It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:33 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

What do I expect?

This is my recent and personal experience on Suboxone and withdrawals from pain pills. This just happened this week and I'm on day 4.

On Wednesday, November 28th, 2012 I went to the doctor to get inducted for the suboxone treatment. My usage of opiates was only pain pills, hydrocodone, vicoden, lortabs, lorcets, etc. I used about 75-150 mgs a day for about 2 months straight. (on and off the pills for about 2 years)

One week before my induction I tapered my pain pill use down to 30-45 mgs a day. This Tuesday (the day before my induction) I used 47.5 mgs at 3pm. My appointment was the next morning at 9:15 am. I was administered my first suboxone film at 10am but only half of a film. (8mg/2mg) My doctor and I waited about an hour and noticed I felt fine. Not peachy, just ok. So at 11am I took the 2nd half of the film and we waited another 30 minutes. I felt energized. My withdrawal symptoms were all gone. No sleepiness, no sweating, no teary eyes, no runny nose, no pain, no discomfort, no headaches nothing. I had an unbelievable amount of energy! So I was sent home with my prescription of 60 films. She instructed me to take one full film in the morning when I wake up and one in the evening around 3 or 4.

When I got home I felt very sleepy. A heavy force on my eye lids and I could not keep them open. I also started to feel very quezzy. I couldn't stand smells or thoughts of food which felt very similar to morning sickness during pregnancy. I didn't eat that evening because I was too sick. The nausea and vomiting would not let me function.

Thursday morning I woke up and took half a film and decided to call my doctor and tell her about my terrible sickness. She insisted that I was not taking enough suboxone and that I needed to take the full film in the morning no less. So immediately after I hung up with her I took the other half of the film. I got so sick I had to leave work. I came home and vomited all afternoon and didn't eat anything all day or night.

Friday morning I was skeptical. I thought maybe I wasn't taking enough suboxone? Or maybe I was taking too much?? So I followed doctors orders and took a full film. Once again I was sick all day. I couldn't eat or keep a small drink of water down. I forced myself to sleep it out but it was very difficult because the suboxone made me super sensitive to everything. Sight, light, sounds, touching, feeling, everything was super heightened. I couldn't stand the feeling of being overly sensitive along with extreme severe nausea and vomiting.

Saturday morning I woke up and was fed up with everything. I had been 4 days without pain pills and decided to not take suboxone because the discomfort and vomiting was too much for me to handle. I decided I'd rather go through the withdrawals of pain pills rather than vomiting and not eating or holding anything down. I hadn't eaten since Tuesday and my stomach and body was mad at me.

TODAY Saturday, December 1, 2012 NO SUBOXONE NO NOTHING. I ate a huge meal Saturday morning and felt great afterwards. I didn't feel withdrawals from pain pills or suboxone. I'm still here feeling good after eating well today and not taking ANYTHING. Not even OTC pain relief. I feel fine.

So my question is:
1. Was I going through precipitated withdrawals?
or 2. Was the dosage of suboxone too high for my addiction?
or 3. Did I even need suboxone to get through my withdrawals?
or 4. Was I having a reaction to suboxone? Did I encounter hypersensitivity to bupe?
and 5. Will I still face sub withdrawal even though I only took it for 3 days at half a film at a time?

I'm positive I can get through my pain pill addiction now because I have strong self control and I do not want to go through that discomfort of withdrawals and sub treatment ever again. The only problems I'm having now is restless leg syndrome, tiredness and insomnia. I'd rather go through these things any day than the withdrawals from pain pills. I'd like someone to give me some insight on my experience. I do not need the suboxone any more nor do I need the pain pills. So what do I do with the box of 30 films I have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

IMO, your doctor had you on WAY too high of a dose. 16mg of Suboxone for a 30 - 45mg a day habit of Hydrocodone is like shooting a mosquito with a 12 guage shot gun!!

All of the side effects you've listed are quite common for someone who has taken too much Suboxone. A lot of doctors don't realize just how powerful Suboxone is.

Anyways, don't throw those last films out just yet, you may find you need to take a sliver of a film here and there over the next few days. Suboxone has a mean half life of 37.5 hours. You more than likely still have Suboxone in your system right now and that's why you're feeling good.

BUT, you may also be completley over your pain pill wd. In my experience, the worst wd from pain pills was over in 3 or 4 days. So, you may actually be out of the woods.....it's just very hard to say.

Also, I would hold onto the Suboxone for future needs. You may find that a month or two down the road, you start to get some cravings. You could always take a little bit of Suboxone to stave off the cravings and then move on, know what I mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:06 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Romeo,

That's exactly what I thought because I've read several forums and there are others out there that have higher dosage addictions and I was shocked that I was administered the same amount of subs. I'm going to take your advice and save some films by I feel confident that I won't need them. 30 films is more than a life time supply for me. I just wondered how long do the withdrawals normally last for someone like myself with the same pain pill addiction? This is my first time going through withdrawals and hopefully it'll be my last. I would like to hear other people's similar experiences with the pills and subs. Thanks for replying. I'll keep you updated!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo, is right ON,,,,

and I wanted to ADD,,,, suboxone has a VERY long half life, so with what you've already taken,
on day 4 or even 6, you may still have the suboxone IN your bloodstream staving off
ANY prolonged withdrawl symptoms you may have went thru, without it........
JUST SAYING :wink:

AND that is GREAT, if you think you can do it, without the suboxone,and push thru, no pain pills anymore..... GREAT news for you.......

If not,, please keep an open mind to suboxne, and YOU may only need 2mg !!! to feel "normal" or whatever you want to say,,,,,,,,, since you were able to taper your habit at the end, GOOD JOB on that, by the way!!!

HOW are you feeling TODAY???????

I agree with romeo, totally that you were on about 4 times as much as you needed to be, but Im no doctor, LOL
just 20 months on suboxone,,,,,,,,,LOL

of course I had a terribly high habit and 32mg didn't take away ALL withdrawl symptoms for me,,,

so Im seriously glad, you didn't deal with THAT issue...... but it does SUCK That your doctor told you take MORE and
more!!! you probalby didn't need to take ANYTHING that second day!! and you would've been fine.....

Just in case anyone else is reading,that is /has experienced a similar issue, , , if your "sick" like this person was,
its a GOOD SIGN of too high a dose,
and the best thing to do is WAIT until withdrawl symptoms return, and take a SMALL dose, like a QUARTER strip or 2mg,
small,,,, then wait at least an hour and see how you feel........
remember,
you can ALWAYS take more,
but it's pretty hard to get rid of, what you've already let dissolve...................

I do hope you are feeling better,,,,,
I do hope you can KICK your opiate dependance/addiction's ASS right out!!!!

[marq=right]~~~~~~~GOOD LUCK~~~~~~~[/marq]

If you have ANY more questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to ask :wink:
We've got a REALLY good group of people here, ready to help

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your doctor is an asshole and I'm really sorry you had to go through all of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Today is day 5 and I'm still feeling strong. I don't have withdrawals and my restless leg syndrome is going away. I had some cravings today and I felt vunerable so I took a sliver sized piece from the film (the size of a rice grain) and it helped with cravings and I didn't get sick. So I'm very relieved.

I appreciate all of your feed back and concerns. I can't wait to go to the doctor and tell her about my success without taking 16 mgs a day. I hope this topic will help others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thats great to hear :lol: :lol: :lol:

GOOD JOB STAYING STRONG

you'll make it, I know it........

Definitely keep us in the "loop"

Looking forward to hearing more from you :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/