It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: my only outlet
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I'm new to this forum and I have been reading posts for a few days. I must say informative and helpful once you realize you are not alone. My story is a increasing usage of pain medicine not for pain but for the feeling of speed and euphoria. 2007 I started with one or two oxycodones here and there until a few days ago with 10 10mg pills a day. Some times more with morphine and or 30mg oxys which I would split and crush. I have the desire to quit. I have a baby on the way and my wife has no clue to my addiction. I just came clean to two of my best friends

Post subject: Re: my only outlet
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

One got me 8mg suboxone strips which I have been using half a day for three days and feel great off of pills. I know I have a dar trip to make just wanted to get advice and support as I go through this. I wamt to be clean for my future baby and my wife.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Diggaman,

I'm glad you have decided to get help for your addiction. Knowing that you need help, and wanting that help is the first and most important step! Yes, the suboxone is a great tool to use in your recovery, and I would encourage you to get into a doctor ASAP. It's possible to take suboxone and not really be in recovery if you aren't using it the right way. Getting in with a doctor who can help guide you through this process and keep you in line is the best way to go.

Welcome to the forum! If you have any concerns or questions feel free to ask away...there's lots of people here who have been around the block a time or two and can usually answer anything you are wondering about.

Congrats on the new baby. It's a great time to get help for yourself, I can't think of a better motivation for wanting to improve your life than a sweet little baby. Stay strong, and start that hunt for the perfect doctor as soon as possible!

Q

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for welcoming me. It's nice to be able to speak freely without judgement. Also for the advice of people who understand. I know I should see a doctor. I am a registered nurse and know a decent amount in the medical field. I am no expert in drug addiction only in the usage dept. I monitor my vitals making sure my bp is good. I'm afraid somehow my job would find out and I lose my ability to care for myfamily. I also haven't told my wife. Kind of terrified of the reaction. Good news I'm four days out and have no urge to use. Well maybe a urge but not enough to break me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, I do feel that after a few more days without the Suboxone in your system, withdraws will kick in. Right now you are not feeling so bad because you still have Suboxone in there.

My advice would be to go see a doctor and just unfortunately pay out right so your insurance will not be billed. Or go get more from your friend. I know that it is best to get them the right way, but i would say, in a bind, get a hold of the some until you can make an appointment with a doctor. You don't want to run out and have no other choice but to get oxys.

Your job should not find out even if you do use your insurance. I understand your worry though, because I felt the same way. however, I have been getting Suboxone for almost a year and no one knows at my job. and i have been using my insurance all this time.

I wish you the best of luck with what you decide.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Everyone's different right? I know most answers are general because people are specific to their own situations. My questions I guess should be for my doctor, until I see him or her I ask my peers. I don't know how severe my case of addiction is. Mentally an addicts "wireing" are very similar. We want the high we want the extra good feeling from whatever we take. We take it to avoid real emotions and situations. If I was to make a list of drugs from most severe to a lesser degree of severity would heroin be on top while oxycodone falls below it? Would my withdrawal be less severe because its "only" pills. I know I have seen people with more severe addiction and I am not trying to minimize mine but maybe I don't need suboxone for long. I will need mental support for a lot longer that's for sure. I hear sub users talk about months and years on it. Does anyone use it for less? I know I'm rushing but I don't want to depend on any more drugs. Does using sub indicate we are weaker minded and can't handle a week or so of w/d? Not to simplify things but are we trading one for another

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:28 pm 

Welcome to our forum diggaman! All your questions are good ones BTW. Let me try to answer a couple of them.

Yes, some doctors want their patients off the medication as soon as six months but that way of thinking is changing. That was how my Dr. thought until I sent him here for more information. Now he leaves it up to me. He always asks how I'm doing on the dose and I say fine. Someday soon I will once again start to taper down. But until then, I'm good.

No, your work will not find out about you taking Suboxone unless you tell them. Getting your Sub from any source other than a certified Suboxone doctor is risky. What would happen if you got arrested? Then your work might find out. By going the legal way, HIPPA laws are in effect to protect your medical history so don't worry about that.

Are you just trading one drug for another? It's not as simple as that. Left to our own devices, some may die, be arrested for DUI and or may kill someone behind the wheel, ruin your relationships, job, friends, the list goes on and on. I don't have any idea what would have happened to me if Suboxone wasn't available. Most likely I would have enrolled in a rehab for 30-90 days and come out with no guarantee that I'd stay clean and sober. Plus my work would find out unless I made up some great big lie to cover being off work so long. But when it comes right down to it. It is called ORT. Opiate Replacement Therapy. So yes, we are switching one for another.

You're a nurse, do some research on Suboxone. Right here at this site we have a wealth of information for you to read. Just find the time.

Will you be able to get off it in a short time? That is between you and your doctor. An addict needs to take a good hard look at themselves to see if stopping Suboxone too early might cause a relapse. Your health and your life is at stake here so don't take it lightly.

I won't bombard you with anymore for now. Other members will have their say. Do what is best for you.

Welcome once more,

rule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I thank everyone who replys and posts in this forum. There is no better information or advice than from people who went through or are going through the same situation. You bring different views that maybe I don't see right away. Your right what if I get arrested or caught with an illegal substance that I don't have a script for. I'm depending heavily on all of you to help get through this. I know that's a lot to ask but when you need help I will be here as well. As many people as I have around most of the time lonely is the way I feel. When I think about pills and sorts I come on here to get my inspiration and my crutches to keep it moving foward. You are correct I should use sub for whatever length is needed because everyday off painkillers is a win for me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi diggaman,

Just wondered how you are doing. We haven't heard from you in awhile. Have you found a doctor yet? Come back and give us an update please!

Q