It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Super happy way happier than on opiates! I quit 12mg cold turkey after years on and am here to report I feel awesome! So happy i quit and believe its all mindset and can be overcome if you dedicate to be recovered barring any pain management or major injury/chronic pain stuff. I also quit all other meds same time including atarax, remeron, and testosterone shots. Suprisingly my natural testosterone is already coming back! I dont care what anyone says i believe the subs caused low testosterone enough to need injections. Quitting however whether taper or cold turkey is way doable. Good luck to everyone here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations colorado! You've every right to feel good about yourself.

The unaddressed question of course is now what? I hope you've got something in place to
safeguard your hard won sobriety, although many would argue that freedom from full on opiates by means of buprenorphine is for all intents and purposes sobriety as well. The difference now is that you'll be dealing with cravings. The day will come when you're sick, or depressed, or full of grief, or tired of life....or perhaps all those things at once. When that time comes you'll need to be prepared.

Do you have a good support system? Are you working any program? In therapy? Tell us more about your future plans,,,

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Onya Colorado. That's great news. How did you find the "high jump"? That's a fair amount of medication to jump off in one hit! Was it a rough ride?

I've found that T and libido bounces back pretty solid once one stops taking opioids. Glad the T shots haven't stopped that from happening as well.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Honestly i have nothing at all in place except a new job that requires absolute sobriety now. My job before did but wasnt that strict as long as ypu had prescriptions(was a cop)If i even take benadryl the night before my shift at this new job id risk prison time and major reprocussions if any accidents or incidents happened. Im supposed refrain from any and all medications even over the counter bedside some from an approved list. The high jump was easier than any ween before! By the time i weened enough last time i was so burned out from minor withdrawals that the actual withdrawal pushed me over the edge. Great news on the testosterone and yeah my libido is great!