It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:13 pm 

HTown....500! I was thinking no thank u lol :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
Godfrey- I agree, Pelican is a fountain of useful of information! I go to CVS as well- they say the same thing to me "you know it is going to be $295.00" Yes, yes, I know.

HT,

:lol: I know. It's sooooo annoying. Like I don't feel bad about enough about it already...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have this issue every single month. luckily my doc switched to meds by mail so UPS comes to my house. but for the last year i would get my hard copy and go to CVS. and every time they either didnt have it in stock or had to give me a partial script until they got their truck. it irritated me every single month because i feel you have a databse of each customer and how often they need their meds filled. so if i Have a pharmacy with 100 sub cusomers that get 60 a month. thats a order of 6000 a month. so id order 150-200 a week. maybe more just incase of new customers. so if u know these people are coming monthly to refill. i feel you should have it orded for them before they drop off the script.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
so if i Have a pharmacy with 100 sub cusomers that get 60 a month. thats a order of 6000 a month. so id order 150-200 a week. maybe more just incase of new customers. so if u know these people are coming monthly to refill. i feel you should have it orded for them before they drop off the script.

That makes too much sense :D Why make things easier for skeevy drug addicts when they can
simply order the stuff as needed.

I'm wondering if they worry about theft. If so, I can't say it's entirely ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:51 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

jennjenn wrote:
HTown....500! I was thinking no thank u lol :)

No kidding! No please, please take my extra $150!! I don't need it or want it!!

Godfrey-I've thought about acting shocked...telling them that "that isn't possible, it was only $1.00 last month!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HT,

I think it's all in the delivery. The gal I had the other day was kind and polite and just said very sweetly, "So I assume you're aware that it's going to be $325 out of pocket. I don't want you to be surprised."

I could have hugged her. Most of them are clueless kids with no social intelligence whatsoever. Not that I have anything in particular against clueless kids. I was one of them myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:16 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Well this is what I'm going through this month but I don't have any saved up so I'm definitely in a jam... I am seeking some help from fellow suboxone friends.

(Edited by Rule62) We hope you are not asking for members here to give you some Suboxone. You are only asking about the pharmacy, right? The other is quite illegal and against our rules.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:24 am 

Hi All, Godfrey, I am so sorry that I missed your question! I started at 24mgs in August of 2014. After reading a post here about how less is more, I dropped down to 16 mgs and I think that was in January of 2015. By my one year anniversary I was at 12mgs. I think it was again in January of 2016 I went to 8mgs. I went to 6mgs in May, 2mgs three times per day but really tried to take it only twice per day. And, here I am. I keep telling myself that I am going to take 2mgs in the am and then half of a 2mg strip in the evening, but never do. Part of it is because I work my full time job until 4:30 and then see clients in the evening for individual counseling. So, I am popping in my evening dosage while on the road. Not an excuse, I could prepare for this in the morning! Now, all of a sudden, our insurance is changing! I am possibly going to need prior authorization to fill the script. I gave my dr the letter. She is so wonderful! Acted like it was no trouble at all to have to make the call each month for the authorization! This will start in March. We use Walgreens right in my home town for all our meds. My husband takes a bunch of stuff as he suffers with gout. I take a bp pill, celebrex, thyroid meds, and prescription strength vitamin d. We have also been told that Walgreens is no longer an option! We will be switching to cvs, which is right up the street. I get my sub script filled at a rite aid that is a few towns away and where the doctor is. I did that because my town is small! I was on the first aid, involved in politics and therefore know many people. I did not want anyone to know! Funny thing though, a few months back, I went into the rite aid to fill my sub script and the woman taking my info turned out to be someone I went to high school with! lol Sorry for such a long winded post! Have a great Saturday everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:45 am 

Michelle that's funny! Guess what, the lab inside my clinic, the lady that goes into the bathroom with us while I'm peeing in a cup lol and does all our clinics drug screens, is one of my friends from highschool! We hung out a lot bk then and we were roommates on our senior trip. I took her a bunch of pictures once from our trip lol. So there I was, trying to pee in a cup while she was looking at pics lol.

My town is probably a lot smaller than urs Michelle, so it was probably a lot more odd for u to bump into someone from highschool :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI Michelle,

Of course no need to apologize! You know, I've come to the conclusion it's not that great a question anyway. But I do find it inspiring to read stories like yours. All you taper people are heroes to me. I've begun to realize it's far from easy. I cut down from 32 to about 12 in just a couple weeks and had all sorts of false confidence. But that was nothing given that I was so far into the ceiling effect.

6 weeks or so later I'm all over the map. Some days I take 8 mg, other days I'm back to 12. One big weakness for me is waking in the middle of the night. If I'm restless and have that old jumpy feeling I get up and take more. Some of that is my old addict instincts. For years I woke up like that and always took more DOC in order to get back to sleep. But at the time it really was necessary. In this situation I think that with a little perseverance and patience, I could calm down enough to get back to bed. Not everything I feel is WD symptom! (Though that's always mu first thought :D )

All that said, I know. I'm new. No hurry and all that. My goal right now is to work my way down to 4, so at least if surgery comes up I'll be in a better position than I am now. But I'll take my time.

Enough rambling. You're very kind to get back to me with such a detailed answer! It all helps and I appreciate it most sincerely.

Best,
Godfrey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:20 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

No was not looking for anything illegal unless advice is illegal. I just don't known what to do. They are saying national shortage. Been on almost 2 years with one relapse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:52 pm 

Hi That Girl,

Sorry you're having such a hard time getting your script refilled. Where do you live? Nothing close, like what state or region so others can chime in and add some advice.

Welcome to our forum and I do hope things will work out for you shortly. With my CVS in Las Vegas, they get it overnight except weekends. Knowing that, I keep a healthy back stock just in case of situations like yours.

Let us know how it works out,

r

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am in KY. And once Medicaid stopped paying for my medication I was given this coupon to use athe CVS whichmade the medicine ( for generic tablets) 72 a month. This went all good for a couple months and then this month all the CVS are saying they are out.. this is every single one in a big city. Thru said possibly til February. And to fill anywhere else would cost 300 or so

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:36 am 

Thatgirl I get my medicine filled in Kentucky plus my clinic is in Kentucky, I live in Tennessee but right on the state lines of Kentucky and Virginia and Tennessee. So it's pretty standard for ppl in my area to go out of state. Anyway, in the part of Kentucky I fill my suboxone, no one has any issues. There's been times that they've had me come bk the next day because they were short, but it's always been the next day when their guy makes his delivery. So I don't understand why they're telling u there's some shortage. If there is then they need to look into ordering better or something lol. I don't know where in Kentucky u are but it's not everywhere in ky so keep looking.

Good luck and I hope u receive better help because not being able to fill ur medicine sounds awful!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:38 am 

Oh and I forgot to say that I use the coupon too, twice a month. I get a monthly script but because I pay cash they let me pick up half the time I get the script then the rest the next week or two. I've never tried CVS though. But there's several clinics in the area of my clinic, all in Kentucky, and I've never heard of anyone having issues with any pharmacy around here, not having the medicine. So maybe branch out a little farther distance and see if u have better luck :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:25 am 

Jenn, I specifically went to a pharmacy out of "my" town to avoid exactly what happened! lol Oh well, everything happens for a reason! lol

Godfrey, Yes, slow and steady is what wins the race! Have a great Sunday everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

godfrey wrote:
HT,

I think it's all in the delivery. The gal I had the other day was kind and polite and just said very sweetly, "So I assume you're aware that it's going to be $325 out of pocket. I don't want you to be surprised."

I could have hugged her. Most of them are clueless kids with no social intelligence whatsoever. Not that I have anything in particular against clueless kids. I was one of them myself.

Agreed!! But no one at my CVS is a kid!! They don't say it in a rude way or anything, it's just funny that it happens every time I go in-the same 2 techs, but I guess they see a lot of people so it would be easy to forget that I see them every month. And that is fine with me- I'd rather be forgotten than someone who comes in and they remember(labeled)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:07 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

jennjenn wrote:
Oh and I forgot to say that I use the coupon too, twice a month. I get a monthly script but because I pay cash they let me pick up half the time I get the script then the rest the next week or two. I've never tried CVS though. But there's several clinics in the area of my clinic, all in Kentucky, and I've never heard of anyone having issues with any pharmacy around here, not having the medicine. So maybe branch out a little farther distance and see if u have better luck :)

there is a CVS and a rite aide in the town my clinic is in. they both refuse to fill sub scripts!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:10 pm 

Thankfully I've stayed at the same pharmacy since my induction day yrs ago. We do our induction in the office under the doctors supervision, and when I went to fill the script that I needed to come bk immediately for my induction, that's the pharmacy they told me to go to because it's literally across the street. So I've used that same pharmacy since, they are really cool.

I couldn't imagine having to go from pharmacy to pharmacy trying to just fill ur script. I would be a nervous wreck! If I had CVS or Rite Aid tell me they didn't fill scripts for suboxone, I would have probably fainted lol. I've heard a lot on this forum how ppl can't find a pharmacy to fill their medicine and they search going from one to another with no success. I couldn't imagine how that feels and it just seems so ridiculous to me. Why wouldn't they fill buprenorphine, they sure fill any opiate u can think of. I'm sure there's a reason but doesn't seem fair to me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:59 pm 

You know, I've never been in a situation where I've gotten flack about my addiction or my medication from anyone except online. (Isn't it funny how brave people are online? And I'm not talking about here where we keep people accountable for what they say.)

I proudly tell my fellow grad school students, strangers on an airplane (if the subject comes up), people at a grocery store, wherever. Because, here's the thing, I am not ashamed of being an addict. I may be ashamed of things that I did as an addict, but I don't carry myself with a sense of shame and I don't talk to people with that sense either. And I'll tell you. I NEVER thought I would be an addict. My grandfather was an alcoholic and my cousin had a meth problem, and I never looked down on that, but it was not going to be me! I was and am still a nerd who was mostly focused on academics at school.

Just as an example, and I hate to admit this, because I was friends with everyone at school. I wasn't a popular kid, but I was friendly. My high school had two cafeterias, called The Cork and The Carpet because that was the floor covering in each. Well, the Cork was right next to the area to smoke outside. For the most part, the jocks, cheerleader popular kids and academic kids ate in the Carpet and the less popular, more outside the mainstream kids ate in the Cork. The kids who went to tech school, took shop and the child care home ec set stayed in the cork. The college prep kids in the Carpet. That was as divided as my school got and I always got along with everyone and tried to be friendly.

I went out of state to the college that gave the best financial aid, because my one in state school was too expensive. I graduated in four years like I was supposed to, got my degree in history of all things, got married a couple years later and had our son a year after that. See the theme? I did what I was supposed to like a good girl. I wasn't a rebel experimenting with various substances. I think I smoked weed once in college and once when I was engaged. The most rebellious thing about me was that I had a brief relationship with a married man after college, and I smoked clove cigarettes for a couple of years. That's it.

After I got into recovery I visited a friend I made on the forum for a few days. This person was a heroin addict and had done a lot in their younger years. I noticed that they walked with their head sort of down, and had a completely different affect when interacting with people in charge of things. Mumbling, not meeting eyes, and things like that. That person was not treated in a very respectful manner.

It made me wonder if we are always subconsciously giving the world cues on how they should treat us. Because people did not treat this person very well. I realized that I AM used to people treating me decently. I don't walk around acting like I own everything. In fact, I am overly conscientious about making sure I don't inconvenience or bother others. But I would be kind of shocked if I were met with rudeness or any kind of disdain. Let's just say it would get my dander up (weird goose idiom there). I wouldn't put up with it. I would let management know how I was treated and expect to be apologized to. (At which point I would turn into the most gracious person I know how to be.)

I believe that the people here, especially the people who are regulars or even who are regulars for a time, are pretty amazing. We have been through a lot of heartbreak and have probably caused our share of it too. We have perspective that other people don't have and it makes us good folks. We know how to be generous and are especially willing to help others because we have known loss and despair. Most have been on the receiving end of some attitude and scorn.

This is what I want to say to you and what I want you to know. You are all exceptional people. Carry yourselves with pride because you are completely worthy. You are in recovery, so you have turned your back on an obsession that "normal" people can not fathom. This not only means that you kick ass, although YOU KICK ASS! But it means that you have the ability to climb mountains! You have the capacity for compassion like no one else. You have learned lessons that provide you both with strength and with humility. Don't ever look down on yourself or forget how far you've come. You bow to no one!

OK? I just want you to really know that.

Amy

P.S. Sister M, I'm sorry I turned the subject around on your thread. I am glad you've started hanging around though and you are included in what I've said about the people here being awesome. :)