It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: NYT Story
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

For those who haven't seen it, look in Sunday's NYT, or online tonight. Thank you to those of you who participated; a second half comes out on Monday.

To visitors, buprenorphine is a medication far too complicated to be written off as 'just another addiction.' For info about the unique traits of buprenorphine that block cravings and block opioid use, go to http://www.SuboxoneTalkZone.com and read the last post-- or go to 'best of STZ' and get some background information.

A list of all of the buprenorphine materials can be found at http://www.addictionremission.net. Please check out http://www.suboxsearch.com , or http://www.bupetube.com , for searches of the blog or forum, or for videos about the science behind buprenorphine.

I encourage forum members to go to the 'comments' section of the article-- over 200, and the official story hasn't come out in print yet. But there are SO many incorrect comments being made; if you feel like entering the fray, please feel free to refer people to the posts on my blog, particularly that last one, where I tried to cover some of the most common mistakes:

such as 'people on Suboxone are still addicted and not safe to drive'-- a person who clearly has no understand of the combined effects of a plateau in action and complete tolerance, which together eliminate impairment from the drug.

Or the person saying that Shawn, a patient interviewed, is still and 'addict' on buprenorphine-- evidently confused by what active addiction consists of (cravings, obsession to use) vs. the physical dependence with buprenorphine that is NOT associated with 'addiction.'

There are good comments too.... The frustrating thing, though, is that even when people are correct and know of the facts of how buprenorphine works, there are plenty of issues to discuss. So to see people use this discussion opportunity to write comments NOT consistent with facts is discouraging. I'd encourage you all to leave the anti-sub zealots alone, as their arguments are so silly that they can hardly be discussed-- and they are commenting with an agenda-- not seeking the truth.

Thanks, all, for your ongoing support here, and elsewhere.

Post subject: Re: NYT Story
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:00 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Yeah, read the story. I am a former methadone use and here in my state (NC), the pain doctors are kind of trashing it out and stopping prescriptions. They are switching to Opana. (bad news there).
I spent so many years so very, very addicted to Oxycontin that I am fearful to take a medication that may possibly return me to the feeling of "being a slave" to that med. I walked that road. Been there, done that. Never, ever, will repeat that one.
Everything I read in the NYT article slammes Suboxone, Subutex. Zubsolv, etc. Makes me very weary. I can get by on two 10mg methadone tablets daily. I have an addiction, yes. It may be mental, it may not. I only want to never return to "pill chasing".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

frozeface wrote:
Yeah, read the story. I am a former methadone use and here in my state (NC), the pain doctors are kind of trashing it out and stopping prescriptions. They are switching to Opana. (bad news there).
I spent so many years so very, very addicted to Oxycontin that I am fearful to take a medication that may possibly return me to the feeling of "being a slave" to that med. I walked that road. Been there, done that. Never, ever, will repeat that one.
Everything I read in the NYT article slammes Suboxone, Subutex. Zubsolv, etc. Makes me very weary. I can get by on two 10mg methadone tablets daily. I have an addiction, yes. It may be mental, it may not. I only want to never return to "pill chasing".

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ditto frozeface!