am finding myself popping 3 ibuprofin just to get going in the morning. Constant aches especially in my legs all day long. What is going on???? I just wondered if anyone else was dealing with this.

Oh yea, I also get so stiff when I am still for very long (especially overnight) that I feel like the freeking tin man when I get up or try to move around after sitting for very long. WTF??? Am I just getting old?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

qhorsegal - is your leg pain behind your knees, or all over? The reason I ask is because last week I had a strange thing happen. I have never had any problems with pain in my legs, but last week, for 7 days straight, I had constant pain, all day and night long, right behind both of my knees. They were both swollen/puffy in the same spot. I know it wasn't because of any injury because it was behind both knees. I didn't do anything different prior to this, as far as physical activity, so I don't know why it came about all of a sudden. It was a constant pain, and I had to sleep with 5 pillows under my legs and feet every night.

I even bought that Restless Legs medicine because I wasn't sure if this is what people were talking about when they mention having RLS, and I am on a low dose of sub. Mostly, I would just take ibuprofen at bedtime and that would help a lot. But when I would wake up in the middle of the night (like I always do), it had already worn off and I would have to either take another dose of ibuprofen, or just take my morning dose of sub early...and that always took it away.

This continued for 7 days straight. And then after 7 days, it went away all of a sudden and hasn't come back. Very weird!

I have also noticed the stiffness that you mentioned. My legs and feet are very stiff first thing in the morning now. This just started over the last month or two. When I get out of bed I have to walk slowly for the first few minutes because they are extremely tight for some reason, and I can't stretch them enough! I am also wondering if I am just getting old! :(

Maybe it's a mid-thirties thing...isn't that about your age?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Taurus,

Yes, I'm going to be 34 in a couple weeks. My pain tends to be in my upper legs though. I do have knee pain some, but the worst of it seems to be concentrated in my upper legs, thighs, and hips. I have had this pain since before the suboxone, it just seemed to have gotten better for awhile and is now back again. I had hoped that getting off the opiate roller coaster was going to help. And it has helped alot...I most definitely feel better than when I was going into withdrawal ever 5 hours. It sure is funny that the things we were taking to make the pain go away were actually making the pain worse...at least in my case they did. Of course when I had a fresh dose in my system I felt great...but in between, and when I couldn't score ANY. That totally SUCKED!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, new member here :) I'm really glad I've been browsing the forum tonight because I thought my morning pain was just me! I LOATHE getting up from sleep. It seems like the less sleep I have, the less pain I wake up with but then I'm a royal, grouchy bitch the rest of the day. I used to have a high tolerance to pain and then I got tmj and boom. Full blown opiate addict, now in recovery, but cannot stand the slightest bit of pain. ESPECIALLY when I wake up. I seriously thought it was just my goofy mind and my family tries to be understanding but it's hard because I can't even explain to them just how awful I feel when I wake up. It really makes me feel better to know there are others feeling like I do :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Read this thread:

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6668

Bunny