It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry , long subject line, but I have been experiencing the most excruciating pain in my feet, knees, & hips, as well as, elbows and hands. It started when I was on methadone. So I switch to subutex. Ever since I've been on this drug, my leg pain has not improved and may have gotten worse. It almost feels like a blood clot but its in both of my legs. I have a job that requires me to stand on my feet for long periods of time. I'm so scared of losing my job due to this handicap. I mean the pain is so bad I can't get up to go to the bathroom without excruciating pain. I keep using that word because its the closest thing to describe how I feel. The cramps are getting worse esp. in my right leg. I don't know what to do. I really thought this was brought on by the methadone and sub's but right now I'm just hoping its not a life threatening thing, like a blood clot. Only thing makes me think its not is that every muscle that I excerpt on a daily basis becomes so sore the next day I can't move. I'm thinking this sub is weakening my body. I can't afford to lose my job. I'm on 4mg now. I was on 8mg per day for 4 days and went down to 4 two days ago. Can I start tapering and when should I get to 2mg. I have been reading and I know your supposed to be on low dose for 4 days THEN go down to 1mg or 2mg for four days, and keep doing 4 days until I get down to .50 or 0.25 and skip every other day from there. I have only been on sub's for 9 days. Is my body hooked on it yet ? I heard that it takes 3-4 weeks for your body to become fully Dependant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:10 am 

Hello Bumble, weclome to the forum.
Im sorry your having these pain issuses. Sounds very debilitating for sure. However im not convinced it has anything to do with your short time on Buprenorphine.
After reading your two posts your pain problem sounds like it has been around way before your 9 days on bupe had begin.
Your still withdrawing from the methadone you were taking. You didn't say how loug you have been taking methadone but it does have a loug wd and a loug half life.
The pain your in needs to be dealt with by a Dr. Not a sub clinic dr either. Stopping methadone and then Buprenorphine will both give you painful wd and body aches.
Im no Dr, but if I were you Id find one who could help you in your pain. I understand your in a panic and looking for answers here. Just not sure bupe is the problem Bumble.
Maybe alittle more information on your useing days and how loug had you been on methadone. There are side effects with Sub, but there are with every medication out there on the market. Most of the time it is the Naloxone in Suboxone that gets the blame .

Again, Im not dismissing your pain, I just feel you would be better served but having another Dr check you out . .

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

As far as your tapering off, your plan is ok. You ve been on for shuck a short time that your taper plan sounds fine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply! I was on methadone for two months and only got up to 40mg. Prior to methadone, I was taking about 3-4 30mg oxy a day. For a couple months. This pain when standing for long periods started while on the methadone.
I have talked to my doctor and she just seems to think it might be from sub's too and reffered me to a pain management Dr but I haven't heard anything back from them and I don't think they want to take me.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:37 am 

Your in a tuff spot Bumble.
Hopefully the pain management will come though for you. Ive read your other post and it all seems that your issuse began before sub. I think thats fair to say from what ive read here .

I don't understand your other drs agreement that it js the sub causimg this. It started during the methadone treatment.

30 to 40 mgs of methadone is equal to the tolerance od bupe dose. You may indeed just be in wd from the methadone and not taking enough Buprenorphine . A louger period of time on a higher dose of Sub could stablize your problem.

This is very hard to advise over the internet Bumble, Im no dr thats for sure but have read this before . Although I have not seen or heard it at the clinic I attend.

Razor..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Razor-
Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. I think you could be right, it very well could be withdrawal from methadone. But I really don't want to go up on sub. I would like to stay at 4mg because I don't feel as nauseated and my plan was to be on sub's for just 3 weeks. At this point I'm just not sure what to do anymore. I just don't want to lose my job because I can't work like this. Should I get off sub's and see if the pain goes away? Or stay on sub's for longer hoping that it will go away... Idk. I would rather suffer the wd's and be done with it then go thru this agony all day long..

And my doctors are a joke. Sad to say, but they can't help me. I've told them over and over about the pain and I've just gotten nowhere.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:44 pm 

One the hardest things to do in all of this is to jump from methadone to Buprenorphine. It is because of the halflife. It can take time, not days but two or three weeks to get stablized Bumble. Everyone is a little different.
Are you having any other wd type simptoms? I know you have said you only want to take sub for a short period of time but this is what brings me back to more Subutex.
Your reseptors are in a fight right now. Buprenorphine will win over time but to little of it will only slow down the process.
Its your plan get get off everything asap, but this may only serve you for a very short time. Imo, 4mgs is at the low end of the ceiling effect. Not sure what you have been RXd, but more bupe may level you out. Over time, it will. Then later on you could taper more slowly.
Tolerance to the methadone seems to be the problem, . Just my opinion. I get alittle nervous handing out medical advice .
The fact is you need to feel better and fast for work. More Bupe seems to be the answer and time...Have you tried any of the OTC pain reliefers or RLS medicines out there?

Razor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:25 pm 

Hey Bumble :)

I'm sorry about ur pain, I'm sure it sucks! Pain can be such a trigger also. I'm kinda feeling like razor here, if it started when u were on methadone, how could it be sub? U also mentioned that u have a job that keeps u constantly on ur feet all day right? If that's the case, couldn't that be the problem or at least part of it? I've heard many talk about the experience going from methadone to sub, and it can be tough in the beginning to say the least. So I'm sure ur having some issues with the switch. But the main pain started before sub and ur job requiring u to stand all day could be a big reason for this leg and hip pain. I had a job one time that required me to stand all day, and my back became horrible, I had to quit (and I don't even have that bad of a back problem). So maybe there's more to the pain, does it get a little better when u have days off?

It sucks that u can't find a doctor that u feel like can help u and understand. I really hope that this gets better for u and u get some relief.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Please see my comments after your other post about tapering....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Jenn , yes it does get better with days off. Its actually much better now. I think it might have been the rest of the methadone leaving my system or something like the Dr. that commented said. Or maybe that was just part of the sub getting stabilized in my system. But right now I'm on 4 mg and it seems to be working great at the moment. I'm actually not constipated for the first time in so long. It feels so good to be able to go comftorably without all those laxatives!!!!! Lol
Thank you to all that responded and gave me their input, omg you guys made me feel so much better. Thank God for this forum and the wonderful people who actually care enough to respond!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:02 pm 

Well thats great to hear. Hope you stick around and everything we have . Dr. Js Talkzone is a good place to start the education process..check it out..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Its really weird guys but since I've been on 2mg the joint and bone and muscle pain is GONE. I'm sorry I just find that amazing. Can't really understand it either. Sure hope it doesn't come back. I literally felt disabled .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:29 pm 

Hi Bumble, I just recently dropped from 8mgs to 6mgs about a week ago. Over the past few days, I have been experiencing pain in my legs and feet. I have not thought about it being related to the suboxone. I have been so focused on feeling so much better mentally. I dont think the suboxone is related in my case. I have put on weight and was already diagnosed with sciatica and osteoarthritis. My plan is to just try to deal with it and see if it lessens over time. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Pain started back up again. Also feeling like cravings for alcohol and pills. Have a lot of stress going on. Feel like sleeping all day again and no motivation or happiness.... Still just want to push through and get off subutex. Not sure what to do anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:55 am 

If you're craving then getting off sub is a bad idea. :(

Amy