It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I used suboxone to kick an addiction to H. My H and oxy addiction was just recreational use until I got money and a good connect, then for a couple of months it became an everyday thing. I kicked it using suboxone for money reasons, and was on 1-2 mg's once or twice a day for a couple of months. I tapered off the subs and besides feeling tired and lethargic, I really don't have too bad of withdrawals. However I am craving on some nights when my depression issues kick in. I am not trying to rid myself of the substance all together, but I'd like to go back to my recreational weekend use it was once at (and it is all I would be able to do at this point, as I am low on cash.)

My question is this: While I know it is a bad idea,

If I am a week into kicking suboxone, and I snort a line of H, will it reset my withdrawal period?

For example: Lets say the suboxone withdrawal lasts exactly 30 days. If I get through ten, and take no suboxone, but do a line of H, will this reset withdrawals back to day 1?

To clarify, I know this will not help my craving stop, but as far as the actual physical withdrawal symptoms go, will these be reset?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is a site for people in recovery. We don't condone recreational use. However, I will answer your main question. The receptors in your brain need to heal so you can start making your own endorphins again. If you use H while your receptors are recovering, it will set you back. You are just feeding your receptors with more artificial endorphins, stopping your brain from making it's own, while also creating a need for more. This is not good. Neither is the idea that you can ever go back to using on the weekends. You will eventually learn this on your own, but I suggest you either go back to suboxone asap, or get into some meetings so you can learn about addiction.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was on Suboxone and got completely clean, I stayed that way for just over 6 months (I had a pretty heavy pill addiction). I decided one day that I could go back to "recreational" use. Let me just say that was one of my biggest mistakes ever. With in two weeks my habit and almost doubled from. For one thing your tolerance is high so you chase the high and the more you chase it the more you take and so on. Maybe your stronger than I am but if I could go back and make a better decision to stay clean I would. Getting clean the second time around has been a much larger challenge than the first. Good luck to you what ever you decide.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:25 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for the replies guys. That pretty much answers my question