It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: OCD Issues
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:57 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hello all, I hope this message finds all of you doing great! I was wondering, have any of you had any issues while on Suboxone with OCD? I'm finding I'm doing some things different in life now and obsessing over small things....

It's driving me NUTS! lol.

Steve

Post subject: Re: OCD Issues
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I can't say that I have, but I of course only speak for me. After being on for 2 years I felt like a zombie. Dont get me wrong it saved my life, but it definitely started to take away my feelings and sense of joy. Motorcycles were my life and i completely gave up riding.. sold all my bikes and couldnt care less if i ever rode again... now I'm 13 days off and already Itching to buy a new one.

but as far as OCD goes, cant say it happened to me, but im just a slob by nature :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:15 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

thanks for the input...man I hope I don't get like that, I've only been on it for 34ish days lol and at times I feel like just being to myself. I was hoping I'd be more like I used to be and be the life of the party.....but I have a feeling it's quite the opposite for me.....I had to sell my bike a couple years ago and I knew I'd hate myself for it....maybe someday i'll get another!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:44 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello! I just wanted to say that I can't remember being OCD about stuff, I def. was letting the small things piss me off though.. My house coudln't be clean enough!! Now I am tapering and the reason I am was because I started developing a horrible social anxiety issue... I feel very angry on subs.. It maybe because I have lost interest in things I once loved the most. I was a total extrovert that's turned into a introvert and hate it.. Suboxone is a good tool to achieve a drug free life that's true but I believe my new side effects over the past year and half are because of the subs. That's just my opinion. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:28 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thank you BD, I get a little mad at things too, things that could be minor but I really don't blame them on Suboxone, didn't think it had a connection?? maybe lol. for the most part, I'm pretty happy with life lately. Thanks for the post!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You are probably feeling obsessive because you are not high anymore and not living in a fog and now have a clear mind and most likely are overwhelmed by having to deal with the world through sober eyes, it really is a shock to the system and while subs help they don't stop the mental issues that come with stopping opiates. That is actually why I latched onto opiates so much because I am very obsessive by nature and constantly have a negative internal monologue going on in my head and opiates completely shut that off and just let me be content and happy in the moment. If you make the mistake of sitting around for the first few months on subs like I did it will make it worse but if you get out there and keep busy and work towards new goals it will get better.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:35 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

thanks for the post. I have been staying pretty active, working out a LOT more and going here and there.....appreciate the input.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

When you say OCD do you mean like you obsess over your thoughts or like the type where you have to turn the door knob 5 times, spin around 3 times and click your heels together before you can open the door type OCD?