It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:19 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading the forum for a LONG time, just decided to post today to share my story, get some advise/support, and to give hope to those that have none (been there believe me, as we all have.)

I started my opiate addiciton a couple years ago with Norco's. My wife was on them for Fibro, and a whole bunch of other issues. I am incredibly ashamed of my story but you all are the first ones, besides my wife who knows now. A couple years back I could not understand how someone could get high off a pill. I heard and read of all these people that were taking these pain pills and getting addicted, thought to myself what weak people can't control an addiction!

So I wanted to see what the fuss was about, I took one of my wifes Norco's, waited, nothing. I used to be into drugs when I was really young, I am 30 now, I was around 26 at this point. Used to smoke pot (still do honestly), LSD, Shrooms, anything to change my perspective and perception. So anyway, back to my story. A few days later I tried again but this time I took 2 pills (10/325's). Holy hell, the rush of warmth, I felt like I could do anything, be anyone, holy shit I never want this feeling to end! Well, as we all know the feeling ended, and for years I kept chasing that high. Before I knew it, I could not go a few hours without taking a pill. I was stealing them from my wife, doctor shopping, getting them off the street, anything I could do, as you all know.

So after about 2.5 years of stealing, fighting with pharmacy's to get my scripts early, I decided that I am in deep shit. Went to a Suboxone doctor, and here we are...

I was on Suboxone for about a year, maybe a few months extra. Always took it as prescribed, did not need more than I was given. The doctor I was going to was basically a cash doctor, she did not care about me just wanted my insurance money. I didnt care though because I was for the most part living a normal life.

Just a few weeks back I went to my doctor and told her I wanted off the medication and I wanted to taper down. She prescribed me (10) 8MG films and told me to make them last me 30 days. Went to the pharmacy, they gave me a hard time because the doctor did not prescribe the 2MG films, so they gave me 7 films and kept the three. about 20 days later I went back to the pharmacy because the 7 films were gone and asked for the remaning 3, they call my doctor, my doctor flips out on them because they did this in the first place, pharmacy tells me sorry your doctor is being unreasonable with us, you need to find a new pharmacy. A week later I get a letter in the mail telling me my doctor can no longer care for me because I was trying to get a new prescription without going to her first?

That gave me the needed motivation to get the hell off this stuff. So here we are. My last dose was on Monday, I was taking SUPPPPPER small pieces of sub for about 2 weeks before I decided to stop to make the WD tolerable. I have been doing ok, working, chills like crazy, was not able to sleep last night very much, other than that, it's tolerable. Nothing like opiate WD.

I also have been taking multivitamins, L-Tyrosine to help rebuild my neurotransmitters, and L-theanine for sleep and anxiety. I have also been smoking pot which has been a huge help. This morning I felt better than I did yesterday which is motivating for me, I have no desire to go back, I just want my life back, I just hate feeling like CRAP!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Pravius,

Was today day 14? How are you feeling?? Hope things are going ok for you.