It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So when I started taking the sub, doc wrote rx for 8mg. Next visit I told him I didnt want to be on it long, so he said he'd write me a rx for 2mg. Picked it up, exact same pill with exact same imprint!! Orange, haxagonal, cross shape imprint.

So is my doc an idiot? Am I? The bottle says "Suboxone 8mg/2mg sublingual tablets" Whatever it is I take 1/4 of it every other day (well I try to anyway, at times I end up taking 1/4 a day) Before attempting to quit the subs I was taking 1/4 every THREE days! Trying to quit was a huge mistake, I wish Id just stayed on it, cuz now I feel like I'm redo-ing shit that was already done, if ya catch my drift.

Anyway, found out today I'm prego, so want to taper off. But I'm thinking tapering off would be easier to do if I knew how much I was taking in the first place! haha. Info please? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The larger Sub pill is 8mgs of buprenorphine plus 2mgs of naloxone. That's why your bottle says 8mg/2mg on it.

The 2mg Subs are orange & the same shape, but they are much smaller, like a quarter the size of the 8mg pill. It's a very noticable difference. Sounds like your doctor just wrote you for 8mgs again.

Welcome to the forum.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you! That helps a lot. Now I know he did just write it for 8mgs again.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My pharmacy accidently gave me the wrong pills the first time! My doc wrote it right but they just bottled the 8 MGs. I even went on the pill identifier pages and they dind't know for sure! So I accidently upped my dose for a few days and new something wasn't right. It's amazing they can mess this kind of stuff up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i was always told that the 8mg cost the same as the 2mg so for all these years my docs have prescribed me the 8 so i can just brake it up and save some $. if thats true maybe thats why ur doctor did that-what does the actual directions on the bottle say? does anyone know how much the 2's cost? is it the same price?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have been told by a pharmacist and one of my doctor's that it is the same price for both sizes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

At my pharmacy the 2's are a little cheaper (Walgreens) but it's totally not as much cheaper as it should be.

My doctor wouldn't prescribe the 8's to me once I got down to 2mgs though. Luckily my insurance picked up the tab.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

the 8mg for me are about 6.5 a pill x 40 the first script and x30 the 2nd... pricey. liking my insurance covered 100% of that :) couldn't say anything about the 2mg but if u pay for ur subs and get the 2mgs then do the math and that should help. if its anywhere near 300 for 30 pills then ur paying the same for the 8s which would be silly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:34 am 
I have had 8's (aka 8/2) and 2's (aka 2/.5). The twos are NOT hexoganal they are smaller and round. See your pharmacist.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:31 pm 
e.r.regular wrote:
I have had 8's (aka 8/2) and 2's (aka 2/.5). The twos are NOT hexoganal they are smaller and round. See your pharmacist.

I was prescribed 2mg subs during an attempt to taper off. They are exactly the same shape. The 2's are just a mini-me version of the 8's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yup thats what they look like^^. my doc gave me the 2mgs at first but since i dont have insurance and they were exactly the same price, i got he to give me the 8mg so it would be much cheaper for me.