It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Okay...please share!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:24 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi everyone I haven't posted in forever.
I had a bad pregnancy earlier this year where there was no embryo in the yolk sac... I had a d&c :/ it wasn't sub related or opiate related- it was an ovulation - late issue or something.

Anyway I am surprisingly 11 weeks pregnant now and just found out...!!

I am prescribed subutex and am on 8mg a day, tapering I think 2mg a month till I can either go off or get super low.

My questions are has anyone done this? Gotten off ?
If you didn't, has anyone gotten low and the baby still have NAS? Do you think it truly was NAS or an overreaction from judgmental nurses??

I'm scared. I want the baby to be ok..

I also hear of women using opiates in general their whole pregnancies - like dilaidid and dope- and their babies are normal???

It's good to be back.
Please share:)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there poppieroses! Love the name! :D I just wanted to introduce myself, and let you know I recently found out I'm preggo, and also on subs. I was inducted on 24mg about 3 years ago, and tapered down to 2mg when I joined here looking for help tapering lower and getting off when I found out about my pregnancy. I'm about 7-8 weeks right now and was switched to Subutex. I'm now on .50mg and almost off it completely.

I'm very sorry to hear about the bad pregnancy, but overjoyed to hear of the recent one! How exciting for you and I offer my sincere comgratulations! I hope you have the easiest time possible, and everything is perfect for you and baby!!!

I'm sure someone will jump in and be able to answer your questions, and I'm sorry it isn't me, but I just wanted to let you know you had my full support along your journey. I have heard of several ladies using opiates during their entire pregnancy, but that isn't going to be my plan at all. I want to be 100% clean and free of all addicting drugs by the time my baby is born. But if it works for others that's fine and I do understand that decision.

Again welcome back and congratulations. How exciting! Take care and I'm sure I will talk to you again soon.

Hugs,
Karen xoxo :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello!
I just joined and was reading this post- I have the same questions and then some!
Has anyone nursed when on subutex?
I think that It Is individual;
Being on .5 mg of sub is different than 16mg of sub.. Maybe it just depends on the dose and how the mother is doing ?

I , too, am on 8mg of sub after getting down from 12mg. I also want to taper off completely IF it is safe to do.

I hope more will reply!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're obviously prone to Miscarriages and the first time you tried to taper didn't work out so well. What would have been nice is if you had taken the time in between one of the last few pregnancies and tapered off then, rather than putting the stress on your unborn baby.

I will also add that you were still using heroin back in march of this year, doesn't really seem like a stable environment to bring a baby in to while tapering off suboxone. Sorry to be harsh but I think you need a dose of reality.

Good luck with this pregnancy.

Quote:
I also hear of women using opiates in general their whole pregnancies - like dilaidid and dope- and their babies are normal???

Why are you even asking this?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your right Tiny. I saw this person had been here before, but didn't go back and read any of the previous posts as you obviously did. Lesson lerned and I won't make that mistake again!

Thanks Tiny,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Karen,

You gave a really nice, heartfelt response and the OP deserves that too. I just remembered her posts from before and wanted to point out that tapering may not be the best idea in this situation. It also worries me to see such a blasé attitude towards drugs & pregnancy in general, but I digress. I really am hoping the best for OP and her Children even though it may not seem like it.

xo