It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is another in a long series of tedious posts concerning my upcoming trip to the Florida Keys.
So I use a local CVS here in Massachusetts for my bupe prescriptions. They seem to fill it
quite cheerfully. I've a feeling they're moving a lot of bupe :D based on the casual reaction
I got.

Now say I'm able to convince my clinic doc to write me one refill for the time I'm away.
Would a Florida CVS be able to fill it? I've had Mass. scripts filled before in Florida CVS, but of
course now we're talking about a controlled substance. The rules...or laws...might well
be different. On the plus side, since it's the same chain they can easily look me up on their
system and determine I'm a legit customer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:39 am 

Godfrey, You really should not have a problem at all. However, to be safe, I would call the CVS that you will be using in Florida and ask to speak with the Pharmacist. Just to make sure that they are able to stock the dosage that you are taking. For me, with Rite Aid they usually need to order my script and they text me the next day that it is ready for pick up. Good luck and enjoy Florida!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

godfrey wrote:
This is another in a long series of tedious posts concerning my upcoming trip to the Florida Keys.
So I use a local CVS here in Massachusetts for my bupe prescriptions. They seem to fill it
quite cheerfully. I've a feeling they're moving a lot of bupe :D based on the casual reaction
I got.

Now say I'm able to convince my clinic doc to write me one refill for the time I'm away.
Would a Florida CVS be able to fill it? I've had Mass. scripts filled before in Florida CVS, but of
course now we're talking about a controlled substance. The rules...or laws...might well
be different. On the plus side, since it's the same chain they can easily look me up on their
system and determine I'm a legit customer.

Even still, godfrey, you could use your regular CVS in your hometown..just like normal. Then, before you leave town, tell them "I'll be out of town when I am due this refill, so I'll need to transfer it out of state."

Most controlled substances can be transferred ONCE. I've often traveled between AL and LA. Last year, before leaving, I had 1 more refill on my sub that would become due while I was out of town...(but I only missed it in Alabama by 3 days). Instead of having me transfer to Louisiana and try to find a Slidell pharmacy, I was allowed an early refill by the pharmacist (who knows me personally).

But, you can legally transfer once. If CVS has the refill in their system anyway...then you won't need to do anything except walk into CVS somewhere and show ID.
Just to be safe, ask the pharmacist next time you're in to get your sub filled and make sure. Once they file the refill in the computer, it shows up to CVS systems nationwide. But they only refuse if you've already transferred that same prescription once already...

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks so much Jonathan and Michelle. That's all good news.
Jonathan, I'll def. follow your advice and get everything into the system before we travel. This was one of the objections my clinic doc had to writing for a refill, doubts I could get it filled. Now I can tell him it shouldn't be a problem.

Many sincere thanks again!!

Godfrey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm with Jonathon on this one Godfrey. I believe that you should be able to make arrangements ahead of time with the CVS there in Massachusetts to inform the CVS in Fla. CVS is nation wide. That's one of the perks to using a large chain such as CVS. I am smiling so big right now! I am so happy you induced! I've not found your actual induction thread yet, but I'm looking. I'm sure it will all work out for you during your vacation. Bon Voyage!!!