It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on subs for almost two years. Hospitalized for a week and doctor put me on oxycodone. Got off before expected and had no issues. I have a huge bartholim cyst that was cut open in the ER and drained. They gave me a script of 5/325 Percocet. Went into doctor for check up and they refused to do anything for the pain and said I shouldn't be in pain and will be healed soon. Fast forward...been three weeks of excruciating pain. Lost my job, barely van sit or walk, have hot and cold flashes. Went back to the doctor today since it came back even worse. Didn't do a thing for me but refer me to a doctor an hour away to have a procedure done or have the gland surgically removed. I cried and cried asking for some help in relieving the pain in any way. They knew I can't get in for another week resulting in it getting bigger and more painful. Told me because of my past addiction I have to live with it. This is killing me and the pain has truly ruined my life the last few weeks. I can't even walk more then ten minutes without throwing up and having to lay down. I am so upset. More over the fact that because I was addicted to pain meds and seemed help on my own and have done so good that I'm being treated like crap and pretty much to suffer. I feel so alone and angry that I'm tempted to go to the streets to help me. I don't want to and wish there was another option here. I feel like I will have drug addict stamped on my head forever. Its the worst feeling physically and emotionally. What can I do? Anyone else dealt with this? I am new to this forum and have nobody to reach out to. Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi there SAE and glad to see you on the forum

I think that really sux that you have been turned down for legitimate pain.

Just because you were once or even still are an addict in NO WAY makes you have to suffer. If I were you, I would go to the emergency room or another doctor and get some relief. You can explain your past history and tell the doc that you need pain relief. Addicts DO have pain, they DO break bones, or have teeth pulled and there has to be some sort of "monitored " pain relief.

I had a few teeth pulled several years ago and my dentist knew I was an addict and only prescribed ibuprofen. Well that lasted about 1 day and I was calling him after hours telling him to get me on something else, which he did. I think that the Doc has your best interest at heart. It is just hard for the doc to tell who is telling truth or not. I think they "think" they are doing the right thing by keeping you away from narcotics, but sometimes, for serious pain, that is the only option.

Hope you get some sort of help from the pain you are having !