It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Outpatient???
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:02 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well it is coming up om 6 days off suboxone and things have gotten a little sticky the last few days. Today I took off work and just having a hard time dealing in general. Should I try an outpatient facility? OR should I just push through eat well, exercise,and just no more suboxone. I was on suboxone for 6 years taking 2mg daily 3 times a day and about 10 days ago I got hit with what I thought was a cold and it felt like my suboxone just stopped working for me. I took more suboxne thinking that would help, no luck, i took from a different bottle, thinking I got a bad batch, no luck, so 6 days later after my last 2mg dose that did not do shit for me, I am am debating whether or not I need outpatient help??? I would say currently my pain and cravings is about a 5-6 out of 10 def can handle it, but don't want to live like this forever. If everyday gets slightly better than I hope I can do this thing. Any words of wisdom appreciated? Tough times!!! Do I need to hit meetings? I tried in the past with not much luck, just wasn't for me, but that was almost 7 years ago, so maybe this time will be different, knowing I want off. But i don't want the rest of my life to be one meeting after another?? Again thoughts? Any any advice on more safety nets that I can put into place to ensure I never take another opiate would be much appreciated? Looking to get educated as hell to fight this monster. thx and huge thx for those that take the time and try to help, some super people in here, my man Romeo is at the top of the list, super guy, thx Romeo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:45 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

cbk....6 mgs/day is a high dose to "jump" from but people have done it. I think romeo jumped from 5.

It's all up to you! You could be one of the lucky ones with minimal w/d...don't know and only time will tell.

Take it minute by minut, take care of yourself and DO NOT feel bad if you have to go back to a small amount, But if you can do it, by all means DO IT! Let us know how you're doing,

Post subject: Day 2 for me
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:24 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I'm on day 2. I've made it 12 days before and given up. Which was stupid. It could have been over with. I think the most comforting thing I've heard people say is as that as bad as the depression gets, your true pain will slowly begone after a week or so. And it will get better day after day.
And like everyone said, everyone takes different amounts of times. Which can give you hope. I'm frightened to death right now. Its nice to know theres someone out there who's a little further beyond me and still making it.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:40 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

You got it! I just got some shot of adrenaline, right now I feel decent compared to my morning, which I exercised, went to the store, went on a walk, and just tried to kill time. I sure as hell hope it can be done. I am basically at 6 days with no drugs of any kind. It can be done, thx for posting, those messages keep me going. All I know is I am giving it everything I got to make it this time. I want a life without drugs. I don't want to wake up again feeling like death, suboxone saved me for sure, but now it is time to move on. I want that tingly feeling back when something good happens, I want to wake up in the morning feeling I sleep, I want to take a crap 2 times a day and not 2 times a week. I want my mother fucking life back without drugs. Fuck the drugs. Poison, just poison. Time to get my roll on and man up to this mid evil fuck. I am scared as hell, but I want it badly, as long as I can get some breaks and it eases up every so often I plan on pushing through. I Love you all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

cbk1013 wrote:
You got it! I just got some shot of adrenaline, right now I feel decent compared to my morning, which I exercised, went to the store, went on a walk, and just tried to kill time. I sure as hell hope it can be done. I am basically at 6 days with no drugs of any kind. It can be done, thx for posting, those messages keep me going. All I know is I am giving it everything I got to make it this time. I want a life without drugs. I don't want to wake up again feeling like death, suboxone saved me for sure, but now it is time to move on. I want that tingly feeling back when something good happens, I want to wake up in the morning feeling I sleep, I want to take a crap 2 times a day and not 2 times a week. I want my mother fucking life back without drugs. Fuck the drugs. Poison, just poison. Time to get my roll on and man up to this mid evil fuck. I am scared as hell, but I want it badly, as long as I can get some breaks and it eases up every so often I plan on pushing through. I Love you all!

Hi and congratulations on making it this far! Obviously these days are going to be the 'longest' and the toughest days to get through, so every single day you make it through is another giant step closer to being free. Of course, you can do it. You are going to be sick, but it will go away. I'm trying so hard to get off via tapering and it's not going as it should. I've been on since '05 so I'm watching you closely and hoping it gets way better for you. Apparently, some people who have been on it a long time, like us, have protracted w/d, even when they slowly taper. So, maybe it is just better that you jumped and are getting it over with. You could taper on and on, but it may end up being super tough anyway. I'm at the point now where I'm pretty sure I'm just going to have to bite the bullet like you and jump off. My best friend jumped a month and a half ago and has been on Sub long-term and is now doing okay. She was really sick for about a week and then it started letting up. It still comes back in waves, but not nearly as badly as it was that first week.

You can do this!!! If you have the space in your life to be sick right now, then go for it!!!!

laddertipper

Post subject: johnboy
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

wow cbk1013 your very strong,and now your giving me some HOPE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:54 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

cbk1013 wrote:

Yeah. Ups and downs come real hard. Earlier I was crying and wanted to go to the hospital. Now I'm dicking around on my ipad with some light anxiety. I'm only 2 days in and i know it will get way darker. I'm trying to keep myself sane by documenting my every moment like Jeff Goldblum in The Fly. I really want a beer but I'm pretty sure that wouldnt help. Probably have negative effects. Especially this early. Anyone know on that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:59 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Lol! You get beat up enough the weakest will fight back.I have been weak for a long time, all I have to say is fuck that.Time to fight for my life. For myself,wife,and 2 beautiful children.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:03 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Beer?no way you will not make it,you need water only,maybe gatorade.no drugs ever again period.

Post subject: difficultycoping
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hey difficultycoping. How many mg subs did you jump from?

Post subject: Re: difficultycoping
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:16 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

l i v i n wrote:

2mg. but I only dropped to 2 from 4 like a week ago. I'm coming off hard. But theres so much more that goes into the level of pain aside from the previous dosage. My post is the one below yours says "need help really bad. My story and current condition is there.

Post subject: Re: difficultycoping
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:20 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

DifficultyCoping wrote:
l i v i n wrote:

2mg. but I only dropped to 2 from 4 like a week ago. I'm coming off hard. But theres so much more that goes into the level of pain aside from the previous dosage. My post is the one below yours says "need help really bad. My story and current condition is there.

I wrote that wrong. I meant the topic below this one, not "the post below yours"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:59 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I want to apologize for saying no beer,i have only 6 days off, that is nothing and it sure as hell does not qualify me to give advice,i wish you the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I am amazed at anyone with enough courage to jump at a dose higher than .5mg(even that is high).I hope you stick with it because you will feel so good when you start feeling the withdrawal go away. keep us updated. much respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:44 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

closing in on day 7! Thx man. tonight was a good night overall, confidence got a boost, my legs are really bothering me now, but going to jump in hot bath and see what happens. anxiety has been coming in waves, but giving me breaks and on the brighter side no pun intended, things are getting clearer and bright, tonight I went to the local card room and all of the sudden everything in the room just got crystal clear and bright?????Anyway it was a good feeling, I killed alot of time at the card tables tonight which was great, plus I made a buck or 2!Anyway another tool in the toolbox is 100% music, I crank that shit up and let the chills go down my back for the first time, I just know things will keep getting better. I sure as hell hope so, because no one deserves to live in 24/7 discomfort. Anyway I feel really lucky right now that I might get my life back and hopefully I can give back somehow. If things continue to get better I will 100% have a better appreciation for life that only a person who has been through what we have been through as slaves to our drug of choice. Writing this down helps and I will continue to give updates so maybe I can help one of you. That would be the shit me helping someone get better or give hope. Man I write alot of I's, super poor writing skills, LOL Love you all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:11 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

What day are you on cbk? Whats it like?