It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Ovarian surgery
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok, so I've been sober for 29 days now, and on sub for 24. I am loving how I can actually live my life now. And so of course something has to come up health wise that is a huge fear since starting the sub. I've got a cyst on my ovary. I have a dr apt to discuss this and possible surgical removal in Feb. I am scared to death to have surgery while on sub....for many reasons. 1) obviously I'm scared I won't be able to get adequate pain control. I am on 4mg of sub a day, if that helps anyone, but I'm afraid most docs won't dose a strong opiate or at the doseage I need to cover post surgical pain.2) I'm also afraid of taking an opiate at all after being so new in recovery. Obviously if I need surgery I will stay at my parents and they can handle giving me my doseage of meds, but I'm scared to have to go through w/d again to get back on sub.

Any advice? This is one of my worst fears and of course it's coming up now before I even have a full handle on any of this.

Thanks,
Maya

Post subject: Re: Ovarian surgery
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:30 pm 

Hello Maya,
Id like to direct you to some of DrJunigs posts on his blog. Have you read anything from him over at the Suboxone Talkzone?
This is his blog, and he has written many times on just what you are asking about.
First off, please know that with the right information you will be better able to work with your own drs on your heath issue.
Pain can be controlled. Making the drs understand is the work involved.
Its ok to be scared, but try to believe everything will be alright Maya.

If you are using the AddictionRemission app go to the talkzone or use the Search Box and find posts this way.
Here are two titles : Buprenorphine plus Hydrocodone..and Broken Bones on Suboxone; Need pain Relief. Those two are a good place to start. .there are many others.

We let our fears run away with ourselves sometimes. I know i do at times. I also worry about the day ill have a heath issue. Ive tried to arm my self with knowledge and have the hope that it ll be ok when it does come.

Hope this may help you, and GREAT JOB on your 29 days.....and COUNTING!!!

RAZOR...

Post subject: Re: Ovarian surgery
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

hi maya, hope you have a successful surgery on feb. and don't be afraid everything will be alright.

anyway congrats on your 29 days. keep it up :) :)