It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok I have been taking the little round white Hi-Tech subutex pills for a week now and here is the review. I am definitely going to get something else next refill. The hi-tech seemed to work ok at first but they did wear off quick, now after 7 days it is going to be a struggle not to run out. They just don't stay with you. My dose is 12mg a day, I have to take a 8mg pill every 3 hrs to keep me where 12mg of Suboxone film kept me all day. So now so I make it to my next refill I am having to tough it out because the 12mg just do not last until my next dose. Oh well now I know, I will be trying the Roxanne brand next I hope they work better. Thanks Ben.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was switched from suboxone film after about 20 days because my dr thought it was the naltrexone giving me the side effects of headaches and extreme drowsiness. I was prescribed 16mg to start with and by day 3 knew it was way too much. So after many dose changes(even though dr insisted my body would get used to the side effects) he switched me to subutex, being new to this, I didn't know there was not a brand name available. I was already down to 4-6mg/day on my on when I switched to the roxane generic. While on the suboxone, I never had any withdrawals or no thoughts of using even crossed my mind. But by day 3 on the roxane generic I honestly felt like I wasn't taking anything, had aching all over and many thoughts of just giving up and going back to my DOC. Thankfully I have a large supply of the suboxone films so I'm back on those now. I never thought there would be such a huge difference. I have thought about trying another generic because now I know it was the naloxone that I was sensitive to. I may try a different one just to see, but I'm convinced that nothing is as good as brand name suboxone. Hope you have better luck with generics, our bodies are all different, so maybe one will work great for you. Good luck!

Post subject: Generic Subutex
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I do not want to go through the hell I went through making the Hi-Tech generic brand last until my next appointment. I am going to get the brand name Subutex, the Suboxone worked great but my joints swelled up and I got sores in my mouth. I will just have to bite the bullet on price and get the name brand subutex, I will report on how that works for me. I will not take the chance on the generics anymore. I was very close to getting some norcos because the Hi-Techs didn't last very long. I have to wait until thursday. I am drinking to over-come the pain of withdrawals, I am out of the Hi-Techs, I never ran out of the Suboxone. Hopefully the brand name Subutex will work for me. Thanks Ben

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: No brand name
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, I thought the same thing as you, that I would just pay whatever I had to for the brand name Subutex. But unfortunately the company that makes Suboxone, does not even make it anymore. They only make the Suboxone films and the Suboxone tablets. They do not make Subutex, the original containing only buprenorphine. So the only way to get the brand name, is with naloxone in it also. So any prescription you get filled for Subutex, will be generic buprenorphine. I only tried one and it was so bad I don't really want to try anymore generics. But actually since I went back on the Suboxone I haven't had as bad side effects. I don't know if that's just my head though because I was so happy to be back on something that works. Good Luck, I hope you find something that works for you. I researched every single generic available, and if my side effects from the naloxone become worse, I might try a different one. But unfortunately, I don't think any one of them will be as effective as the original brand name Subutex.

Post subject: Hi-Tech
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have been switched from suboxne to subutex about a year ago. I always got the Roxanne brand of subutex as the Subutex brand is no longer available. A couple of months back I received the Hi-Tech brand..............The 8mg tablets are the size of a 2 mg suboxne or a Roxanne subutex. Very hard to cut and also not long lasting. I too noticed that it did not seem to last and suddenly I was having cravings..............I never said anything to my doctor as I made it through the month but after almost a year on subutex which does not have naxtrolene in it I asked the pharmacy to make sure they order the Roxanne brand for me each month. Maybe others have success with Hi-Tech but I did not. Since being back on the Roxanne brand I have had no issues...........

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's really strange. I mean, once buprenorphine gets in the body, it's half life doesn't vary that much based on mode of delivery.

So the only thing I can think is that absorbtion was a lot worse with with this high-tech delivery subutex. I've noticed that when I take a lower dose than what I'm used to, I feel fine after taking it, but its effect wears off quicker. Maybe this new subutex has much worse bioavailability?

Did you feel its effect much after taking it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know this an old thread. This is my second month on the high tech.. I struggled with the roxane brand going from
12mg to 8 mg.

I know what you mean generic is a big difference. When on the name brand, not a thought for 3 days. I would even forget at
times. Although I have to say I am giving High-Tech a chance. For me they seem to work a little better, because they are small.

I think I was losing to much of the Roxane brand because they were a lot bigger.. but the jury is still out.

Snake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

And still am but not by as many days.

Snake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was prescribed 2mg Suboxone strips, daily, for 1-1/2 years. Then, I was switched over to generic buprenorphine (not Hi Tech). At some point I started getting the "Hi Tech EthyPharm" generic brand.

I started getting sick.

Muscle aches, tightness in my chest and shoulders, dizziness, headaches, nausea, trouble urinating, and depression. The symptoms always set in about 3-4 hours after taking the pill, and lasted for most of the day. I thought that I was just developing a tolerance to the buprenorphine. It finally got so bad that I tapered off and quit altogether, for 1 month.

My mental health declined, and chronic depression set in, so I resumed taking the Hi Tech generic. After just a few days the adverse symptoms returned. I had several year-old Soboxone strips, so I decided to try them. 2 days on the Suboxone and my adverse symptoms disappeared. I switched back to the Hi Tech brand 2 more times, for 2 days each time, and every time the symptoms returned.

At my next monthly doctor appointment, I told my doctor about the symptoms, and that I had tried switching back to the Hi Tech brand, with the adverse symptoms returning each time. I asked her if I could get a prescription that specified NO HiTech generic. She replied that she could only prescribe Suboxone or a generic. Nothing more specific.

I switched pharmacies (to CVS Pharmacy). When I went to submit the prescription, I asked the pharmacist what generic buprenorphine brand he could provide. He said that they always used Roxane Labs. After a few mysterious delays, 1 week later my prescription was ready. When I picked it up, it was the Hi Tech brand. I asked the pharmacist why they ordered Hi Tech, when I had requested anything else. I got no answer. Take it or leave it. I took the Hi tech prescription, hoping that it was from a newer Lot, that maybe the side effects would not present. Unfortunately, within 2 days, I had all of the adverse effects.

I submitted a report to the FDA Medwatch site and listed the adverse effects for Hi Tech buprenorphine, with the NDC and Lot number for the CVS prescription.

I am now back on the year-old Suboxone strips. When I have my next monthly appointment, I will discuss the issues with the pharmacy and the generic Hi Tech brand. I can't really afford the Suboxone, so I'm in a tight spot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

That doesn't make any sense at all. It is the exact same drug, Buprenorphine. Why would a different brand cause all of those adverse effects??