It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oops, I meant I got down to 15ml.. I realized I wrote mg out of habit but I was on the liquid too.

5ml drops sounds good. My clinic had blind dose drops which was extremely helpful. If you wanted to taper, but didn't want to know about it, you'd tell them to blindly do it. It took a lot of the obsession out of it, because you never really knew which day they were going to do it. Obviously they'd space it out for you to get adjusted.

Sorry to hear about the relapse. One major thing I noticed when I was on methadone vs. suboxone, is that my cravings never fully went away on meth. Plus, I would feel my dose running out by the night time, no matter how much I took. Maybe it was mental, but I remember having that problem.

Good luck to you!

ETA: I can't remember how my clinic referred to it.. ML vs. MG. That was so long ago, it must have been mg now that I think about it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Stephen,

I'm want to say I'm sorry to hear that you had to go back to the methadone, but I don't want you to think it's because I don't think you should be on it. I'm simply sorry that you desire to switch to the suboxone and have had so much trouble with it!

You should do whatever works for you. If right now, that is methadone, then I'm perfectly supportive of that choice! Please don't feel that you can't come here and vent or discuss issues related to the methadone. You are more than welcome to stick around and post as often as you like. Most of us may not be as helpful with methadone issues, but we definitely have a few, Tiny and Karen for example, who can relate to your struggle.

I hope you get to feeling stable again very soon. Going through a move and job issues while you are WDing is NOT FUN!

Allow yourself a little time to recouperate and relax...you have just put your body through a major ordeal, and it may take some time to recover!

Hope to hear from you again soon!

Q