It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Obsession
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Why are people always fixated on trying to get high on suboxone? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of taking sub to live a normal sober life? I don't know about anyone else but I never felt one bit high on sub. If people really wanna get high then why switch to sub In the first place? Just blows my mind.

Post subject: I agree....
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think some people that have used sub on the streets and gotten high from it because they had no tolerance for it. Then think that they should go to a doc and get it prescribed because then they have a legal habit. The problem is that it doesn't work like that with Suboxone. There is no point in it. Even if you do feel a little high the first week your going to become more tolerant fast and you are going to hit the ceiling fast and then there is no point in taking more because its not gonna get you high. I don't see how long term users are reporting they still get high if they take more than what the doc has prescribing them. It doesn't work like that. I'm serious about getting better and taking it as prescribed, but one day I was curious and I took 16 mg instead of the normal 8 mg. I could not tell one bit of difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't understand it either. In the beginning of my suboxone treatment I also tried to take more to get a high and like said above - nothing. I guess it's the taking-too-much then not taking any. Could it be psychological?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:42 pm 
I agree guys! Ronnie's thread title "obsession" explains it quite well. Those people, in my opinion, are not seriously working a recovery plan. They are still obsessed with getting high, plain and simple. If Suboxone gets them high, there's something wrong. Any 'feeling' I sometimes get with my Sub dose is far, far from what I would equate as being "high." They must just so want to be high, that just the act of taking something makes them high. I wonder if they were given a placebo and didn't know it, if they'd still say they were high....I'm guessing probably so.
About all I can say is the old saying, "Some are sicker than others!" Definitely, some need more help than others.
Main thing is......This is not a joke to most of us here. We are using our Suboxone as it is prescribed as part of an overall plan to keep us getting better, to keep our addiction in remission. That requires a serious mindset and a serious willingness to do what is necessary to stay on the right path. I'm sure glad I'm done playing around. Life is so much better now that I've learned to live on an even keel without all the highs and lows and worries about when and how I'm gonna get more drugs. If they could just embrace this thing and work it right for even a month or two, they'd see the light.
Damn shame.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think each person is different and their chemical makeup could affect how sub works for each person to the next. IM on suboxone for pain mang and addiction and have never had a relaspe or failed a ua during my 3 years on sub. Got my life back on track getting as and bs in school, started to hang out with my TRUE friends, my gurl and most of all my family is proud of who iam and who i became from that exp we call addiction. now im studying chemical dependency in school and would like to talk in highschools one day about addiction. i also have never taken more then perscribed. i get 45 8s a month and take 10mg a day everyonce in a while 12 if my knee hurts real bad. but i do agree its crazy people still try to get high on sub. but im not gonna lie even after 3 years of sub use and 2 years on 10mg i still get a slight /europhoic felling but nothing like oxys or that just i guess a RELAXED FELLING. but thats only in my morning dose when i take 8mg but the 2mg does nothing for me but take my pain away in my knee. and ive read the other post and please know i take my addiction recovery very serious im not on sub to trade one drug for the next and have nevery even took more to try and get high on sub. but im not gonna sit hear an lie to you or myself that sub def changes how i fell once i take it in the morning. i cant really explain the felling its def not a high but its a relaxed felling. maybe more mental i guess knowing this pill is gonna help my pain in my knee go away for a few hours so in a sense it helps me relax i guess you can say hence maybe the felling of a high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I could understand someone with a low opiate tolerance getting a buzz. When I first started on Suboxone I had been abstinent for about 4.5 months and I was taking monthly naltrexone injections so I didn't have any slip ups at all. My induction went well but it just felt pretty different from the many other opiates I had abused. I guess if I had to describe the feeling it was really alot more like how I felt coming down from an opiate high, you know the feeling where you're not buzzed anymore but you're also not into the withdrawal phase yet? I guess that's the best way I can describe it and while I at first experimented with taking more than prescribed I quickly found out that even if I were only to dose half my normal dose of 8mgs using methods to maximize absorbtion of the medication (keeping the medication in my mouth for around 30-40ish mins without swallowing at all and making sure that I didn't drink, eat, smoke a cigarette, or brush my teeth for another 30-40mins after dosing and finally I adopted a technique Dr. Junig and others have reccomended where I intentionally breakup the tablet a bit with my teeth and then spread the resulting goo all around my mouth including under the tongue as the medication is only absorbed by contact with mucus membranes and due to the really high "first pass" metabolism if the medication is swallowed before allowing adequate time to be absorbed in your mouth you really might as well be drinking water as only extremely minute amounts of the medication end up in the blood stream). I still continue taking 8mgs now though as according to my understanding the more bupe over around 2mgs the more difficult it becomes to try and get high. It just makes me feel safer I guess as after coming to terms with the fact that I'm an addict I will quickly trick myself into thinking it's okey for me to start using again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sub gives me a buzz wether no matter what i do, some days it wont and then suddenly it does again, i didnt ask for that and didnt hope for that when the doctors put me on it, i was told it would just take the withdrawals away. The withdrawals lifted and i felt myself getting happier, opening up to others, wanting to get stuff in life done and feeling good. Unlike other opiates where i get high and wanna sit around, when im high on this i like to do things, most of the time. Now i'm so used to getting that buzz every morning because it never went away for me within the first few days it's just what it is now.

Post subject: kevgeon
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:23 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

What happen to your other post did u erase it? I wanted to talk with u some more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

He requested that it be removed, so I removed the post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:16 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ok james I just found it very interesting thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yes some people want to get "high" on subs but I think most of us just want to feel whatever "normal" might be. It's mainly the young and uninformed who want/expect to get euphoria from subs.

Most everyone [especially addicts] naturally want to feel good.... and when our prescribed dose of suboxone doesn't do the trick, we look for other avenues... including both positive and negative strategies. Unfortunately, subs doesn't work as well for some as it does for others, regardless of whether or not it's taken as prescribed. I believe that is why those whom it works so well for... fail to understand why others aren't as happy or satisfied with subs as they are...

The problem for those who aren't happy with subs... is that they are much more unhappy in withdrawls. The proverbial "stuck between a rock and a hard place" seems to apply.