It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:03 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok, so I've been off of suboxone completely for two weeks now after doing a slow taper. Started at 8mg a day and was on it for three and a half years. I was on the suboxone film strips. My best advice is to do a really slow taper and when you get down to 4mg ask your doctor for the 4mg film strips cause they are bigger than the 8mg film strips to help you taper. They have 2mg film strips too but don't ask for those because you are basically getting half of the 4mg strips in size.

So what I did was used an x-acto knife to get down to 4mg. Then, I did a liquid taper with the film strips. So lets say I was taking 2mg.... I counted 40 drops of water in my syringe and poured that into a little cup. I then cut off a .5 piece of suboxone and dropped it in the cup to dissolve. Then I sucked it back into the dropper and put it under my tongue. For the second dose of the day, I took the remaining 1.5 strip and did not put that into the dropper. Then, to taper down I went down a drop per day. If it got uncomfortable, I would stay at my dose for a few days. So then, after I was done with the 40 drops, I would be at 1.5 mg. And then i would repeat the process. So basically 40 drops = .5 mg.

If you get under 1mg, you might want to go down a drop every 3 days. I know this seems like a year long process but if you want a virtually pain free taper and you have to work like I do, a long and slow taper is necessary. I really didn't have any pain doing it this way, but it did take me a long time to do this.

Anyways, I just thought I share and give my input on anyone trying to get off this stuff. Hope this helps and good luck. Oh by the way, I got my dropper syringe thingy from a children's tylenol box and I just emptied it out so I could use it for this purpose.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow! how are you feeling? Any cravings? My doc wants me to get off asap and i'm down to 1 1/2 films a day but I am soooooo scared!! :?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hell yeah. I love reading this stuff. I'm going on day six from going cold from 2mg. So you felt normal after 2 weeks? Damn. Good for you!. Never keep looking up , the skies the limit !

Peace! derek 8)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is a great example of a properly done taper.

Good job Redhead....you should be very proud of yourself. Your excitement comes through in your title, and you totally deserve to be so excited!

Just as a reminder, don't let your guard down now. You have kicked butt on your taper, but now is when the real work begins. You have a lifetime in front of you of staying on guard against this addiction. Keep up the fight!

Congrats, and welcome to our forum!

Q