It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Whoa,
Passed a kidney stone last night, OMG!! I had kidney stones about 9 years ago, I had what is called lithotripsy (spelling) done. They use sound waves to break the kidney stones up and then you just pee them out, sorry kind of gross. Had some pain in my side last few days, was feeling kind of crappy, even was told I looked kind of pale the last few days. Well turns out a freaking kidney stone!!!
It is a big one too, was able to get it, so I will give to Doctor. Also, no meds., of course I did not know until I passed the stone, and maybe because I have had them before it was easier to pass.
I am grateful the way it turned out, I did not have to use pain medication. Anyway, stable on sub on 1 mg right now, not looking to taper until I feel its the right thing to do. Just happy that I did not have to turn to opiates. I know for a fact the doctors would give me strong opiates for kidney stones, I am so glad I did not have to get back on that sickening merry-go-round !!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:49 pm 

Yikes! Despite the fact that you weren't feeling well, I'm very glad you passed the stone without even knowing that was the problem. I hope you are feeling much better now! Good job staying away from pain meds.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yup, kidney stones produce some of the worst pain imaginable. To pass one without begging for pain meds is quite commendable on your part! Good job and you should be very proud of yourself.

Hope you are feeling better now. :D

Karen xoxo

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Omg!!! Stable on 1 mg?? I get a minor allergy headache and take 8 mg lol!! You are so strong! Thanks for sharing you story, that is really inspirational. I hope everything goes great for you in the future and you don't have another one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:44 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Justdoit4u wrote:
Whoa,
Passed a kidney stone last night, OMG!! I had kidney stones about 9 years ago, I had what is called lithotripsy (spelling) done. They use sound waves to break the kidney stones up and then you just pee them out, sorry kind of gross. Had some pain in my side last few days, was feeling kind of crappy, even was told I looked kind of pale the last few days. Well turns out a freaking kidney stone!!!
It is a big one too, was able to get it, so I will give to Doctor. Also, no meds., of course I did not know until I passed the stone, and maybe because I have had them before it was easier to pass.
I am grateful the way it turned out, I did not have to use pain medication. Anyway, stable on sub on 1 mg right now, not looking to taper until I feel its the right thing to do. Just happy that I did not have to turn to opiates. I know for a fact the doctors would give me strong opiates for kidney stones, I am so glad I did not have to get back on that sickening merry-go-round !!!!!

Dude who are you Clark Kent? I cringed reading that and I think I got some pain from it lol. I never had them but I had a fried who was put in his knees from the pain. He was a tough guy too...man that's crazy, but gla it worked out how YOU wanted it to. Here's to a speedy recovery ( if any. Sounds like you're pretty good to go now)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey everybody,
Thanks for the replies, before you think I am superman or something, I think it had a lot to do with the fact I had them before. I am so grateful that the pain I had was manageable, I really did not know what I was going through until I passed the stone and then looking back it made sense. The funny thing is when I had them before, and before I had surgery, I remember being in terrible pain. I couldnt move and I got real sick to my stomach. Well, I am just grateful I did not go through that. Anyway thanks for your replies.