It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

First of all, I would like to say that I have spent endless hours/days reading these forums... Along with many, many others. I'm currently at the beginning of my taper. Today I'm trying 2mg and praying for stability on it. I haven't really dealt with anything that I can't handle. Everything has been mild... Which is expected at this stage. Let me also add that I am a 35 year old female that is going through this with my mother. I honestly don't have much support anywhere else because I'm a big closet case about it. My life can't stop... Plain and simple. I've recently started to purchase vitamins and I also have some Elimidrol from a year or so ago. My question is... Can someone lay out for me what and when I should take? I'm not going to take any prescription meds. I know some if them would be ok but I'm an addict... A very weak minded one that could easily become a fan of any type of drug. What's really pathetic is that I had a very minimal addiction to Percocet. I had it kicked and have no idea how or why I ended up on these dreadful strips. I was completely off them. Obviously my brain fell out when I decided to start taking them again. Anyway... I'm just looking for a good vitamin/mineral plan. Please don't post anything negative. I'm trying to stay 100% positive in every aspect of life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Jaded,

I think it would assist in people answering your questions if you could list the supplements and vitamins you are requesting help with. Maybe start a new thread in the stopping suboxone section? I'm no expert, but I'd like to see your questions be answered and have you get the support you need.

I'm tapering as well. Started at 4mg and did not feel the taper until below 2mg. I'm now at 1.58mg and it has been tolerable, with a few rough days, but I have been able to handle it.
Just wanted to give you some support and encouragement. It is possible to taper! I wish you the best. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jaded, I think that any balanced vitamin is going to be all that you need. Our bodies can make almost all of the vitamins that we need, providing we are taking in enough food to fuel the metabolic processes, and getting the hydration and minerals that we need. Yes, there are programs out there that charge thousands of dollars, and infuse amino acids into the body intravenously... but there are no controlled studies that show those approaches to have ANY value. In other words, nobody has taken people on those amino acid cocktails and compared them to people who were not taking the amino acid cocktails.

Try to eat a balanced diet, and try to get some gentle exercise each day. Walk around the block when you feel tense. Try to get 8 hours of sleep-- or at least rest that long, in case you fall asleep. Sleep is hard to come by at certain points of the process, but when your body really needs sleep, it will get sleep.

We all wish you the best!