It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm 3.5 weeks off Sub. I'm feeling great other than I am sweating every night...so much that I change my pajamas about 4 times before morning. It's also a cold sweat (I'm freezing and have to layer my comforters). Is this normal? Because it's uncomfortable and annoying and I'm wondering how long it will last and what I can do about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Answered you in PM but will lay it down here, too. Yes, 100% yes, this is normal. I don't remember how long it lasted for but this happened for me as well. I washed sheets a lot. I would often get out of bed when I was cold and sweaty and take a hot bath. Not only would I feel clean but it would knock the chills/ sweats out and would relax me again.

Hang in there. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you so MUCH! It's so gross!!! Can't wait until it passes!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Those mattress pad thingies...

If you don't have one, get one. If you do have one, get a new one in a few weeks. I changed mine a couple times. You don't want that sweat going into the mattress.

Yeah, it's really gross. It's like having a high grade fever every night but worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ugh you just reminded me of the cold sweats. While mine didn't last that long, I'd have them recurring occasionally for a couple of months.

Have you tried having a fan in your room on low? I know it's winter in the northern hemisphere, but getting some air circulating might help the sweat dry quicker so it won't accumulate as much?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

*sigh*, I remember the first few weeks after getting off Suboxone and the ridiculous sweating that came while I slept too. For me, it wasn't my whole body, it was mostly my head. I'd wake up and my frickin' pillow would be soaked. NASTY!!! I'd turn the pillow over and go back to sleep then wake up again, pillow soaked. I'd throw that pillow to the floor and grab my extra pillow and that second pillow usually got me through the night.

The best I can remember, the sweating thing was only intense for a few weeks, then it seemed to die out fairly quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I liked to think the sweating was my body pushing out all the toxins... Gave it a sense of purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:53 pm 
I'm with teejay on this. I'd sit in a sauna at my gym or go to a friends house who lives in a gated community with a hot tub. Drinks lots of water and sweat it out! It can only help. Plus i know what your feeling. I'm skinny but i drink alot of water daily. So i sweat like a whole body imprint in my sheets. So gross to wake up wet and generally uncomfortable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 am 

I think that clonidine could also help with the sweats. If I recall, they helped me with the same problem when I was in withdrawal. Good luck!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you everyone... I'm still sweating but actually A LOT less (Now 4.5 weeks off Sub). Now it is just a pillow thing. Romeo I was drenching my pillows too but now it's just the nape of my neck Blaaaaah!!! I'm just glad to know it goes away and I'm not the only one. I thought the sweats would only happen during the WD. Soooooo hard for a girl with a bit of OCD to go through this!!! Let alone anyone even without OCD. It's just awful.

Oh BTW... that is such a great way to look at it... My body is getting rid of the toxins!

Oh... Tinydancer: Yes, I have a mattress pad... a very EXPENSIVE, Egyptian, high-thread-count mattress pad Aaaaaaaa!!!! *ripps hair out* I was having to wash it every day! I heard sweat contains uric acid... same thing as pee! So yeah... Not happy with the sweats! hahaha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I find sleeping in a bathrobe to work pretty good. That robe spends a lot of time in the laundry, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I sleep w/ a towel wrapped around me curently, a fan on and the sweats are nasty and I smell too... Though I did find a sack of staaanky weed in my drawer next to my bed today. Moved it out of my room, MAN that stuff was stankY..And I dont even smoke it, or rare is the occasion, so why was it next to my bed and I could not smell it before is beyond me. Congrats on getting off sub. How long were you on and how much were you taking when you got off? Just for curiosity...Blessings, Kim