It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Oxytrex
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Has anyone heard of the studies of oxytrex? Combining an ultra low dose of naltrexone with oxycodone? I know this is a recovery board and this may not be the proper place for this but I also know that many of us (myself included) started our dependence/addiction with prescribed doses of narcotics. They say that oxytrex could possibly treat pain as effectively but take be less habit forming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I too read about this. There was a similar combo of Morphine / low dose naltrexone.

The only positive information about it seems to come from the company that's developing it. My personal belief is it's pharma company hype, because I haven't heard anything about it for some time, and investors are wary.

I don't think we'll be seeing it any time soon. Unlike Suboxone, the antagonist ..will.. be active in these drugs, so essentially there will be a constant agonist / antagonist battle going on. I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be substantial side effects in some people. I really don't see how it could be more beneficial than just reducing ones agonist dose?

People have been trying since before heroin to separate opioids analgesic properties from its addictive. Heroin was actually marketed as a "non-addictive" morphine. All through last century chemists were tinkering with the chemistry, until finally some bright spark realised the analgesia was what made it addictive.

So I'm cynical. Well, I'm always cynical. :lol:

Post subject: i'm kinda
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:54 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

sure I read it was not approved by the FDA...

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi dulouz'wellcome.tear or indigo- dues naltrexone come from all the things with narcotics in it :oops:
i just wounder where it came from? it would be nice to no? just thought i would put some thought
into it 'and so i thought i would ask you even though my thoughts are not all that stable sometimes :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think it's chemically similar to certain opioids. It's definitely synthetic. But the difference is that, because of its shape, it doesn't activate the receptors at all.

It woulda come from a laboratory. Some chemist was probably looking for a new opioid, synthesized naltrexone, realised it kicked other opioids off the receptors.. then he told his boss, and his boss probably thought "at least it does something. Maybe we could come up with a use for it?"

Post subject: embeda
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:07 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

embeda, I believe is morphine/naltrexone- now I don't know anyone who has every been prescibed it but on all the drug boards-e.g. bluelight, opiophile they claim it causes precipitated wds (or some harm) from injecting it....personally, I don't know or care...I used to read those boards back in the active using days eight, nine years ago

Post subject: harm reduction
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:20 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm a huge fan of harm reduction- people are still going to do it , so why not provide the safest method or as much education as possible ..instead of dumb junkies, smarter junkies :roll: ....that's one thing im a huge advocate of- you should be able to buy needles, basteric..(sp) water, viles, the wheel filters (micron), all that shit should be accessible at the health dep. but they must give educational literature etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

good to no" how thoughtful. i would have thought of it early'er' but my thought's were not the same
thoughts i was thinking about be for that. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oop's" o.k i'll lay off the thought's'. but i thought about suboxone' and here i am. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ya indigo'. and they should not for get to wear there condom's?