It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: No one like me???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:14 am 
I feel like I am the only person on this forum that is using suboxone for a short term medical detox. I was hoping to find others that have had success in using the suboxone in the short term. I am having a hard time finding their posts.....Is there anyone else out there? Are you having success? Are you getting off of the suboxone in a few weeks or months?

Maybe what happens is, people do their detox and relapse OR go on to work on their issues, pain, genetics, polypharmacy, addiction, cravings, previous relapses et al, that caused them to become dependent and move on from this board.

I see so many posts from people that are desperately trying to taper off the suboxone, having horrific side effects and tolerance. I see people blaming their doctors, blaming the drug itself, blaming every thing.....even an active addict that admits they finagled their doctor into RXing subs to get high, got cut off by the insurance company and now wants to sue the drug company for manufacturing this evil drug, because they had to cold turkey off of a high amount of sub. Amazing.

I congratulate all of you that are using the suboxone as it was intended. I am glad that some people are able to beat their addictions and control their pain. I am sorry for those of you who are suffering while trying to taper off this drug.

I feel really alone in this and I have not found any other site that offers any encouragement. I don't know Dr J, am I in the wrong place? I really want to have hope that the suboxone use and taper off in 3 weeks will be successful. I know that I have a ton of stuff to work on. I understand the success rate is about zero for people who don't get ongoing help, I would just like to feel there is some hope for me.

Robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Robin,

You are definitely not the only one to come here and do a short term detox. The problem is the ones that did so just didn't come back to let us know how they're doing. I do know there are many threads from people who quit from both long and short tapers. Unfortunately you'll just have to go through some of those threads to find the short taper ones.

And please know that even though some of us are still on sub, we are still here to support you in your quest to stop your sub treatment. I/we certainly do not want you to feel alone in this. We're ALL here for each other, no matter our differing circumstances. You can still share your challenges and struggles with us, I hope you know that.

Just be flexible in your taper and listen to your body. Do it slowly and allow your body to adjust between dosage drops and get as low as possible before stopping sub altogether. These are some of the best guidelines I can offer you - and I haven't quit sub yet. This is based on what I know about sub. Share your taper with us in a single thread and I'm confident you'll get lots and lots of support! Hang in there - YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:31 am 
Robin, Io started out as a 1 week detox, but I had to listen to my body and slow down. I'm now at week 7 and 3mg, but still tapering every 2 weeks. Don't jump too soon.

Good luck,
Sherry

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:58 pm 
Thanks Hat and Sherry, I am so glad to hear from you. Hope you are well!

I am still doing OK, a little more symptomatic on the 1mg. Running nose and anxiety but doing ok. I guess I will see when I get down to the .5 and skip a day or two. I really hope I am not headed for a lot of suffering. I told my doctor of the fear and he said almost 85% of the people he has treated, just slide right off the .5 with minimal withdrawal symptoms, the worst being on day 4. I have the clonodine and valium for then. I will have only been on it for 20 days. Good news for me is that I am off the oxycontin for 2 weeks. Amazing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're going to be fine! Try to stay positive, distracted, and active - as much as possible. Remember, if you expect bad withdrawals, you'll probably get them! It's that self-fulfilling prophecy thing. At least that's how I look at it. Exercise is supposed to make you feel a lot better, so as much as you probably won't feel like it, try to get out. It's endorphin-releasing and that's exactly what you need. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.