It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: OMG REALLY ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:13 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Q, I am really gonna give this my best shot..The good thing about having started my treatment is the fact that I can take my time calling around other sub doctors and not be hella desperate to take whoever has a spot..The thing about opiates is I have realized they were just burying some other issues I have and I want to figure out if there is any hope whatsoever for me having a normal life without drugs or if its all to late and that's gonna take a doctor psych or otherwise that truly understands opiate addiction and mental issues all rolled into one lol..Bit for now I'm clean for once in my life even if it has only been for 9 days..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

UPDATE: Again can't thank you guys enough for all the help.. So went to my 3rd week appointment yesterday and had a better attitude about it overall because I had already lowered my expectations and realized the docs are there to write the script and take money..In fact as far as my doc apparently doesn't even need yo see u after your stable because a nurse came in gave me my UA asked me of the dose was working I said yep and she hands me a script for the week done deal lol..Im doing really well with the dose physically but mentally I'm in really bad shape but I'm hanging in there and don't get me wrong I'm so very thankful to be clean just is what it is...I work 12 hours a night 6 days a week watching security monitors lol so I have been on this site every single break and lunch reading all I can and it helps more than you know hopefully I will be able to find some counseling soon because I know for a fact I'm gonna need it...RULE thanks for the concern and kind words and again I hope I didn't insult you with my questions on that other thread ..Anyone has any questions for me I would love to hear from you thanks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Always,

What do you mean when you say you're a mess mentally? Is it cravings, or something else entirely? (You don't have to get specific...just wondered if it was something we could help with)

It is really very normal to realize after getting off the opiate roller coaster that you have underlying problems. In fact, I think it would almost be abnormal for an addict not to have some! I wonder if your VA benefits will pay for you to have some counseling? You may be sick to death of it, after everything you have probably been through. But getting into a counselor that specializes in addiction might be something you haven't done yet. Finding a good aa/na meeting might be something that would benefit you as well. There is something about sharing your thoughts with someone else that understands where you have been that just can't be replaced. We try to be that for people here, but it's not quite the same.

Just keep your head up, dude. You have already come a long way, and it seems to me that you are on the right track. Things might look completely different to you in another week. :wink:

Q

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Q , Not really even sure what is going on with me right now ..As far as the V.A.. uhhhhh hell no lol I know I like to complain and bitch about the money sub treatment costs but money really isn't an issue for me right now...I can afford private counseling but me actually talking about things in that setting will be tough for me but I know for a fact after the last 24 hours I better get some help ASAP.. I don't really know what is going on with me mentally but I think I have figured out how all of the opiates and everything else I have ingested,snorted and smoked either caused or suppressed some underlying issues..But

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ooops accidentally hit submit in the middle of my post..anyways i am starting to think that so many years of hardcore drug use has made me crazy so cause i feel like I'm going insane the last couple days its very hard to explain but i haven't heard of anyone having the problems im having with suboxone so im sure its all the drug use ..Thanks guys for letting me vent a little