It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:53 pm 
I have come off Subs and find myself in a lil predicament. I have 170 of the 8.2mg Strips left over and don't know what to do. they are so expensive I do not wanna flush them or give em away. If NEone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. thanks so much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hand them back to the pharmacy. That would be the smartest legal thing to do. I believe any un-used medications of any kind are supposed to be handed back to the pharmacy.

If you even GAVE them to someone else, I believe (at least where I'm from) that it'd be deemed trafficking.

If you've come here wanting people to validate your intention to sell, you've come to the wrong place. Maybe bluelight?

Post subject: THANKS FOR THE WELCOME!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:28 pm 
FIRST THE PHARMACY WILL NOT TAKE THE, AND SECOND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT ACCUSING ME OF TRYING TO SELL HEM OR WHATEVER, THANKS FOR THE GREAT INFO! ha ha

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Some pharmacies won't take back narcotics, but there are places you can take these unused meds for disposal. There are different protocols for different locations. A quick google search should point you in the right direction for your area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Why not just put them up in a cool, dry place..and forget them. I find that throughout life, you're GOING to eventually have some form of pain management drug prescribed to you, and with me, I use the suboxone as I'm having my extractions done in my mouth. So I'm using the Suboxone to treat myself for pain..and refusing any narcotic painkillers that the dentist tries to give me.

Maybe it wouldn't be so easy to use Suboxone in this sense..like if you had a tooth extracted 5 years down the road..then just stop the Suboxone..but I would think you should be able to use it instead of a narcotic painkiller and stop rather quickly if it's only for a short-term thing, like the week or so that a tooth extraction will hurt you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:40 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I have about 4 8mg pills left over and I am keeping them just in case I slip up. I don't think I will and once they expire I will toss them but keep them just in case. Some will say that is a certain way to let you relapse but I find out of sight out of mind. And as you said they are very expensive. Might as well hang onto them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So you're saying they're NOT for sale? Is that what you're telling the people that email you about them?

I agree with the others, keep them. They're already paid for and you never know what the future holds- jonathons right, might need them for post op pain for a few days here & there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This guy has been banned.

It's too risky for us having people come on the forum and use the place to facilitate drug deals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lol people like this really bother me. Im backing u 100% tear i think thi person came on here to get acceptance and for people to say sure its ok if u sell them. I dont get whats so hard about this you flush them down the toilet. I was in the same situation when i switched to methadone. I ended up flushing hundreds of 8mg pills and cutting up a large amount of films too than dropped them in the toilet flushed and tht was it.

I mean it makes me sick to think someone who beat opiates addiction would even think of selling opiates to anyone suboxone as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I agree. I think most people sniffed out his motives & called him on it- while still offering valid suggestions on what to do with them for people that might truly be wondering what to do with any extras.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:54 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm so glad someone called him on it. He had some form of this post in several of the different categories...I started to say something about it on one of them but decided to refrain since I am so new to the board. Duh...what else could he mean? "If anyone has a suggestion please send me a private message"
Whatever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:34 am 
you guys are way off, do you always assume the worst?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

formersubpatient1978 wrote:
you guys are way off, do you always assume the worst?

Because normally when people have left-over meds, they don't get on an internet forum and seemingly "advertise" that they have {Oh SOOO MUCH} leftover and won't use it...to a bunch of addicts, if someone said "hey, I got all these drugs -- class III narcotics -- and I won't use them...that's just an invitation to some who are early in their recovery to see an available option to abuse. Though it's quite hard to abuse Suboxone, it still opens a door.

I've never once posted that I had excess drugs of any kind...I had a bunch of dental work done a few weeks ago...and you can search my posts and see that I didn't come here and say "Man, I have a bunch of Penicillin VK left-over, what should I do with them?"

It is quite disturbing to know that there are so many people who are putting a class III narcotic back into the ecosystem by flushing it..you do realize that it's very dangerous to do that, especially if you live in a rural area where you have people using well water?? This stuff can live in the aquifer for a long time and eventually find it's way back into the fresh-water system...

I live in an area where we don't do water filtration..and there's no septic system. People here have septic tanks, and our water comes from the local Water Authority and the 3 wells they've dug to supply this little town (average $40/month bill for a family of 2 adults, 3 kids).

There are so many other ways to dispose of such a strong drug. (I'd hate to run into some sort of wild animal that drinks water with this in it..or see what it does to the fish/water-dwelling inhabitants.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not to mention all the poor fishes.

Get them hooked on Suboxone, and they'll probably all line up at the sewer outlet like a bunch of fish junkies lining up for their methadone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tearj3rker wrote:
Not to mention all the poor fishes.

Get them hooked on Suboxone, and they'll probably all line up at the sewer outlet like a bunch of fish junkies lining up for their methadone.

At least it would be some good fishing..though I'm not sure how well suboxone + fish would taste cooked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tastes like chicken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lol suboxone would be the best new bait.

I dont live a small rural area flushing meds is not to big of concern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bboy42287 wrote:
Lol suboxone would be the best new bait.

I dont live a small rural area flushing meds is not to big of concern.

Seriously, it's a concern no matter where you live, you just may not know or may not have heard anyone say anything about it...but lots of man-made pharmaceutical drugs have a half-life inside the aquifer (water and ecosystem) of MANY YEARS, and filtration systems in cities cannot filter 100% of the stuff out of the water to re-supply the drinking water...

Almost every police department in the nation has turn-in days a few times a year..I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this..but the best thing to do is wait until you read about one in the paper, call around and find a police department that is doing one, or watch the news to see when one will be held..and keep the meds until that time and go turn them in. They take narcotic/non-narcotic, prescription, expired drugs and PROPERLY dispose of them. Also they usually ask for handguns/rifles and take guns with a no questions asked basis...same for controlled substances.

This has gotten to be pretty popular in bigger cities..hell we even have it around here where I live..so I know it's not something that is uncommon. It's easy to just put the stuff up until the police have one of these and turn them in..lots better than adding to our already-polluted environment. I hate to be "that guy"..but geez, we're dumping enough shit into our ecosystem on a daily basis..do we really have to pour our drugs into it too simply because we don't want to drop them off by the local PD one day while we're out and about (and likely driving by the PD anyway?) Maybe living on a gulf state and having the oil spill affect me + seeing the aftermath of it firsthand has made me a little more conscious..but shit like that doesn't just "go away" like they tell you it does. Same for that oil..the shit didn't just disappear into the ocean...so flushing drugs isn't the best way, since nature doesn't have a natural defense mechanism to dispose of opiates in the water system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:56 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Weird, I could have sworn I posted on this thread (like the first or second post).. I told him to not sell them whatever he does. Also, from what I understand, all the Sub films have a unique identifier on them. All it would take is for someone to get caught with them to track the seller down, at least that is what I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If someone wants to sell them, they are going to sell them. All you have to do is take them out of the package and put them in separate little plastic baggies. Probably only a few bucks for a pack of 100. Not that I am condoning it, I wouldn't do it. I just think it's odd that they think they can stop drug dealers from selling sub by putting them in individual packs.

stephent - This poster posted this a few times so you probably replied to one of his other posts with the same question.