It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: One year
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone,

Well, on July 29, I officially made it to one year off of opiates. On August 15, I will be one year off of Suboxone as well.

What this year has taught me is that change is possible, but it's gradual, sometimes drastic. Yet, it remains completely fulfilling. On my anniversary, I adopted a cat and bought myself a car. I could have never ever done those things had I stayed with the bad lifestyle choices I made for an extended portion of my life.

I remember the pain every day of withdrawal. I remember telling myself that I would never make it through. I remember unsuccessfully trying to score a Suboxone doctor while down the shore with my wife and her family. I remember the glorious first few weeks of clean, when music sounded just awesome and touching and I cried incessantly over the guilt I had for the years I was so selfish. I remember it like it was yesterday, cause sometimes it still feels that way.

I won't ever go back. Ever. This past year, I did things I never thought I could do before. I stood up for myself. I quit my job and got a better one. I no longer allowed myself to be numb to what was around me. I stopped being passively numb.

I hope everyone is trying their best, and working as hard as they can to stop. It can be done. I'm living proof. And I won't ever relapse. I refuse. I'm too proud now, and getting to a year(and 11 days) now has reassured me that the biggest obstcle is the mind. Drugs take your mind out of control. But I'll tell you what - your biggest positive and satisfaction over giving it up for good will be control. YOU are in control. YOU can take your mind back. It takes a little pain, a little self-realization that you may think you do not want to face. But when you do face it head on, and come out of the other side clean, you know that you can do absolutely anything. And you do it!

Love y'all
CHARLIE

Post subject: Re: One year
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:31 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

That's more than awesome to hear. Actually JUST what I needed to hear.

Thanks for the positive words. I rarely see success stories like this, since people move on and forget about it. I totally get it. But it's really nice to see....

Post subject: Re: One year
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats on a year! That's amazing and I'm so happy you keep us updated here. How long were you on suboxone for?

Be well.