It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

This month, after going to the same Doctor for 2+ years. I Started to receive bills for urinalysis tests, on my old insurance, I am now on medicaid. For the first four or five times bi-monthly I went to the doctor no such test were given, and when I called to ask the always less than friendly staff, ( they have twice (lost urinalysis) tests before insurance pre-auths. Several times responding that they had other jo0s and that did I think I was special "jumping the line?" This is when they could not find my urinalysis results, and expediting a pre-auth is difficult with my former insurance company. Over the last month I have been charged 3 separate times (april 2014, then in later months of 2015) All sent in on the November 6th. The cost of these tests are beyond astronomical. 2800 for a urinalysis test. The doctor who has stated before that "all her patients are her children" would not return my call, I was affronted by the two nurses I talked to, immediately absolving themselves saying that I had signed my rights away by something I signed when I came in allowing them to use any testing group. These three (so far -because I took urinalysis every two months assuming that It was involved with the price as they were auto tests that indicated many many lines of possible drugs) tests had repeated 500 dollar tests on each of them, each test re tested one item ( the most expensive one, the 500 dollar test 3 times. The ultimate answer was that I was responsible because two and a half years ago, I indicated it was alright to use this service, But was also told that they don"t test if I did not have insurance. When I did get insurance they are paying for 25% or less of these charges. When I entered the program and signed the forms , I had been detoxing off drugs for days, up for at least 100= hours, incoherent to say the least. The doctor immediately prescribed Zanax as well and therefore I may not be able to see the doctor under the rules of Illinois medicaid. My question, what is going on, why the huge bills for testing urine, and why three times in a row could they not get the test right and re-tested the most expensive test 3 times. Dr. I would love to solve this without legal means, but am broke and on assistance. Any advice as to where I might be pointed would be a great boon, as I cannot shoulder a 6000 dollar bill right now. I did ask the staff for my medical records, and was honestly nothing but nice on the phone, but I feel that without help I am completely adrift and doubt I will receive them . If you know of any was to help either by saying something I'm not or by taking this to a review board, or making an official complaint to I dont know who???? Anyway, have a wonderful New Years and lots of joy. And yes because of this I am being forced into immediate withdrawal. Any help you could offer is appreciated. I have failed NONE of these tests. Thanks you again Dr, I think its a great thing you do here at this forum.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:25 pm 

I am so sorry!!! That is terrible what your doctor's practice is doing to you! It really smacks of taking advantage!

I moved your post to the proper thread for it. I hope someone comes along who can help!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks Amy, I haven't a clue as to why a doctor (or their office, or company who charges tests) would bill 3 2800 tests (repeating info in original post). These tests covered everything from tear-gland production to toenail growth (kidding, but close) BTW, they mentioned that I signed for a certain provider to take care of my tests, who I've never heard of and there two different companies, outsourced and not on the internet who have charged this. Doctors office also stated that they don't bill patients without insurance. Fraud? Guess I look for a medical advocate or lawyer. A friend of mine who was on Subs was charged 60 bucks each time he went. Monthly. Any help or what folks have done after this would be extremely helpful, good luck everyone. By the way watch what you sign even if you've been awake detoxing for 5 days when you meet your doctor. From what I hear she could have had me off in a few days but kept me on for two yrs at 16mgs of suboxone. 10 minute visits every two months where she talked about her son and refilled my scripts. Writing this 7 days cold turkey. Plus she had me on 6mgs of xanax the entire time, which I hear isn't the smartest if not just a bad decision. Again thanks, sorry about the ranting, wishing all of you the best. I hope no-one else has to go through this.