It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Paid Survey
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:06 pm 

Hi All,

I was on another Suboxone forum site and this was posted there. I already took the survey and it said 4-6 weeks to get my check for $100.00 It appears to be financed by the company who makes the Suboxone.

Check it out.

Are you currently taking Suboxone®(buprenorphine/naloxone CII) Sublingual Tablets or Film?

If you are currently taking Suboxone®(buprenorphine HCl/naloxone CIII Sublingual Tablets or Film) and are over 18, you may qualify for a web market research survey that will pay you $100.00 for your valuable time and opinions.

If you are interested in participating, please call:
Curtis Analytic Partners, Inc.
1-800-836-1684
Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm EST AND Friday, 9am-12pm EST

What you can expect when you contact Curtis Analytic Partners (CAP), Inc:
Curtis Analytic Partners (CAP), Inc. is a market research company specializing in patient research. We will ask you your first name and last name. We will then ask you a series of questions to determine if the survey will be appropriate for you, all of which will be kept strictly confidential. Your name, telephone number, email address, and mailing address will never be disclosed or distributed to anyone outside of CAP.

Once you have met all screening criteria we will send you a secure web link in order to complete the survey. Again, all personal information will be kept strictly confidential.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

THANKS! You rock for thinking of us.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

i toook it too!!!! the lsady who answered asked me some questions then emailed me the survey. there are limitec spots though

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Fast
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:35 pm 

That's why I posted it right away. Once it hit the other site, everyone there was taking it. It probably fills up fast, so act on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hate to be the cynic, but something about this just doesn't feel right. I've done several marketing surveys over the years, and the most I've ever gotten was $20. And do you trust these people to keep it confidential that you are an addict? I would like to hear Dr. J's input on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lilly - I called at 9 am this morning to get started on the survey. (You call first to pre-qualify before taking the survey online - they email you a link to complete it.) They repeatedly stress that they do not, under any circumstances, release your name to anyone. They also said they've been doing such surveys for 10 years. When I get the link I'll complete the survey. The woman I talked to said I pre-qualified, but I may still not qualify based on my answers to the survey. Also, she couldn't say for sure that there were still openings in the survey.

I've done these kinds of surveys before (not suboxone related though), either via phone, online, or in-person, and $100, although a bit on the high side, isn't that much outside the norm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just completed my online survey. It took about 20 or so minutes. It did say that the honorarium (the $100) will be sent out AFTER the survey closes. Let's hope that doesn't take too long. After all, a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks, especially in this economy!

Rule - I want to thank you again - VERY MUCH - for sharing this with us. It was very generous of you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lilly - One more thing. If you want to check out that market survey company's website, it's here: http://www.gocap.com/site/flash.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OK, I trust you guys and I checked the website, so I went ahead and did it. I would love to be able to sit down in a room and discuss that survey with all of you. It just seemed like the intention was to get opinions that could be used to bolster their marketing of the films. For instance in the side by side rating you could not rate the tabs and the films 50/50. You had to put one over the other, even where there was no difference (like in child safety).

Also, it wouldn't take some of my answers, like for time it takes tabs to dissolve I tried to put 300 sec. But the max was 120.
In the write in sections I did express my real concerns esp. about the lack of study on WDs and the lack of tapering doses.
I hope a lot of us here get the chance to do the survey. Maybe if they see the same concerns over and over they will get the hint. Or not. When I stated that I had tried and failed to go off at 2 mg I could just picture some greedy corporate executive smiling and rubbing his hands together, like "excellent, we've got them all hooked"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hadn't thought about the marketing ploy reasoning or them happy to have us "hooked" on subs. But I must admit you bring up some good points.

Anyway, as some of you know, I'm nowhere near stopping suboxone, but I did give them my opinions about needing more info on tapering, that doctors need training in said info, and that they need suboxone available in lower doses for people who are tapering. Because it's quite clear that that is an important area that is severely lacking.

Now, I know we don't trust RB one bit, but embarrassingly enough, I admit that I'm hopeful that this information will be used in conjunction with other information/research to make bupe treatment better for us and doctors. I know, I'm a sucker to hope that, but I've really been trying hard over the last year or so in an effort to become more optimistic. I found being negative was having an overall negative impact on most aspects of my life. I like things better this way.

Oh well, we may never know unless they make a major product change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

At the very end of the survey, I think underneath where we put our addresses, it said that they were going to use the information from the survey for the marketing of the films in other countries.

Post subject: Optimist
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:40 pm 

Hatmaker,

I've been an optimist all my life and it's much better than being a pessimist. The brain and body do much better with positive thinking. At least that's what they say.

Some people have even faulted my for it, but I don't make excuses. I always try to find the good in things and mostly do. If you look for the evil, you'll find it. But give someone a chance and a compliment, you've got a friend for life.

Same goes when I have a complaint with some company. I am very polite, patient, and use humor to make the process work in my favor. People have no idea how much I get accomplished by giving compliments. Credit on my bills, free HBO for months, etc.

So keep it up my friend. It makes the world a whole lot better place to live in.

And the study? I too am hopeful the information will be used for the better treatment of future addicts. I even suggested them producing comfort meds to support the addict that tapered and jumped. It was just really nice to give my opinion. My views mirrored those here.

Keep the attitude going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I did the survey in august that pays 100 and was told then that it would be 4 to 6 weeks after the survey was completed before they would send checks out. The survey was completed in the begining of sept. And i called in the middle of oct and was told my check would be received at the end of oct. Still i havent gotten it so once again i called and now they are telling me maybe i will receive it at the end of november. Im so irritated right now with this whole suboxone issue. Its horribly expensive and without insurance im paying close to 600 a month for my script and depend on every lil bit of money i can earn on the side i.e surveys etc to help with the cost. When i first started on the suboxone i was currently on methadone for herniated discs etc. And had become addicted to it so my Doctor (Daniel Palm) switched me over to the suboxone acting like it was a cure. He never told me how expensive it was and most of all didnt explain to me that its just as addicting as the methadone. Now he also told me i needed to be on it for 6 months to a year for it to work. Because of the expense i have started taking only half of what he prescribed and after being on it for 6 months i am again in addiction mode. I went to call my Dr the other day to get in for my appt and he is no longer there. His phone has been disconnected with no other number to call and no way to contact him. His office is empty and now im basically fucked again. Im seriously so sick of the bullshit these doctors do to you, what has happened to honesty and respect and compassion in Doctors. I just cannot understand how they can prscribe you addicting medication and lead you along month after month taking your money and at a drop of a hat literally disappear. I dont know what to do or who to see now, i dont want to go back to a clinic, he made me believe i was doing a good thing by taking the suboxone and i would be eventually clean. I dont have another 250 to drop on another dr. And dont know how to see another one anyways. My doctor has all my medical records and if i cant find him how the heck am i supposed to get those records transferred. So sick of my shit out of luck life and struggling with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Allmine -

First, welcome to the forum. I also just read on another site that this survey ended the end of September and checks wouldn't arrive till the end of November/first of December.

Now, on to things with you. Wow - your doctor just disappeared? That's horrible - especially with them having your medical records! The first thing I would do is write them a letter requesting your medical records ASAP. You want to document that you requested them. You never know - maybe they'll send them. Well, that's what I would do.

Unfortunately, you got one of the shitty doctors out there. But they are not all like that. I take it you are uninsured? You can start calling doctors and asking if they have openings in the Patient Assistance Program. It's a program thru the drug manufacturer for uninsured patients. It would pay for your meds for one full year. There is a doctor locator at the top of each page of this forum. You could start looking for new doctors there. Just explain your situation to them and hopefully they will be compassionate.

I'm sorry you're dissatisfied with suboxone. I agree that we are dependent on it and will have withdrawals when we stop taking it, but I disagree that we are addicted to it. Addiction in this context includes self-destructive behaviors - the kind like when we were using our DOC - stealing to get our drugs, lying to our family and friends, etc. All that shit we did that cost us our jobs, families, etc. There's a big difference between being dependent on a medication and being addicted to it.

I hope this helps some for you. If you have more questions or need more info, like about finding a doctor or need more online doctor locators (there are more), just ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey Hatmaker 10,
Thanks for replying to my post and i apologize for just going off the way i did I have been extremely stressed and needed to vent not to mention today is my 6th day without suboxone and the withdrawls are gettin bad now. i do agree that suboxone has kind of helped to change my life but again the expense is outrageous. As to the patient assistance program u spoke of I had given my doctor my income taxes from last year to apply for the program and have been waiting for a lil over 2months to find out if i qualify in fact i had planned on asking my doctor if and when i find him.
How do i go about locating him? Seriously i saw him last month and he didnt say a word about closing their office etc and i know he had a huge amount of patients I just dont understand how he could just close his office and disappear like that. I have tried everything from googling his website to calling 411 and even asked the pharmacy if they had a different number to contact him but still he hasnt listed anything different or new.
Anyways i def need to get into a dif dr. asap im not feeling to well but again thanks for your help and also what you said about addiction being different than dependacy is food for thought

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Update on the Curtis survey honorariums. I called Curtis this morning to ask them about the honorarium checks. The person I spoke to told me that the survey didn't close until the end of October and the checks weren't due to start going out until 6-8 weeks AFTER the survey closed. They did say one batch of checks went out already, but that over 500 people participated and it will take some time to get them all out.

I was then transferred to the accounts payable department where I was told to give them all my contact info so they could cut me a check right away. With any luck they will do that and I'll get my check soon.

Some of you might want to do the very same thing...call them and light a fire under their ass to get your check moving. They were very apologetic about the situation and were concerned that people were doubting the legitimacy of their company due to the delays. They have been in business for over 20 years and they are a legitimate company.

I'll let you all know when my check arrives. Good day, y'all. :)

Post subject: Almost Forgot
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:50 pm 

Thanks Hat, you rock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

UPDATE: I got a call back from Curtis and they said they are doing another check run in about two weeks. So I doubt the checks will arrive before Xmas, but they are on their way, from the sounds of it. Damn, I could really use it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I never got my check from the phone call I made, so I called them back last week. Lo and behold they sent me my check two days later this time! So if you participated in the survey and haven't received your check yet, don't be afraid to CALL THEM. It's the original number you called to do the survey in the first place (at the top of the page).

They are a legitimate company. They said the survey just ended up being WAY bigger than they anticipated and they are having a harder time getting all those checks out than they thought.

So be proactive and go get your money!

Post subject: Received Mine
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:07 am 

I forgot to post that I got mine about 2-3 weeks ago. Like Hat said, call if you haven't received yours yet.

$100 came in very handy.