It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Feel better. It is such a slow process. Tapering definitely helped. I had been on Suboxone for about 5 years. I stayed on 8mg for a long time and slowly tapered MYSELF. I basically was stuck on 4mg when I decided I had enough. Tapered to 2mg and tried to stop. That lasted six days. Believe me I was miserable. I started back at 1mg and kept tapering. Looking back over the last month, I just can not believe my body went through that. I cannot believe I allowed myself to get to that point.
Symptoms I still have: racing heart. Not anywhere as bad. Much more tolerable and it comes and go. Sleep, I still wake up a few times at night, but at least I'm not wide awake. I typically go back to sleep really fast. Fatigue, I still get out of breath, but I push myself. There are days I just don't feel like it....I don't. I'm not sure were I read it, but cutting back on the caffeine really helped. Determination. Making a decision and sticking to it. Oh, my mind is so much clearer! I dont have to re read things over and over or take notes. I feel. I feel emotion. I'm not a robot, much more patient, care about what others think and feel. It's not just a job anymore. It's coming back. Life is so hard. Things can really be so much harder. Take it from an Oncology nurse, things CAN be worse and health can be taken away, no choice. No way to "get better" no matter how determined one may feel.
It's good to read back on these posts encourages me to keep going forward.
For those going through this God Bless You. Prayers are for you too. Everyday.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:06 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

thanks for posting that. it's really interesting. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Doey!

Congratulations on making it 30 days! I'm so happy that you are feeling better and starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am very proud of you, I know it was a struggle but you fought you're way through. Sounds like your job provided you with some great motivation. It's always good to have a reminder of just how lucky we are that our pain is only temporary. Seeing terminal patients every day probably makes it quite hard to feel sorry for yourself when you aren't at your best.

I knew you were a nurse, but never realized you worked in oncology. I can't imagine how hard that is.

Keep strong, girl! I bet your kiddos are glad to have their Mommy feeling better!

Q

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Everyday I am feeling better. Oh, there are sudden short periods of palpitations, some nights I can't sleep, and feel suddenly tired/aching. I wanted to make sure I didnt develop some sort of Muscular disease because I still have that sudden feeling of weakness. My labs all came back normal. LOL.

Everything others have posted helped prepare me. I am so thankful for that. I wish I would of taken some time off of work. That would of been the only thing I would of done differently.

Thanks to all those that posted their progress off of Suboxone. It was such a a great help.
Whew feeling better EVERY DAY!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Great work doey! Don't worry you're fine..I've noticed this (and read about it..)..It's quite common that you are feeling that something is wrong with you phisically..it's normal.. It's a period of post stress after the wds..the mental stress and all that.. I also had a thing..thought something is wrong with my body..sudden pains I never felt before..went to doctor..results came back ok.. I still often wake up after just a couple hours of sleep..I guess that's normal too..it's a pain in the ass but we're getting better..it's all part of the process.. stay good :D (I'm 2,5 months in)