It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Ordering clonidine?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Had anyone ever successfully ordered clonidine from an online distributor? (Without prescription)

Post subject: Re: Ordering clonidine?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:30 pm 

Not that I know of. It is by prescription only so you need to go see a doctor. There are only two reasons to want or need this medication. 1) You have high blood pressure and this med works best. 2) You want it for detoxing off opiates or Buprenorphine. Either one will get you a script by a physician. Just be honest and go ask for some.

FYI, this post is borderline illegal. Trying to solicit any medication that requires a prescription is wrong. I know you didn't mean any harm in it. You only wanted to know if it's available w/o a prescription. That's a fair question so the post will not be removed.

Just covering our butt.

R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi, R. I apologize for the post. I didn't realize it was inappropriate. I wrongly presumed that if it wasn't a controlled substance, then you could probably legally get it online.

In the past 4 days, I've spent $60 on co-pays for 2 separate doctor visits. Both doctors told me they had never heard of prescribing an anti-hypertensive for opioid withdrawal. Interestingly enough, I live in southern West Virginia where opiate/opioid abuse is rampant; we even lead the country in overdose deaths. However, it was completely foreign to them. I was prepared with 2 academic articles to explain myself. Bad idea! It offended them.
So once again, I'm sorry.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:06 am 

No need for an apology, you didn't break any rules in your post. I just said it was borderline, but understood your question.

They never heard of using Clonidine for opiate w/d's? They must have their head in the sand! It is a very common request, at least on the Western side of the U.S.

Rule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Indeed. They said the only thing they prescribe is Zofran for nausea and recommend loperamide for the runs plus Benadryl for sleep. Oh and they also like to say that anything less than 2 mg of Suboxone is useless, and that you may as well put a tic-tac under your tongue. Ha! Unbelievable, I know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow, they don't sound very knowledgable. For one I've heard from a bunch of people on this forum say that Benadryl is horrible for RLS (the most commonly hated symptom).. Imodium works I guess but you also have to be careful with it. I've also heard that it makes you feel even heavier when you already have the led suit feeling in withdrawal. I'd try to look around to get that clonidine, it should really help although you should consult with a doctor first and not take the advice of an addict on the forum. Also, 2mgs of suboxone is still pretty high. If they stick to that tic tac theory ask them to take 2mgs next time they wanna freshen their breath. I'm sure they'll change their time. Good luck to you!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

LOL quiet addict! I was thinking the same thing about the tic tac theory! Hahaha i wanted to share the story of the time an opiate-naive friend of mine took ONE mg of sub. She couldn't keep her eyes open or her head out of the toilet. So, yes, I'd like to see them take even 1 mg and say it's "useless". I sometimes wonder if the manufacturers really know how strong it is. Because otherwise, who's telling these doctors that 2 mg is hardly anything?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:44 pm 

I think the answer is that the pharmaceutical company represents their drug in the most marketable way possible. I don't think they care how their description of their drug messes with addicts as long as they can get lots of doctors prescribing it.

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If it's any consolation, clonodine did nothing for me. It made me debilitatingly exhausted and that's not what I needed. Those OTC sleep aid gels worked well enough. Sleep actually wasn't a huge disturbance for me anyway when I jumped. But ya, your doctors sound wholly ignorant. Sorry about that :roll:

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Uwillbloved- what dose did you jump from?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

GiveMeHope-
It really sounds like the doctor that you are seeing may not have much experience with suboxone withdrawal. 2mg is NOTHING like a tic-tac or a placebo, and saying that is borderline criminal. I would wonder if you could locate another suboxone doctor. For me the worst part of withdrawal were the restless legs, and I know for me that taking Benadryl made it worse. Withdrawal from suboxone is rarely considered a life threatening condition, but the increased heart rate can be serious. And any doctor worth their salt should not be threatened by information that you present, especially when you are trying to obtain a non-controlled medication in order to assist you in withdrawal. Dang the more I write the more angry I am getting at this doctor... :x