It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I will be rather shortly stopping my suboxone treatment, and I thought that this space would offer me an opportunity to recount for you on a day-to-day basis my experience as I reach full sobriety.

I am already tapering myself down to a lower dosage so that the withdrawals won't be quite as debilitating (hopefully). I was on a regular dose of 12mg suboxone, and will be taking an 8mg dose for the next 2 weeks, followed by a 4mg dose the last two weeks of March leading up to my quitting entirely.

I have already requested the first two weeks of April off at my place of employment, and my fiance and I are as prepared as we think we possibly can be at this time. More to come soon!

Post subject: Clonidine
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing, Paradox. I will suggest having clonidine around for those times when you are having a bit of withdrawal-- it is especially useful at bedtime to help with the insomnia during the taper. It is a cheap medication-- $4 per month at Wal-Mart-- and relatively safe as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the advice.

As it turns out my doctor already prescribed me some. 60 count of .1mg and a refill if I recall properly.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been in sub treatment since May 5th 2007. Fantastic; I can say I feel 100% better. 2 months ago I stopped seeing my doctor cuz its soo damn expencive 250 a month for my pills and a half hour chat about how great things are. I had extra pills and started to take less and less of the meds. they had me a 6 mg I now have dropped to 2mg a day.
I now need to find a less expencisive doc or I have to stop. I am so scarred of going back to what I was, I could never imagine hurting my famliy and my fiance like that ever agian. I know that if I relapse; there may not be any second chances. I feel like all the progress I have made its all false if I quit. I have tried to stop before I run out and I get SOOO depressed its sick. I am happy with my life, but when I stop the world seems so grey and irritating, 1 or 2 days tops and then I shake, sweat, goosebumps, and its totally weird how ALL I think about its useing. Like I never had controll in the first place.
I question if it is safe for me to use subutex forever- what are long term effects? (I am really truly scared that one day its wont work anymore)

God, why do we do this to ourselves?

Any advice, storys or comments would be very appriciated. Thanks