It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Only annoying
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:45 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey everyone!
Im in the middle of my 15th day being clean, being without suboxone. I`ve jumped from 1mg to 0.(half of the 2mg tab)
I was on sub for 1.5 years. I`ve started from 4mg and in the last 3 monts i was on 1 mg.
In past two weeks i did the following:
I had 3 (!) concerts w/ my band
i`ve swimmed for at least 3 times
played volleyball
played football (a little bit slow, but still :)
I was outgoing and having "good time" (well,at least not a bad time)
So...can I talk about having a withdrawal symptoms??
I mean...the 6th and 7th day i had the worst time, when i had to sit down few times, i was cold-hot all the time, but all the rest...

I`ve kicked heroin and subutex addiction before. I went from 2 mg to 0 with subutex once and it was much much worse.
Maybe, because i was with my parents in the middle of island, and it was primarily psychical aspect, but i had much much worse than i do now.
H is living hell, but its short compared to everything else.
My sleeping is surprisingly good. I can sleep for 4-6 hours, never more and rarely less. I didn`t have much sleep first few days. Dreams are still fuzzy and crazy, but i can barely remember them..
Its 11:22 while i˙m typing this and im still sneezing, my legs are perfectly fine, but my back hurts just a bit, my energy is bigger from day to day, i would say im on 90% of being really "me" right now.
15 th day!
Im so f. lucky, having all those people in my life, from my parents, my girlfriend and my doctor. they are fantastic with me,
and that helps so much...
The same goes for this forum, it is so important, to have people you can rely on, talk with them..
Suboxone w/d`s are annoying, or very mild, but definitely not the worst around.
And....the hard part is always staying clean afterwards.
But, step by step, i really feel okay at the moment.
Have a nice day everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That is wonderful news! Please keep coming here and letting the community know how you are feeling through this phase.It is such valuable information, words cannot describe.
You are right, the hardest part is staying clean, but remember where you've been and to take life slowly.Stress is a big instigator and relapses start brewing way before you pick up- keep in touch with clean peeps!
I am very happy for you, best wishes and know that we now have a support group Monday and Wednesday evenings 7:30p.m. (EST) Please stop by, it would be nice to see you there.

Post subject: WD's from Suboxone
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:) Hello Sim1234

I like your attitude. I agree Suboxone WD's are mild compared to other Opiates. Subtex, was worse than Suboxone, thats the first time I heard that. Keep up the great work and positive attitude.

Thank You,

Baron

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey - That is great to hear! I hope you continue to have a fairly easy, if annoying, time with your withdrawal period. And after that a strong recovery!

Keep sharing, it's so good to hear postive stories like yours. :D

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject: So happy for you!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so happy to hear about your success. I am in the getting off Sub part of my life, too. I've gone back and forth so many times about whether to stop it or not because I don't want to relapse and it's hard to get off this stuff, frankly. However, I'm a drug addict...period. I've quit other drugs and totally obstained from them for years by going to meetings and just finally realizing that I didn't want that life. I figure if I get off Sub and feel very down and have any serious desire to use or if I see that I will be living in chronic pain, then I'll go back on it. It's better than jumping on the pain med rollercoaster again! Ironically, even though I chose to be addicted to other substances, I got addicted to opiates completely by forces beyond my control. I had a terrible fall (in sobriety!), went through a coma, and then when I woke up other people dispensed pain meds to me for the first two months, since my memory was so bad, and my pain was 10+ allll the time. I kinda woke up two months after my injury with an addiction and pain and a brain injury and it was so scary, actually terrifying. I chose Sub instead of going on the Morphine patches or any of the other suggestions my doctor had. I'm so glad I did because the Sub controlled my pain nearly completely, and I got my life and my peace of mind back! Stories like yours are what inspire me. You don't know what it means to me to read accounts like the one you just wrote. I'm down to 1.5 mg....after a long time on 32 mg. I know I still have a ways to go, but it's so important that people like you, who make the choice to discontinue Sub, check in and let everyone know what's going on and for us to hear that someone did it and feels OK. For some of us, your the first one taking a big jump and you've made my day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:11 am 
New Poster
New Poster

:D Thanks everyone, thank you so much...
16 th day now, and still the same. I really cannot complain, although im shaking my legs in jungle-rhythm while im typing this.
Two things, that are most important: I still CAN sleep and do pretty much everything i want.
So many stories here. So many things to learn. I could read those posts all day long and absorb all the wisdom and experiences from all of you.
Its volleyball time again :D That way my muscles begin to hurt and aren`t restless anymore.
Im ok. A bit confused-like my english. But ok.
Thanks everyone for all those posts.
I really do appreciate it.