It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well to all those who've followed my induction story, my nightmare side effects etc.... Well today I go to get my other script of subutex filled and when I got home I noticed the pill was different...much tinier than my other one. Come to find out my initial script was filled w 8mg subutex not the 2 mg like it was suppose to be. So the whole time I'm taking 8 mg at a time and was induced in office on 16mg, my doctor didn't know they were 8's as he prescribed 2 mg tabs. So now do my complaints, symptoms side effects make sense? I go to dr tomorrow, been too sick to make it back, thank god I didn't take the up to 8 pills he said I could! Now I just wonder how long til I feel better and get the dose situation straightened out, hope the dr can figure it out, I felt like crap on 16mg but when I took half a pill it was 4 mg really so maybe 12 mg a day split up, I don't know, I've been so confused and out of focus off balanced etc... I can't figure out anything the doc will have too. Sad thing is it's not docs fault he wrote the script correctly for 2mg, bottle even says 2 mg but it's an 8 mg subutex in it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That could definitely do it. So when you thought you were only taking 2mgs daily, you were taking an 8mg tablet? Poor thing! What is your plan now, as far as using the 2mg tablets? Are you going to re-try taking just 2mgs a day? I think that could be a good start for you. 2-4mgs is probably right in your sweet spot. JMO. Let us know how it goes!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am going to talk to dr tomorrow and let him know what happened w the pharmacy mix up. Initially i was taking 16 mg (2-8mg)when I thought I was only taking 4 mg(2-2mg), the doctor wanted me to take 4 pills a day of 2 mg sub, I took 3 a couple of times but of course I nor the doc knew I had the 8 mg. I think 2mg four times a day or 6 times will work. Let u know after I see dr tomorrow. Glad I found out though prob was on verge of sub toxicity lol

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Remind me why you're going to dose so many times in a day? Is there an actual reason for it, or is it another genius idea of your doctor (who failed to recognize they were giving you 8mg tablets vs. 2mg tablets.) I honestly worry about your care, Tabby. Everything you have said freaks me out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Whoa, taking 16mg when you thought you were taking 4mg. No wonder you were feeling so crappy. I wish one of us would have thought to have you check your pill to make sure you were taking what you thought you were taking. Hopefully next time someone presents with issues like yours, we'll remember to have them check their dose.

Thanks for coming back and updating.

Do you mind if I ask why you're thinking of taking Subutex so many times throughout the day? Are you going to be taking it for pain?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I do have chronic pain but it's my doctors idea. Yea I was given 2-8mg sub over the course of 1 hour on my induction day with instructions to take two more when I got home -1 @ .5pm and 1@ 10 pm. Not making excuse for my doctor but he did write script for 2mg subs the bottle even stated they were 2mg but upon filling a new 2 mg script and seeing an actual 2 mg sub then using the drug identifier online I found out they were really 8mgs, thought the dr could of told difference between them I mean one is tiny and the other big, can't afford new dr though. Pray for me thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So went to dr today and have confirmed he knows very little about this med and unfortunately I'm stuck w him due to finances. He seems to think that 24 mg of subutex up to 32 mg shouldn't hurt me and should even make me feel good?!! Which I assured him it hadn't and I felt like crap etc... So his theory is to start taking 4 mg twice a day for a couple of days then switch to 8 mg twice a day, so I leave the office with another script for 30 mg subutex and those dosing instructions. So I've decided since I've taken no more sub for about 30 hours I'll start back taking only a 2 mg twice a day and see how that works. Any advice? Sound like a reasonable dosing plan?
Thanks for all your input

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Can you just take less and not tell him? I don't know why he's incessant on upping your tolerance. It's more expensive for you, and harder in the long run should you ever want to wean down. You don't have to follow his dosing to a tee. You can take less, whichever dose works for you, and stockpile the rest for an emergency. JMHO.

Normally I would advise being honest with your doctor, but sometimes honesty doesn't get you very far. That's the truth. And at the end of the day, we have to look out for ourselves a little bit. He's trying to raise your tolerance and I'm pretty sure his theory is that you'd be above the ceiling and well looked after on a higher dose, but it's just not that necessary. We have tons of members here quite content and successful on 2-4mgs. No reason to make yourself sick just to be able to take more medication.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:15 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well I know of a pharmacist or pharmacy tech. Who needs to be fired or written up.

Hope you're ok