It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Not sure if I posted this in the right place but I took my last .5 of Sub last Sunday. I was on them for 20 days, got them from a friend, (bad I know).I've been addicted to blues/oxys for about 5 years now. So after I had the last bit of sub I was doing alright (sort of) till today. Now I am totally jonesing and about to lose it. I feel awful and frantic. Like crap and panicky. Legs aching, restless, chills the runs all that crap too. but it is this "craving" feeling that is killing me. It's WAY more than a craving, I can't even describe it. It feels physical as well as mental. I've quit smoking cigs before and it sucked but it was NOTHING like this! I feel like shit in every way and keep thinking how an Oxy would totally fix it.

I also found out today I am starting a new job on Monday. I can't go to a new job like this!! I can't do anything like this! I am this close to getting some oxy as I cannot get any more subs till the 10th. If anyone is reading this please, please help talk me out of calling my connection. I really don't want to.

Thanks, Layla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Layla,

I was surfing the site and saw your post, others I know will chime in but I wanted to try to at the very least show you that you are not alone. I know your immediate need is to not feel like crap but if there is any way you could get more suboxone that would be your best bet. Try to get more sub, and then I would suggest trying to get on sub maintenance the legal way. The path of taking more oxy is a very dangerous one, please consider getting to a sub doctor and staying on a maintenance dose of suboxone. Its really helped many addicts on this site, it can keep you stable and feeling good while you put a long term plan in place for yourself. Hang in there, people truly understand and care about your well-being. Please seek help by getting on sub maintenance. Keep posting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As I see it, you have about 3 options.. only you can decide which way to go.

Option 1) Stick it out and weather the storm. Know that the physical symptoms will eventually subside but that the mental cravings could last a lifetime. Once an opiate addict, the first instinct to deal with a hard time is sweet sweet opiate relief. That will probably never fade.

Option 2) Start calling doctors and get onto suboxone maintenance the right way. This will allow you some time to get your stuff together and build a foundation for if/ when you eventually want to do it on your own.

Option 3) Score some blues and wind up back where you started.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tiny Dancer didn't see your post. Thank you for replying. I honestly feel like crap but F*** #3. I don't want to do it. I know how that ends.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am going to hang in my best till the 10th, when I can get 30 or so subs from my friend. After I've been at my new job a couple weeks will take some time off to see a sub doc. I wasn't expecting to start this job for another 2 weeks so it kind of threw me off and I panicked. I feel so fking stupid for getting myself into this. It blows.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hello Layla,

hang in there, and don't beat yourself up! most of us have been exactly where you are right now ,and it does blow, but don't feel stupid for what is happening to you. you are sick because you don't have the opiates that have kept you from going through withdrawal, and that doesn't make you stupid at all, it makes you human. No one means to be an addict. it's a brain disorder, that luckily can be treated to remission with medication. I know how uncomfortable you are right now, and I feel for you. I was right where you are right before getting on sub, the days I had to wait for my appointment seemed like they would take forever, but the day arrived before I knew it, and I've not looked back since. hanging in there for a few more days will be so worth it. getting the subs on the tenth, although not the optimal way to get them, (but sure beats getting some oxy) and then securing a legal channel to obtain them is your best bet, imo. getting treatment with Suboxone can truly give you back your life and give you time to work on your recovery, and get back to living a life without worrying about pill counting, scoring, running out, getting sick and possibly getting into legal trouble or worse. keep posting as much as you need to for support. we will be here to support and encourage you every step of the way. inthe mean time while waiting until the tenth, Try to get outside and walk some even when you dont feel like it... getting at least some exercise really does help, so do hot baths, Try taking Aleve for your aches, Imodium for stomach issues, and an otc sleep aid will also help get you thru the next few days. Try to keep yourself hydrated, and eat a little if you can. try to keep your mind as distracted as possible... read, watch t.v., call someone, anything to pass the time and take your mind off how you're feeling until you get some Suboxone. If you're not sure where to find a doctor, there are a few websites that you can go to to locate one in your area. http://www.Suboxone.com will ask for your zipcode and distance willing to travel and give you a list of names and phone numbers of providers in your area. also http://www.naabt.org can help you locate a doctor who is taking patients, they will ask you to input your zipcode, travel distance, and will allow you to leave a short description of what you're looking for in a doctor, and this info is e-mailed to doctors in your area, and a Dr/ drs who are taking new patients will e-mail you within a few days usually to make an appointment. this is the website I used to find my current doctor, and I found an exceptional doctor using this service. There are other websites that will help you locate a physician also http://www.buprenorphinedoctorsdirectory.com, and http://www.suboxdocs.com, & http://www.suboxonedoctors.com can also help you locate a doctor. I wish you the very best, and good luck finding a doctor as soon as possible. keep your head up and do your very best to resist the temptation to score some oxy, it's not worth it! just take the number out of your phone if it's in there..... you can do this, just a few more days now, you've got this! I have faith in you even if you don't right now!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the encouragement and information Lizzies. :o) I have 3 doctors from the list you linked who emailed me so I have them in mind. Just wish I could start my new job on the 10th instead of this Monday. Bleh... I just need to chill out and not focus on my symptoms so much. I have pretty bad anxiety so it can make things seem a lot worse than they are sometimes. I'm gonna hang in there though!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Kayla. I dont know a whole lot about this so hopefully another member will chime in to help me out. I remember reading about a "3 day rule". It is a legal way of obtaining a three day supply of suboxone from a doctor. If I remember correctly, you can print out paperwork about this rule and take it to the emergency room and ask for an emergency 3 day supply of suboxone while you work on finding a qualified suboxone doctor. I believe that any doctor can issue the 3 day RX. Given the long half life of the medication, you would probably have more than 72 hours before the withdrawal symptoms would show up again. I would love to see you be able to feel well when you show up for your new job on Monday. It looks like you're looking for a permanent sub doctor which would be your best option. I don't know if this information will help you at all, but I don't want you to suffer unnecessarily if at all possible. I've been there many of times and I know the misery you are in. If no one else adds on to this and you are interested in trying to obtain the three day script do a Google search for "Suboxone 3 day Rule". Hang in there. I know how hard it is but you have so much support from everyone on this forum. The members here have helped me in ways I never thought possible. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing. Best of luck on your search for a doctor thst can see you through your recovery.
Crys

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

crysralrain is right, any doctor can provide to you an emergency supply of three days worth of buprenorphine while treatment is being sought with a doctor who has the DEA waiver to rx bupe. while any doctor does have permission to do this for opiate withdrawal, that doesn't necessarily mean that they Will do it, unfortunately, since the actual guidelines and rules concerning the three day rule are pretty strict, and many doctors doubt even know about this rule at all. I sincerely hope for your sake that if you see a doctor, you find one who has compassion and understanding about the disease of addiction and its treatment with medication, and will provide you the emergency supply of Suboxone that you need. If you do happen to find a doctor willing to provide for you the 3 day supply, he/ she may even be able to help you get an appointment with a provider even sooner than you thought.

I did some research on the three day rule for you, and this is what I found at. http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drugreg/faq.htm. under Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations, part 1306.07(b) about halfway down the page it says the following about the three day rule:

" Allows a practitioner who is not separately registered as a narcotic treatment program to administer,( but not prescribe) narcotic drugs to a patient for the purpose of relieving acute withdrawal symptoms while arranging for the patient's referral for treatment, under the following conditions;

not more than one day's medication may be administered out given to a patient at one time
this treatment may not be carried out for more than 72 hours, and this 72 hour period may not be extended or renewed."

So from what I read, the doctor if so inclined, can administer to you each day ,(but not prescribe to you) for 72 hours/ three days, meaning you'd need to see this Dr daily for three days to get the dose. they unfortunately make this three day rule pretty difficult and inconvenient for both doctor and patient, but if you feel you can't wait, it's worth a try.

whether or not you decide to see a doctor right now or wait until you get an appointment with a sub doctor, look how far you've already come,.. one more day down from yesterday, Your doing it Layla! just a few more days now, keep resisting that temptation to call your connection, You're almost there now Layla! You can do it! Keep posting and letting us know how you're doing. I'll keep you in my thoughts Layla :-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you Lizzieshug. I had a feeling I didn't adequately explain. It is so sad that it is made so difficult for one to get emergency help while finding longer term treatment. If it wasn't so hard, more people would be seeking treatment instead of having to resort back to their DOC. Thanks again for explaining this process. Layla, Lizzieshug is right on. Please do everything you can to resist contacting your connection. I know its no fun at all, but you have already come so far. You've got this!!! You're doing great. You're in my thoughts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hello Layla, just wanted to see how you're feeling today? Still hanging in there? I know you're feeling just awful, but when you're up to it, come give us an update, I'm following your thread closely and pulling for you! I agree with Crystal, It is made incredibly difficult for a patient in crisis to get immediate help. However if you do choose to go to the hospital ER, if you just can't handle your symptoms anymore, they have to treat you, likely they would give you some comfort meds, possibly clonidine to lower your bp, also helps with the anxiety I'm told, and iv fluids if you're dehydrated, and maybe some benadryl. how you are treated really depends on where you go and who is treating you, unfortunately some health care workersopenly show their disdain for addicts and that is shameful. However, if you need to go, even for that small relief, it's still better than calling that connection! you've come a long way, so don't turn back now and have to go through the wd all over again.... look how far you've come already, you've got several more hours under your belt now and just a few more till you've got one more day behind you. this is the home stretch now, and I believe in you..... LAYLA IS GOING TO MAKE IT! Let us know how you're doing as soon as you can. Sometimes talking to people who understand what you are going through really helps :-)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay, so glad #3 is off the table! How are you today? I hope the weekend is treating you better and symptoms have subsided a bit? Pamper yourself if you can. Hot baths, get a mani/ pedi.. Do whatever you have to to make it through. Let us know how you're doing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

okay, Layla, you've got another day behind you....great job!. you're doing it girl! update us soon and let us know how you're doing. I hope your feeling a bit better at least. tiny is right, do something for you, you deserve some pampering right now, going through what you're going through! it's hard, I know!
but it will be worth it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good morning Layla,

I hope this post finds you feeling better this morning.... at least well enough to begin your new job today. :-) You have another day behind you hopefully and only a couple more to go. you've come a long way already. I hope you've been able to hold out for the Suboxone, but even if you haven't, I still hope you'll update us as to how you're doing. you'll find no judgement here, even if you haven't. I'm hoping the reason you haven't replied in a few days is because you've been too busy getting better. Either way, when you get time, drop by and let us know how you're doing. We're here to cheer you on, or help dust you off to try again, if need be :) hope to hear from you soon dear.
my best wishes for your recovery

Lizzie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Layla, idk, if you're still reading or even around the forum anymore but if you are, I'd love to read an update on how you're doing. good or not, no judgement, just thinking about ya. Hope this post finds you and finds you doing better.

Lizzie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Layla, I'd love to also know how you're doing? Sometimes it's just that short time (few hours?) that you feel so totally overwhelmed! Especially with the new job starting tomorrow, it's definetly a lot of stress! I really hope you were able to push through! Even if you slipped up, don't beat yourself up, just get right back on it! And yes like some others have suggested, GET that dealers number out of your phone! I actually told my connection that HE may never give me anything ever again! Who knows if he'd listen or care but it felt good for me to cut those connections!! Try your best not to feel like you have too much on your plate to handle it all. This new job probably came along for just the RIGHT reason! You can handle the job and scheduling an appt to start seeing a suboxone doctor, you can really do it! Plus having the job will keep you way too busy to even think about those stupid oxys! You'll have way better things to think about!! Good luck with your first day of work tomorrow! You'll do great! :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oops just realized I was a week behind! Well hope the job started out good!! Would love to see how you're doing so far! :)