It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:02 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Don't know if this has already been posted but there is a source for apparently huge discounts on meds including Sub.
The site is Freedrugcard.us
I have not used it yet, but what I've read is there are anywehre from 60-75% savings and it said that included Suboxone, Subutex.
You sign up online and copy the card and start using immediately.
I'm hoping this works....does anyone have experience with this discount card?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yea man these cards have been around for a while now since the suboxone films came out. But it sucks they end next month!

Post subject: Wrong card
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I could be reading this wrong but I think she is talking about a discount card for any types of medicine that can be used at pharmacies. I think you might be referring to the $75 off coupon for the films that expire in March. I have never used the prescription cards that offer the discounts as I am lucky enough to have good insurance. Anyway I hope that is what you were referring to.

Jim

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

correct!! the sub discount card is different from the online drug card..........the sub card is off the suboxone website. the free online drug card can be used for a lot of other drugs. i know that there have been threads with positive reviews of this card, im interested to see if they work. i know walgreens has a card and it helps alot with my wellbutrin and sleeping meds but doesnt effect the sub price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I remember a year and a half ago Suboxone had something like this they gave to the doctors. And it was fifty dollars off I think. But I couldn't use it because Kroger said it already took it off with the insurance I already had through working for them so it didn't help. I have also heard of the new one for the films that came out when they did. I haven't heard of the freerx or whatever it is but im guessing if you have insurance it ain't gonna help or if you make so much money it probably wont help. Keep us informed chiva girl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was given a card like this when I first signed up for my treatment program- it made my first several scripts completely free! Buuuut the last two times it seems to have stopped working. I tried using the print-out version to no avail. I found another card in the 'kit' RB sent me. I'm not sure if this discount card thing works; how many times can you use it? For how long? I think it only applies for about 3 uses. That's about how it went for me, anyway. Maybe it's only 3 times at one pharmacy? Gonna try this next physical card at the same pharm tomorrow and see how it goes. If it doesn't apply there, I might try a different pharmacy. Either way I'll report back here afterwards; wish me luck! =)

Post subject: trying it today
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:19 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Im going to try it today....I've been calling around and around...rite aid will give you a discount card (not sure what the % is) and said they will match any price if you can show them a lower sub price they will match it and they seemed to really want to help me...I went around and around with wellbutrin with pharmacies wanting me to pay 150 and rite aid will do it for 35$!! So, I'll let you know.....

My dr has his three patients already on the assist. program and I think bboy was thinking about the 75$ off card that is soon to end I believe....

tune in...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:34 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I went to Rite Aid today and the online freedrugcard.us card that I downloaded (and it took all of 2 seconds, printed and viola, done!) didn't give as big a discount as Rite Aid will with there discount pharmacy card. I can get 30 8mg Subutex for $177.00 without insurance...and that's the cheapest I've found so far.

But that drug discount card may be helpful for some who don't have rite aid and it might give good discounts on other meds...all I know is that the pharmacist went out of her way to do what she could for me and now all my meds are at rite aid and so far I've saved about $150/month with them.

Just fyi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:39 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for share with us..!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:33 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Chinagirl,

Thanks for the info. Im taking Subutex now too (ever since I learned I was preggo). My question is.....is the discounted price you got for BRAND Subutex, or did you get one of the generic Subutex? At my pharmacy (and Im sure most are like this), the generic is usually less expensive. So, if thats what you paid for brand Subutex...$177 for 30....THAT'S AWESOME!!
Im currently prescribed 60, 8mg tabs a month, and if I get brand, its over $600!! I feel like the brand is a little stronger than the generic subutex (at least stronger than the roxa generic). However, if Im in a pinch, I'll sacrafice and get the generic roxa which costs me around $225. Im a 100% cash paying patient as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:44 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Marie,

No, the $177 is for generic subutex...and it is lower even than what I paid at Costco prior to my move. I think it is lower than Sam's club as well...at least where I am at. I read somewhere that in some states, some pharmacies (unsure of which) have generic sub on their $4 forumulary???? Now, THAT would be a find...I'd drive a couple hours for that!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes, I do. These cards are great as long as you don't try to use them along with insurance. I would recommend trying several different cards, not just the freedrugcard one. they all have different negotiated prices, so some will offer better prices than others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A couple other free drug card sites you should try are:

http://suboxone-coupons.com
http://rxfreecard.com
http://medsavercard.com

They all have varying discounts, so it pays to shop around. Hope this helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Can you stack the discount cards together?

also
if i have a prescription for 90 subs.. can i pick up 10 each time using the discounted price? or it only works once?