It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: OOPS ! I did it again..
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry for the HORRIBLE subject line. As a couple people on here know, I have an appointment with my new doc tomorrow and I was going to ask for Percocet to hold me over until I start Suboxone treatment next month.
A friend of mine called ME and told me that she got some Vicodin for her back, but they made her sick and if I wanted them. So, even KNOWING I was going to be during a urine test, I accepted. And immediately took seven 5mg (which is absolutely nothing to me) I have more, and know that I'll take them. I was planning on going in tomorrow with nothing in my system
For those of you who haven't read my other posts, I've taken prescribed percocets for 7 yrs.
So, I screwed up again. It might even jeopardize getting another refill. I won't say I'm weak again, because hatmaker will yell at me. lol !
Wish me luck tomorrow. I have to do a complete physical, and I'm pretty uncomfortable about it. It will be my first female doctor ever, which I'm not happy about. I mean, I've had ENOUGH women giggle when I drop my pants.. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, don't beat yourself up TOO bad. And you've obviously got your sense of humor still! (I really think that's important.)
Check this out - Six years ago I was in the market for a new therapist. I was referred to a man...A MAN! I wanted a woman because I was SURE that I would be more comfortable talking about my issues. I decided to at least meet him though. Turned out he was the absolute BEST therapist for me. Six years later I'm still seeing him and I can't believe how much I trust him and can share anything with him.

Hang in there...Good luck with the new doctor.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When I was in therapy I had a female. I'm more comfortable talking with a women. And since I'm emotionally, I feel comfortable crying in front of a woman.
I feel like I'm friends with a few of you already, so it's sort of weird not using my name and not saying, "Hey !! Let's be friends on Facebook !!" But, I'm sure there's a reason to keep our hidden identity. I've never joined a forum before. Anyways, thanks for your help.
I get anxious before ANY doctors appointment. My father is bringing me tomorrow. My mom just called and said she's going, too. Then made a not so convincing excuse about needing to stop at a store. She doesn't leave the house much, and the doc is about an hour away. So, I can't think of ANY other reason other than she wants to tell SOMEONE not to give me any painkillers if I ask.