It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: OMG,I can not believe
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

]
OMG,you will not believe the nightmare I just went thru.
I went to the office of a new Dr. and waited b/c she was not there. I called her and she said she thought I cancelled my appt. She'd be right over. She comes and a few other ppl come in as well.
I give her 200.00. She tells me she has NO receipts. After waiting 2 hours I thought I could trust her. Right.
I went to the Pharmacy and they said the Dr. had been sanctioned. I didn't know what that meant and neither did the Pharmist.

I come home and call the Ins. and they tell me she is under investigation and will not cover my meds. She is red flagged.

I can not even believe this.

I'm trying to call her back. I want my money back.

Now,I have a appt. with the quack that put everyone back a week for tomorrow. I don't know if he will keep me since I've seen other Dr.'s. He will take my Ins. and that "might" buy me some time to find someone else. Or he might tell me to take a hike. I could tell him my reasons for trying to find another Dr. but I'm not sure what he will do.

I had to buy a few strips. Once again spending money that I don't have.

Any suggestions?

Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh man, that truly SUCKS! You're just not having any luck with sub doctors, are you? I guess all you can do is go back to the first doctor and tell him why you wanted to leave and hope that the two of you can work it out.

As for this new, sanctioned doctor, I would write her a letter, send it registered, asking her for your money back. I'd make it as professional as possible and include all the things you were told by the pharmacist and the insurance company. Hopefully she will respond to it appropriately.

I really hope you can work things out with your old doctor. If you do get a script but still want to find a new doctor, just don't cancel any appointments with your current doctor until you have a new doctor signed, sealed, and delivered. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:34 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Marie,
That is really awful to hear....for the future, if a provider ever says they don't have a receipt ask them to write it on anything...i ran out of receipts in my practice once but I wrote out a receipt anyway! Obviously you paid cash...but document it, eventually you may be able to get the money back, or you could call her back and demand your money and tell her what you know, that she is red flagged...maybe she doesn't think patients know...and she might give it back to you rather than risk another charge against her.

It sounds like you have a plan. Going to see another dr and then get on a waiting list to find a dr that you like and trust. obviously now you'll do a search and see if they have anything negative pending on their license and you can also call the medical board in your state and ask.

This is the most highly regulated area of medicine...addiction and suboxone. Many dr are very afraid and are very very strict because of this. But still, sadly, uninformed! I am going to go continue to encourage Sub patients to find a psychiatrist who prescribes Sub. Both my Sub dr have been psychiatrists...both have been great...reasonable, lost cost for the most part, understand addiction, don't freak out and make life more difficult....one offers therapy if needed...so if it is possible I do encourage patients to find a psychiatrist, not a pediatrician, or a family dr who took the 8 hour course and has not a clue about addiction. I'm not saying all family dr etc are clueless about addiction, I just know that they don't get much of an education about it unless they have a personal interest to read and do the research and understand addiction and its treatment modalities.

Hopefully you will get your money back and find a new, ethical, physician. Good Luck