It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:( Hello guys and gals! I am sorrry it has been such a long time since I have posted last. But I have been trying to get my life sorted out and live life on it's terms! I am pleading with anyone who can advise and not humiliate me, to lend an ear and maybe some direction!
I have been clean and sober since my first post way back when,...I moved from NC to PA to move in with my elderly parents so we could HELP each other sort of!...and plus allow me time and distance away from the drugs and people and surroundings that were clawing at me!
My problem is,.....I was working as contracted labor during my fulblown addiction to oxy,percs,vic, anything I could get ahold of, for the years of 2004-2010 I think, for a bodyshop ( autobody)
Well being the addict that I was, I was being paid outright and never paid taxes, I blew all the money that should have gone to the state and fed on pills!...bags of pills,...that I would gobble by the handful!....I was on a suicide mission for sure!
Anyway,....I moved here to PA about 1.5 years ago and have been attending a sub program here and have been doing well except for this problem of owing huge to these agencies!...I am sooooo stupid for doing this I KNOW!!!,...Honestly..I DONT KNOW how I could be this stupid??...I just block out the thought of it all and try to work and live,...but it has caught up with me and I am sooo worried of the consequences!!
The state and fed have been sending me letters,...but I throw them in a pile.....VERY STUPID>>> I KNOW!
I mean,.I knew I would one day have to take care of this,...but the fear and wanting a normal life,....made me just ignore it all, in spite of the knowing I would one day be face to fac with it and it would be LARGE!!
The former state has put a levy on my bank account,...which only had 128 bucks in it,...but it is the same account that my paycheck is deposited into from my current job(bodyshop). I have all taxes deducted from my check at this job so I am ok with the current state PA, and the fed, from the year and something I have lived here,...but I am in trouble now cuz I have no money for food and rent to my folks, or money for gas to go to work, etc!...

I WANT TO FINALLY START taking care of this but am scared to go it alone!!!!!...AFRAID I will lose the few things I have left after my addiction took it's toll!!...meaning,....my bike, my tools, and my beat up lil honda civic!!

PLEASE!!!>>>>>is there anyone out there that has gone through this and knows of a good HONEST TAX RELIEF ATTORNEY OR FIRM THAT WILL HELP ME ARRANGE A PAYMENT plan to get current or catch up this debt??

I REALLY do want to pay this and get this behind me so I can sleep at night !! It has been haunting me like the plauge for years,....and now its time to pay the piper,...but I am scared as hell to go it alone and get railroaded into a plan that will take my few small assets and make my life so dim that I will be eating spam and living under an underpass!

I know I have been very STUPID by doing all this,.....but I have done alot of things right during my recovery!
I dont CARE if I have to pay payments for the rest of my life(IM 41), I just cringe at the thought that I will not be able to rid emy motorcycle anymore or they will come and take my tools and toolbox that I need to make a wage!
PLEASE<>..can anyone advise me?...or has anyone BEEN THROUGH THIS OR SOMETHING SIMILAR????

I AM also afraid that they will take everything and I will not be able to be in the program and will have to quickly detox from SUB!!
Which will,...I am sure debilitate me so far as that I will collpase inside and go insane!!
I am petrified to say the LEAST!......I just sit here almost in tears,...but at the same time want to beat the shit out of myself for ever letting it go this far!!

RIGHT NOW,...I have 12 dollars in my pocket and my last paycheck was deposited intot he account that they have levied!....I owe my parents for rent and food and have no gas to get to work this week!...so i am in bad shape!

anyone know of a GOOD HONEST TAX HELP FIRM?????..and please dont say taxmasters..they ripped me off 3 years ago when I started to take care of all this but relapsed into addiction,..........before finally getting clean 2 years ago!!

thanks in advance.....I am hoping someone can steer me the right way or give me some hope that I will be ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

FIRST OFF< good job getting clean.......
SECOND..........simmer down good buddy,,,, this too shall pass.

I dont know if youve read any of my stuff on here, Ive been on sub ten months, no slips, ten yrs of active addicton.
unfortunately I DO know what your going thru......

I cannot have a bank accoutn. they just take ANY money thats in it. AND the bank charges ME to give THEM the money.

first thing you need to do, is STOP the direct deposit. OR get a greendot card. thats what i do now. you can buy them at a rite aid, walgreens, etc.
$20 to start has to be loaded, with the temp card you buy in the store. you register it, then they send you one in the mail. NO SOC SEC number required, which means they CANNOT garnish it. belive me, ive had mine for ten months. they would have got mine by now, if they could.

what stupid thing i did????
oh, I claimed unemployment while working to feed my addiction. YEP, stupid.
$18,000 worth of STUPID
the state of oregon, is a real pisser too.

I also owed the irs over 5 thousand a few yrs ago......
you need to call teh automated number on one of your notices, and set up a payment plan. my first one was for fifty bux a month. if you FAIL to pay your fifty a month, they WILL take 30% of your GROSS income.

I talked to 3 attorneys aobut all the shit you see on tv about owing back taxes.
the attorneys I talked to, all of them said, YOU can do better ALONE, the big companies just charge YOU money to do the same thing the IRS would tell you, if you called yourself.
I will write more, Im posting this so you can read it, and calm down a lil!!!!!!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

so, id suggest showing up maybe at a local office, if you can. its really hard to get someone on the phone. but should be easier, when the big tax season is over.
but if theyve levied your account, theres no running, maybe if you call and put in your SSN, they WILL talk to you. they do have that automated, payment plan thing you can go thru.
trust me, whatever payment you make to them, stick to or theyll be garnishing your paycheck in a matter of weeks.

theres also something called a local tax advocate, you can write, that will help you set up payments and help you to "get on track" with them.
you can find and write your tax advocate by looking it up online.
you simply put your situation down, im sure stating that your in recovery will help a whole SHITLOAD
anyways, they have a form you fill out of why your having a hard time payin, like you dodged it for years due to an addiction would be a great answer, my friend.
america loves the underdog remember.

Ok, so thats what you need to do immediately, and start getting apaper check, cash it where the checks written from and then load your greendot card.
OR you can have your check direct deposited to the greendot card, too. instructions online after you register it. remember, they cannot garnish the greendot card, your SSN is not on it.

If I failed to answer any questions, just ask me. Ive been ther, still am with the state of oregon. getting ready to file chaphter 7, but the state and IRS dont "accept' bankruptcy. assholes, anyways. :roll:

try and calm down, and know that your recovery is still the most important thing.
and IM telling you RIGHT NOW
the UNPAID tax advocate for YOUR area,
will help MILLIONS more than any freaking tax place you see on TV. all those places do, is charge YOU to talk to the IRS, which you can do yourself. and dont worry, they dont want your motorcycle, they got bigger fish to fry.
I PROMISE

[marq=right]I REPEAT, DO NOT, CALL ANY TAX/IRS HELP LAW FIRM, ITS ALL BULLSHIT[/marq]

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thankyou sooo much Amber, for your cool and collected answers!...I heard something about the prepaid card thing but wasnt sure it would take a direct deposit,....and I was really worried because my employer does the whole shop in direct deposit,...and I think they REALLY PREFER it that way!!...The last thing I need to do is become a hassle for them and I also heard that wage garnishment is a real pia for an employer! Sometimes to the fact that if the dont make the payment on time or at all,...they also become liable for ,my liability!.which is .....oh GOD,...prob near 80k by now with penalties and interest on 5 years of wages!. I was making GOOD money!!
Well,...I wanted to really thank you so very much, because I am sitting here in the basement apartment,...going through all of the letters and papers on this and trying to sort it all out, all while having mini panic attacks at the same time!..haha

I also do realize that being sober and living in recovery is definatley my number one priority!...In fact,...the night I found out about my bank levy,...my first thought was to go get a bottle of booze and get fucked up!!....but I DIDNT! I am proud of that!
I do not really know where I could score opiates here in my area,...which is a GOOD thing for sure!. The local peeps in my Group that I meet with always talk about getting calls or seeing their connect! I feel for them!....I left my connections in NC!,.....although,....my father takes percs,...and my Brother, who also lives here on and off when he isnt at his GF's house, takes morphine!.....SO i am pretty proud that I have not stole or begged for a pill<s>,........but I really do have to attribute that to the SUboxone!!.It has really helped me get out of the nasty, dark world I was living in when in active addiction!!

Well,,,I better go and get more sorting done before I lay in bed half the night worrying,....hahah,...jk!
well,........maybe a lil!........

Thanks so much,.I have a greendot card,.but not sure what the expiration date is,........I also have a Walmart money card,...whic is in the same deal,.....date?......and I even think it is an affiliate of Greendot also!

I will check with the TPA in the area as soon as I can,.......but it is hard trying to work and talk on the phone at the same time!
I am hoping that after the 21 days,.I will have whats left of my paycheck this week and can pay the toolman for my toolbox,.I would be in deep shit if I lost that too,.......I need it to work and store my tools!

thanks again,.and I hope I can bounce a few things off of ya here and there!

the NC dept of Revenue is gonna be a bit tougher than the irs as far as payment plans.......the lady on the phone Friday told me, that I had till April 31 to pay 10,200 or my bill would be 16k and then they would prob start garnishing my wages!......good news,.only good news about all this is,...that they (NC) is only allowed to garnish 10% of my gross!.....so I would be left with enough money to live but I still dont wanna piss of my boss with all this!

I am not really sure I should tell him about all this,??...........that is my next woe!! I am not sure what to say in order to get a paper check!,.they will wanna know?.........and eventually, if I get my wages garnished,.he will know anyway!
I have also kept my recovery to myself at work,...........due to the fact, that it seems to be a bit of an immature atmosphere there! The guys I work with,...are sometimes worse than highschool cheerleaders when it comes to gossip!(hah hope that does not offend in any way)

well,.I will talk at ya later and keep ya filled in!

thanks again!.sincerely!!.................................Ghost Rider!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Imnot sure about the walmart card, but I KNOW for a fact, if you look up your greendot card online, it gives you all the instruction necessary to do the direct deposit.
see, my grandpa died from asbestos, and I get $200 a month from a settlement, he was getting, he left it to me. its actually in my grandmas name now, for a bit, cuz it used to be 500 a month, and I did one of those "its your money and you need it now" bullshit.........stupid , I know
so now, it gets DD to the greendot card. works great. cant have a bank act, anything thatd go in, would go right to the state of oregon.....o ya, I feel ya bro

anyways, GREAT JOB not getting sucked back down the rabbit hole thru all of this

start buying a lotto ticket for two bucks every paycheck like me k?
I have been, and Im still hopeing!!!!!

and finally taking care of this crap is a double edged sword. cuz I feel like you deserve a FRESH START when you clean up, but apparently the tax folks dont agree.

I dont know bout your boss, mine has been pretty cool. he says if he does get papers, he'll only take ten percent. theyr allowed to take THIRTY of your gross here, if my husband was working too, they could take HALF!!!!!
could you freaking imagine?? and food stamps and stuff, they dont give two shits if HALF your check is garnished, they go off gross income. my friend is going thru that right now.
he owed 60k to the IRS ........
the tax advocate helped TONS
and he makes his payments, so far, so good for him.

SO glad I could help, at least get you over the panic and disruption something like that causes. it really sux. when I was high, I never gave two shits. I was like 'come get me'
then I cleaned up and was SO scared, freaked out, you name it.....

so good luck.........
see if you can get that direct deposit straightened up in the next day or two, should be able to if your 'on it'
agian,
buy the lotto ticket my good brother!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well....I checked and my walmart moneycard IS linked with greendot,....but it DOES have my SSN on it......I had actually gotten the card a while back when none of this was a problem and the deal is,...it expires end of April..I call their customer service...haha...in,.....who kn ows?.the Philipines or something and they said that the gov couldnt touch it,.but what the hell do they know right?..all I know is my SSN is attached and the irs is actually sending out refunds this way, so I am sure they have ALL access to the records ya know?..........
And to beat all that,.....I got the Direct dep form emailed from them to me,....filled it out and handed it to my office manager Tuesday and told her that I was having issues with my bank and that I NEEDED my Direct dep transferred to this Moneycard!
She called the accountant and she said that would be fine and that is for some reason it didnt show on my card Friday morning, that I should ask the receptioniost to write me a check for my net pay. Well...Friday came and all morning I was checking the card balance and nothing,....so I went to the girl in the office (the office manager is the girlfriend of the shop owner, and they are in the caribbean for the next 16 days),........and she said that Jill didnt mention any of this to her, but she would check it out!
At that instance I though,ya know,..I BET they screwed up and the money was deposited into my old "frozen" account!!!
I checked,...........and by God,.it WAS!!!....what a nauseating feeling!!!
I asked the girl (Tony) if she thought they tried to deposit into my old account and she said no I dont think so,..........but if it isnt on your card by say 2pm,.I will write you a check,.but we will have to investigate where the money went!.I said OK<mainly>>>.but who knows??
Anyway,..................advice?........DONT EVER FUCK WITH THE IRS OR STATE REVENUE DEPT!!....lol
I went to a group meeting Thursday,..but really didnt get a chance to tell about my situation,.........the meeting was focused on another member's issues at hand!......but at least I have the forum here!.....and thanks for your advise Amber!.....anything else you can add would be greatly appreciated!!..........as I have not been down this road before and dont know what is coming next!!
I will try and get ahold of a TAS Monday,....(last week was all about trying to save my paycheck and performing on the job so not to lose it),.......but it is really tough trying to work and stay on the phone with all these people,...but I guess I have no choice!
thanks again...Ghost Rider

ps,............sorry for writing a book and whining like a little kid about all this!.....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

you dont have to apologize!!
its so freaking scary when you owe this 'establishment' money.....

the only advice I can give you about the green dot card/walmart card is that
I am being garnished at work by a collection agency, and when I first started working, I had an acct at Bank of America. my second paycheck, which ya know, you dont need too bad coming outta activie adiction!, anyways second paycheck gets deposited at BOA, and BOOM
collection agency got MY ENTIRE acct, after garnishing me 25% already. fucked up??? oh yes

so, Ive had the greendot card eversince. maybe they dont know how to 'search' this ,,, whatever the case may be, they dont garnish it.

AND I was being "levied' by the IRS for the last $2200 I owed them from 2006, except I was having alot of taxes taken outta my payroll (so I could pay off IRS) that way the colection agency would get less money, and I could have a large return, ror at least SOME after the two g's.
well, six mos ago they sent me papers to fill out about my 'assests" and I sent them back info about me working and getting an xtra hundred bux deducted outta my check all year.
that helped, they backed off.
BUT I know, they woulda took the $ off that greeedot card, IF they could, cuz I never made one payment.

and in 2003 is when me and my husband owed almost 10 grand. they garnished our bank acct then.....lol

okay, and I asked my friend that owes the 60k, to the IRS, he uses a prepaid card, the rush card or some shit, but he says he hasnt had any problems, as long as he pays his payment of $200 a month. he was only paying 125, then his wife gota job, so Iknow the tax advocate should be able t help with the payments part.

wana hear about my refund/payment this year????
everyone else is sick of my bitchin!!!

well, since I owed the 2200, I knew I wasnt gonna get the full amt my efile paperwork showed, but I efiled the 7th of feb. my 'estimated' tax refund (direct dep) was soposed to be the 15th of FEB

so for a month, Ive watched the "wheres my refund" which fucking sux by the way, say
if you filed a complete and acurate tax return, you should recieve your refund witin 6 wks of the recieved date"

NICE< huh?

so this morning, I check it , now feeling like an idiot, cuz its said the same thing for a month,
and WA LA
it says I should have a direct dep on the 7th.
OVER A MONTH!!!
and its not so much that its late, Im happy to get my back taxes paid, ya know? its that they dont give you ANY INFO
i called three diferent times, last week, cuz it had been 4 calender weeks since efiling, and they pretty much just tell you theyr delayed cuz of a computer glitch.
theres even a facebook page dedicated to all the ppl experiencing this......what a crock o shit

it just goes to show, they can do what ever they feel like, and you've got every right to be freaking the hell out!!!!!
but, youll be okay

Im sorry bout your paycheck, but Im like 90% sure they cant garnish off that card. and you should probly go buy anew one if the exp. date is getting close, or when its closer. maybe call and see if they 'll send you a new one???

anyways, glad I helped, even if its just moral support...... :?
GOOD LUCK
bought my lotto tickets yesterday!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks so much for talking to me!....It helps more than you know,..to know someone else has been through similar shit and they are doing ok,.....or at least getting by!.yeah,.it is scary for sure!..I am totally ready to make payments ( as long as they are managable) for the rest of my life to the irs and state,.just as long as I dont have to sell off all I own at this point and can have these personal properties to keep me happy,.or at least keep me satisfied!.I mean,......I kinda look at it as a loan from the gov,..with a big huge interest rate I guess?@!!! What i mean is,.........I made it out of my suicide addiction alive,......and have a few things still, that are very important to me (possesion wise>toolbox still being paid on, Motorcycle owe 6 more payments, and my truck,...which I like to work on and tinker with), and I just would like to keep them! I know I screwed up back then!!!.....I want to get things set up for payment plans with irs and state, I just worry so much about these things,.haha...stupid right? I guess I justify it by thinking to myself,.that,.....I am 41, with no children,..and no home ownership, and no girlfriend,spouse or whatever to bring me emotional joy in life,.........so I look at these things that I have to fill that void!
I bought or financed this motorcycle in the middle of my addiction and riding it back then and even now, sober,......is the only thing that comes close, or compares to the feeling I would get when I was high on handfuls of pills,..and it is a great way to clear your mind and get a sense of inner peace when you get out there on the road and buzz down the highway! So I would desperately like to keep it!
All of my life I have watched other co workers buy and work out of these nice toolboxes. For the last 16 years i have been working out of an old crappy craftsman toolbox. But I could never justify the cost! they are very expensive! Well,.......just 4 weeks ago,....feeling good about my recovery, and of course blocking out the unpaid debts I have with big brother, I saved up a lil money and put it down on a nice one and financed the rest for the next 3 years at 40 a week!. It showed up and I was in love right away!!
I enjoy going to work now because I actually feel like a real technician now,...not just a guy with 20 yrs experience and a crappy old beat up toolbox!....I mean,......I was always a good tech,...........but now,.i just FEEL like one when I go and slide one of the drawers open to grab something ya know?.....

well,.......I just wanna keep these simple joys in my life!....I dont care about making payments for life to the agencies,....as long as I can keep what I have now, and not be living under a bridge somewhere ya know?...

anyway..I am gonna get to work here on the computer and all this paperwork in front of me,.....and take your advise and look into the Advocate and do some research on how to go about all this from online help sources! I hope one day that you will win the lotto Amber!!...how nice it would be for one of us to just wipe all this crap off of out table and live happy and worry free from money probs with the agencies and big brother!..I know I would!!...........and,.........hahahaha.you are gonna think this is the funniest shit!!,.....I even thought of writing to ol Bret Favre and tell him about my prescription painkiller addicition and the big trouble it has gotten me in and maybe he would have mercy on a fellow addict and pay off my tax debt so that I could stay focused on my recovery instead of all this tax nightmare!.I mean,.come on,.....he could pay it off and not even blink an eyelash at the amount!!

hahaha,...I know!!.......crazy!....stupid!........pathetic!!...lol.....I know.....it is my wagon and burden,.......and I need to own up to it and get a grip and start taking care of it!.......it would just be SOOOO NICE,....not to have to worry and stress the F%&k out about all this, and just go to work,....come home,....and ride my MC on the weekends!...........SOBER!..

I will keep in touch and let ya know how it all is progressing!.......or whine about it all ,....lol..........I am definately happy that I got clean and continue to keep it as #1 priority,....I mean,.......I do enjoy sobriety,.....it is nice to have a clear head and not be high all the time!........I just wish i would have taken care of this sooner,......I dont think it would have been as bad!......at least I have a chance to do that with the irs,.........they have not put the boot on my throat yet,.so maybe me contacting them first will help!

thanks again for talking to me!.........I really dont have any friends here in this town,..and my family,.............well,........they just dont understand what I am going thru,...went thru,.......or why I did it all in the first place!.........

Ghost Rider