It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: ObamaCare?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on suboxone for a year now. I have a pre-existing condition & do to that, I have never been able to get insured. My job unfortunetely doesn't offer health insurence so I have always paid out of pocket for each doctor visit ($100.00) & paid full for perscriptions (about $9 per pill) & it is EXPENSIVE! I can barely afford it. I always stress about having the money to afford these visits. Now this new obama care plan went through, does anyone think this is going to help ppl like me? I live in VA & not sure exactly how to go about getting insured through this. I have my hopes high that this is a miracle, that I can finally save money with this but I'm not sure if my hopes are just too high only for me to get let down. Does anyone have any thoughts or opionions on this? Anyone else in the same position?... THANKS! :)

Post subject: Re: ObamaCare?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I checked a chart last night (I'll post a link to this chart at the end of this post, gotta find it)...and for me, it would cost between $230 and $800 to have insurance via Obamacare. That's my premium range, I'm 34, male, no PE and no major health probs. There are 4 levels of care, bronze, silver, gold, platinum...and depending on which, you pay more as you move higher up...
I don't know the differences or what each level covers...but this is MUCH higher than what we pay for our entire family plan through my wife's work. I just checked to see what it would look like...because my wife's dad can't get insurance to cover his diabetic strips anymore, and he hasn't checked his blood-sugar in months...because they don't cover it...

https://data.healthcare.gov/dataset/QHP ... /ba45-xusy

Family coverage, top end, would be $1011. Bottom would be $450. The lowest for a couple in my area is $378.28. One child is $93.98.

For someone like my father-in-law, his price would be (top tier) $510.28, or (bottom tier) $264.33

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.