It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello everyone, I have been looking through this forum obsessively for the last two,three days and it seems to be wonderful.
Short version of my story. Used upto 150 Mgs of perks daily for three years, last may I went to a detox clinic. No subs or anything was given to me. I was clean for 62 days until I hurt my neck last June. I was rx'd 20mg of statex daily. Well quickly, in the couple of months I am up to 60mg per day. The WDs are far worse on statex than ever off perks,for me anyways.
So after trying on my own dozens of painful times to stop or tapper, I sought help from 4 professionals and all told me that I would benefit from subs. Anyways, trying to shorten this even more, I enrolled, was accepted but no am worried that I'm not on enough statex to justify subs. When iwas 62 days clean, I suffered severe PAWS and never was able to even smile or get out of bed. I'm scared that my tolerance to opiates is not enough to get on subs. Although I have been an addict long enough and suffer WDs beyond words.... Can someone reassure me that I am doing the right thing? I really appreciate any guidance and would be more than happy to answer an additional questions to aid in a better answer....anything?
Thanks everyone, I appreciate this place and all of you! I know this horrible journey all too well and now I'm doubting myself, hahaha, like an addict need more self doubt!!! Thanks everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You mentioned that you're worried that you're not on enough statex to justify subs, if you can't taper off of the Statex then Suboxone would probably be a good thing for you. I guess it's not so much how much opiates you used to take, it's more about the fact that you can't get off the Statex.

Were you thinking of using Suboxone just to detox off the Statex?? It sounds like you were able to quit opiates before, but then due to an injury you got back on opiates. I'm guessing you're gonna use Suboxone just to get off the Statex and that's fine.

We've had several people on this forum who use Suboxone just to detox off their pain pills and it worked fine for them.

The only concern I would have for you is the risk of a relapse once you got off of Suboxone.

Post subject: Thanks Romeo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you Romeo.
My reason for wanting subs to get clean is because of the horrible WDs. Don't get me wrong the WDs from perks were horrible as well, but not nearly as bad with the statex. I guess for some reason the statex isn't coming out as clean as the perks did. I am also very terrified of PAWS, I'm dead serious that PAWS left a lasting impression on my life. It's almost as though I am traumatized over that experience. I feared for myself, from myself. I cannot go through that again.
I have two beautiful children to live for and I never want to lose sight of that again. I'm just afraid that the dose of statex I am on is too low for the typical 8mgs. Perhaps typical was not a good word, but it's the only one i could come up with.
Again, I would love your input on dosing and if you feel my reason for subs seems like a reasonable one, or do you think I am looking for trouble in the future? It really comes down to my fear of PAWS and the way my body rids of statex which is brutal in comparison to perks.
Thanks again so much for your time.
Feeb

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You've got two threads going and I'm trying to keep up with both of them, phew, you're hard work dude!!! LOL!

OK, you have a perfectly valid reason for getting on Suboxone. Stop sweating it, OK. Suboxone will work for you.

I quit Lorcet (Vicoden--hydrocodone) YEARS ago.....I made it 30 days and caved in because the crushing depression was just TOO much, it was unbearable!! I know how brutal PAWS can be, believe me!! I ended up going right back to Lorcet then years later found Suboxone.

As far as the typical 8mg Suboxone dose......you don't have to take the entire 8mg dose if you don't want to. Actually, we suggest that once a person gets stabilized on Suboxone that they taper down to the lowest dose they can.

I put this in your other thread, but I'm gonna explain it a bit better here. Most people can taper their Suboxone dose down and down and down to ridiculously small levels. This taper process gives the brain a chance to continually adjust to less and less opiates in your system, once you decide to get off of Suboxone completely, you will have been at such a low dose after your taper that PAWS should be minimized greatly.

Good luck and keep posting any and all questions you have.