It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:09 pm 
I have now been happy and stable and FREE on Suboxone for 5 wonderful months. The two main issues, which were constipation and reduced sex drive, have pretty much completely resolved by themselves. It's so great...I just have the life I always dreamed of now, thanks in no small part to Sub. I do not use my drug of choice anymore, I am completely out of debt, my credit has finally recovered from years of abuse, I'm getting my new car soon, I'm about to start a new job, I have my family by my side, and I never thought I would have this kind of stability in my life again. If someone had asked me two years ago where I would be right now, I would have answered that person that I would probably be dead. Six years ago at this time I was living on the streets, doing a lot of things I'm not proud of to get money to survive. But, you know what? I know that I'm strong, I'm a SURVIVOR, and that starting a new life after living as a drug addict is possible. I just wanted to encourage people who are just coming to this forum for the first time, to tell them that SUBOXONE WORKS, AND I THINK IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!
I am so thankful for a doctor who understands the medical illness that opioid dependence is, and after so many other physicians looked upon my with condemnation my Suboxone doctor had compassion for me. Finally, finally a medical professioanal who understands the science of addiction! And finally, a medication to treat that addiction. And that medication, which I have found, is Suboxone, and I thank G-d for this little six-sided pill. Don't let the naysayers dissuade you, it doesn't get you high, it isn't trading one addiction for another, it is treating a medical illness with a positive-consequence medical option. It's no different than a diabetic taking insulin or a depressive taking Prozac. And Suboxone makes me WELL.
JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:50 pm 
Great post JD! I'm glad you're here! It's awesome that your side effects have subsided and that you are feeling so good. You know, Sub is not so different than a lot of medications that people must use for various illnesses or diseases. Most medications carry a long list of potential side effects and some people are affected more by those side effects than others. The thing is though, if you'll stay on your meds long enough, a lot of those side effects will subside over time. Also, any side effects are often outweighed by the benefit of the particular medication as you've been able to see first-hand. My feeling is that you wanted badly enough to get out of the cycle of active addiction that had controlled your life that you were willing to put up with some side effects to get where you needed and wanted to be. Good for you and keep working in the right direction! There's very little you can't do with working hard, staying strong and vigilent, and being willing to keep growing. I'm with you.....Suboxone works! It gives us hope that we can break out of all the destruction and pain of our addiction, and do and be better!

Post subject: Well Said
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:06 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi JD,
I really can't add anything to your post except my agreement. I feel the same way as you do. Not quite out of debt yet...lol. But I am a functioning member of society now and that feels great. I can look at myself in the mirror now and not be totaly disgusted with the person looking back at me. Well congrats on your continued success and please keep all of us out here in the loop as you progress.
Thanks & Best of Luck!

God Bless
TW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:34 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi JD -

FANTASTIC - It is these type of posts that, along with all the others, that make this forum a great place to belong. I am proud of you. What a great story! I hope that others find the encouragement and hope I found. All the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What a wonderful accomplishment!! Im glad you let us know whats going on because you have an inspiring story!! keep on doing what your doing and good luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good post JD........glad things are well....I agree with alot of what you post and you give me hope that my low sex drive will work its self out...this is one side effect I hate the most because as a single guy I am hestitant to get out there and meet new people and start a relationship. I will say though that I too believe this is a miracle drug and has given me my life back. I too pay my bills now and truly am living a life I thought was not possible. I am happy for you and everyone who gets a true chance of life by taking sub. Great job.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 pm 
I've actually been kind of ignoring an issue that I cannot ignore any longer. I don't know if it's from the Suboxone, because I take plenty of other meds, but I have a creeping suspicion that it is. I almost think I have narcolepsy! I mean, I sleep, and sleep, and sleep some more. I can get up if I need to, but I'm so damned tired all the time. Just fatigued! I probably sleep 14 hours a day, which I definately didn't do before I started taking Sub. And the thing is, I'm only on 6 mg a day, and I'm tapering down to 4 mg really soon. Anyway, I have an appointment with my shrink Wednesday morning to see if she can help me wake up. I've been investigating Provigil, which is a non-amphetamine "wake-up" medication that is not really supposed to be addictive. I'm going to ask the doc about it anyway. I can't live like this any more....but going off the Sub is NOT an option.
JD