It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, not so much sub related but I just wanted to share because it's such a beautiful thing.. I think the video is calimg too, so if you find yourself getting anxious.. give this a watch.

Enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPSAgs-exfQ[/youtube]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dang, I wish I could fit into that sink, that looks amazing!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HAHA!!

Doesn't it look so good? That is the most peaceful moment that baby will ever experience.. it's all down hill from there. LOL

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You got that right, that poor kid don't know what he's in for. I wish I could tell him, "stay in the sink, stay in the sink, Bud!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:46 pm 

You guys are killing me today! Stay in the sink! Lol!

When I was in massage therapy school I took a class on infant massage. We had a day when local community members came in with their wee babes and we got to teach the parents how to massage their babies. It was awesome!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy,

That sounds so amazing!! I absolutely love babies. I know a lot of people may say they do, but I really really do. I came really close to being a Doula in my very early twenties. I started the training courses and everything. I took early childhood education classes at my local community college, just to have extra info. It was fascinating. But, sadly, heroin got in the way of all that.. big time. Anyway, that was my passion once upon a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:58 pm 

Sorry Romes! We're in baby topic land now!

I did the initial training to become a doula too! My son's first grade teacher knew how into pregnancy and childbirth I am and asked me to become her doula. I was also doula to my daughter-in-law, so I was privileged to be there when my second granddaughter was born! I had a doula when my son was born almost 15 years ago too.

I wanted to become a nurse-midwife and I was working on my prerequisites for nursing school when my addiction derailed that plan.

Now I volunteer at a place called The Baby Haven. The Haven is a place for addicted pregnant women who are usually in the Haven instead of jail. Someday I hope to work with the clients as well as their babies.

I have loved babies forever and I've even looked into getting one of those realistic looking "reborn" dolls. I know it's silly, but I like to have something to hold on my lap! :)

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WTF is a doula?? Sounds like some alien race from Star Trek? "Jim, the Doula are acting crazy today, you better hit their asses with a phaser, then have Scotty beam me up before I get Doula couties."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, that's so cool!! I love that you've done the doula thing. That great that you volunteer at the baby haven, that sounds so rewarding. I should look into something like. Maybe when I work less. *sigh*

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
I have loved babies forever and I've even looked into getting one of those realistic looking "reborn" dolls. I know it's silly, but I like to have something to hold on my lap! :)

This made me giggle out loud. Really.. Ok, so I babied my cats so much when they were little that they are full blown terrors now. I used to wrap them in a warm sweater and rock them to sleep when they were kittens. Now they still want that kind of treatment. They always want to be on me.. One likes to nurse on me, you know, while pumping her paws on my tummy. I get a big drool spot on whatever I'm wearing. LOL
Whenever I complain about their never ending neediness, my husband says it's all my fault. I blame my love of babies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
WTF is a doula?? Sounds like some alien race from Star Trek? "Jim, the Doula are acting crazy today, you better hit their asses with a phaser, then have Scotty beam me up before I get Doula couties."

HAHAHA!!!!

Um, you totally lost me at star trek. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh WTF, how did I miss this!

Lmao Romeo. You're freakin funny.

Tiny, is this lady for hire?! Lol. She is a baby guru. No, she is the baby guru! That poor innocent baby....stay in the sink man! Awe lol. I want a bath like that damn it!

Thanks!Put a smile on my face. My baby loves his bath. :D ( although its not anything compared to this!) Puts me to shame!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Another youtube video that is just too cute for words.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ3e1rBhdM0[/youtube]

Post subject: A Left Turn
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:35 pm 

I know you all are talking about babies and all, but I haven't held an infant since my son was born and he won't give me any grand kids yet. Jeeesh, he's 32 and I want one. But at least there isn't one that's an oopsy.

So what I do know is always have a dog. Well, he doesn't think he's a dog and is king of the house. What I wanted to say in this post was that for those who have Directv, they just put on a new channel for dogs. Yes, it is a dog channel that has calming music and images. It's on channel 354 for free until Aug 14th. Then they want ten bucks a month for it.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Ya'll can go back to Gaa Gaa Gaa, Doo, Doo, Doo, that's all I want to say to you.

R

Post subject: Re: A Left Turn
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rule62 wrote:
I know you all are talking about babies and all, but I haven't held an infant since my son was born and he won't give me any grand kids yet. Jeeesh, he's 32 and I want one. But at least there isn't one that's an oopsy.

So what I do know is always have a dog. Well, he doesn't think he's a dog and is king of the house. What I wanted to say in this post was that for those who have Directv, they just put on a new channel for dogs. Yes, it is a dog channel that has calming music and images. It's on channel 354 for free until Aug 14th. Then they want ten bucks a month for it.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Ya'll can go back to Gaa Gaa Gaa, Doo, Doo, Doo, that's all I want to say to you.

R

I used to catch my cat watching tv.. I think the dog channel is pretty funny. I have direct tv, I'll have to check it out. Babies and puppies are the cutest. And kitties.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:52 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Dog TV..dogs will love it..people too..and they said the Weather Channel wouldnt fly . Ha.
My Golden watches already....ok back to babies.......