It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Guys its me again, I need some advice and here is where I get the best advice so here goes!

Ive been on my Suboxone for @ 2 weeks now and in the beginning for the first few days i was on cloud 9, head was clear, tons of energy, no w/ds great outlook, just overall felt on top of the world, but one of the reasons im on the Subs is for pain management of 2 herniated discs in my neck, Doc started me out on 8mgs Am and then 8mgs Pm, I told him i was still having some trouble with my pain so he threw in another 4mgs mid day. That has me totalling 20mgs a day. A little background my DOC was Percocet 10mgs and i was taking between 40-60mgs 2-3xs a day for well over a year but was taking some type of narcotic since i was about 18, ie perc,vicoden,Morphine,methadone and was on Dilaudid every 2hrs for a week at a time every time i was admitted to the hospital for my crohns, so this aint my first rodeo.

I guess my question is is the fact that ive been uber tired which has actually gotten alittle better over the past few days, headaches, and sometimes feel a little hopeless, but the next day for half the day ill feel good have energy and be in a good mood, is this just my body getting used to the suboxone and should i stop whimpering and give my body a chance to get used to the med, or is this not a normal thing in the first 2 weeks? Help im kinda confussed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Mysteri,

Being tired while on Suboxone is a fairly common side effect, especially at high doses. Seeing as you're really fairly new to Suboxone, I would wait and see if it subsides on its own as you get used to your dose.

As far as the headaches go, I used to get headaches on sub at high doses. I think I read that it may actually be the Naloxone in the sub that causes the headaches? Some people will spit out their saliva after they feel their med has disolved and absorbed properly....you could try that and see if it helps at all.

I'm going to guess the hopeless thing would be attributable to the fact that the full agonist opiates (Percocet's) are still 'working their way out of your body'. More specifically, you may be feeling some wd from the perc's? I'm really just taking a shot in the dark with this one, but it sounds plausible....I think?

Good luck and I hope everything stabilizes for you real soon!

PS---your avatar freaks me out....when that things eyes go red.....spooky!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo brought up some good possibilities. I have another thought though. You have been using for a while. Now you are experiencing feelings/emotions that you've been numbing the whole time you were using. My emotions were roller-coaster-like when I started sub because I had to get used to feeling things again. For me it was mostly because I had past traumas that I hadn't come to terms with yet. Many of us were using because we straight out didn't want to feel the pain. Now of course that doesn't account for the sleepiness or the headaches, but that could be because you haven't found the exact right dose and are still stabilizing. Those are just my thoughts on the subject.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Thanks Guys u rock!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks alot for your concern and advice *Romeo* and *HatMaker* I think your both right, i think i may just need to stabilize on the medicine, aand as for spitting it out, that doesnt waste any of the meds? as long as everything is all disolved and its all just spit i just usually wait about a half hour befor i usually swollow it but if you dont thinkill screw up my dose or waste any medicine by spitting it ill totally give that a try. As for not being numb any more *HatMaker* your probably right i have felt alot more emotional lately, although i could still be working the percs out of my system after only 2 weeks right? Thanks again for all the great advice,, oh and *Romeo* yeah this avatar is super freaky but thats why i like it, i have a pretty big tattoo on my arm that looks almost exactly like this wolf but with britght yellow eyes that are still pretty freaky lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I knew I liked you, mysteri, and now I know more of why. You have tattoos! (Or at least one.) I have oodles of ink on me! So much so that people do double and triple takes when I'm out and about. Lots of color and unique designs. What most people say to me is is something about how much they like the color - especially senior citizens. You'd be surprised how many of them love tattoos. PM me if you wanna talk tats more.

Back to the subject at hand. If you hold your saliva ("juices" as some say) in your mouth for 1/2 an hour, then you shouldn't lose any medication by spitting it out. You don't get any by swallowing it anyway. And like Romeo said, spitting out may very well rid you of the headaches which could be from the naloxone. It's not that uncommon. Feel better soon. :D

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Gotta love Ink!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

*HatMaker* I PM'd you but yes I have quit a few tattoos as well, 16 in fact, and actually one of my fav pieces is an 8x8 rib cage piece that looks like a human version of your avatar but naked and a bit more sadistic lol. and yes i know exactly what you mean bythe double takes esp when im in uniform im only abot 5'2 and about abuck 20 so when they notice me roll my sleeves up in the summer i def get the double take of hly sh*t this 12yr old MEDICS got a full sleeve of tatts ans u r are even more on the nose about the elderly some of the biggest fans of my ink are my geriatric patients who love seeing my tattoos of my dogs and it tends to be a great convo starter and a great diversion when i have to do a precedure that might be paindul like an IV, there so captivated by staring at my tats that by the time they tell me there relaxed enough for me to start the IV i tell them im already done! lol, my pediatric patients tend to like them to, on my right arem i have a large phoenix that starts at my wrist and wraps all the way around my arm up past my elbow and has alot of bright colors like yellows and reds and oranges and i have a little 7yr old girl whos battling cancer who loves staring at it when i have to treat her, so it helps out sometimes.
As far as spitting out the Suboxone i think im gonna start doing just that, since you said i wont lose any of the medicine and that was my biggest concern, i mean i usually keep it inmy mouth for about 30mins anyway on average so im gonna give that a try and see if it helps with my headaches, ive had migraines since i was i kid so the last thing i need is more headaches ya know?
On a high note, I had my first follow up appt with my sub Dr today since my induction and he was thrilled with my progress, he said he was really impressed with my passion for recovery and almost didnt recognize me from that first day in his office to today. He said hes only seen one other patient do a complete 180 in such a short span of time (2weeks) and he was just really happy to see how well i was doing so that really made me feel good. Look foward to talking Ink with you soon *HatMaker*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Mysteri,

What a massive compliment your doctor gave you, telling you how he's seen a complete 180 in you!! Gosh, that must have felt great to hear that.

I'm glad to hear your doing so well!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[font=Century Gothic]Thanks for the kind words *Romeo* it really did feel great to hear him say that, and i had a feeling he was going to make an example out of me at last nights meeting and low and behold, i was uber embarrassed lol. But i think one of the coolest things i learned that really changed my way of thinking was I found out lastnight that my doctor is also a recovering addict who has been clean for 25yrs, i would never have guessed. Then I slowly began to see faces in the meeting circle that looked familiar and i realized that the entire office staff had come to participate in the meeting which i thought was pretty cool, until they all began sharing "thier" stories of addiction, and thats when i realized that all of the kind staff that i had been interacting with over the past 2 weeks were all in recovery themselves, everyone of them from the docs to the nurses to the receptionist and it really changed my whole opinion of the office as a place of safety and understanding not of judgement or one of strictly profit ya know.[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG, how awesome is that? Now I'm jealous of you....my sub doctor and her staff were a bunch of dingbats!!

Your latest post has put a big ole smile on my face....I LOVE it!!

Post subject: Awww
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[/[color=darkred[font=Century Gothic]]aww *Romeo* i soo wish i could send my recovery team to you, you seem like such a nice guy, and i truly wish you had the support i am finding with my Suboxone team, I feel that way with alot of the posters hear when i hear thier horror stories about their completely incompitent and rude doctors and staff it makes me so sad but also makes me realize just how lucky i truly am and makes me want to stay on the straight and narrow to not screw up the good thing i have been ssed with ya know?blecolor][/font]