It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Has anyone taken nyquil before suboxone induction to sleep off some of the withdrawals? I'm worried about taking it and I do not want to go into precipitated withdrawals. I usually don't start feeling bad until 24 hours from last dose. Any help is greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:35 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome to the forum! Nyquil will not cause precipitated withdrawals, as it is not an opiate. You should be just fine. Do you know how much you're starting at? Keep us posted of your progress! Best of luck!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know it's not an opiate but I have read another persons story where they took nyquil to sleep for a little while before taking the subs and went into precip WD. Thank you so much for your response. I'm hoping someone has done this before and can advise if helped or not.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:55 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Huh??? I have never heard of that happening before. Is it possible the person just didn't wait long enough before taking their first dose & had nothing to do with Nyquil? Tell me how it goes...

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh also, I plan on taking 1-2 mg when I start. I have done this a few times in the past 2 1/2 years and have never gone into PWD and I hope to keep it that way. way.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I hear ya! I've done this a few times as well over the years. That sounds like a great dose to start at. I keep hearing about people (including myself) who were prescribed astronomical induction doses, resulting in the people getting way to loaded off the subs and having negative effects, instead of helping you just feel "normal" & not sick.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just a little background on myself since I'm new, not sure if this is customary or not and I don't wan to bore anyone with the details, but at the age of 17 I was introduced to hydros and muscle relaxers by my boyfriend and instantly fell in love. I would go to the drs. and pretend to be in pain. I looked very sweet and innocent and those were the days where they were handed out like candy. Never became addicted but at the age of 20 I was introduced to heroin by my best friend and it was like I found heaven on earth. I was addicted after 2 weeks and graduated from snorting to shooting in a month. At the age of 22 I decided to just quit. Oddly enough I barely had any withdrawals. A few sleepless nights and some rls but nothing severe. Did it here and there but very rarely when I could get mg hands on it. Fast forward 10 years later that same best friend comes around and here it is 2 1/2 years later and I'm a heroin addict once again. I have a beautiful 10 yo daughter and a bf who loves me dearly and thinks I stopped using 3 weeks ago. Not that simple. Defiantly have a love hate relationship with it. I was also arrested the day after Christmas, not this past but the one before, with possession and was sent to OP rehab for 4 months. I still managed to use on occasion thinking I could successfully chip and that was from feb-August and I started using every day. I went cold turkey the last time and it was hell. I have 5 suboxone and I plan on starting off slow and taking up to no more than 8mg a day for the 1st 2 days and then stepping down to 6 than 4 than 2 etc and jump off. I know about PAWS those were a living hell for me. I'm terrified of them and I think that's why I haven't been able to fully committing to quit. Plus what I can getting hands on is the best I have ever done. I want to clean up but it's been hard. So that's a quick run down.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good luck Maria. I hope it turns out great for you, but if you are having trouble when you run out of sub, is there any way that you could get into treatment? Maybe that would help with any worries about PAWS. Whichever way you go, you are in my thoughts. CC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I checked into a hotel room for the weekend and I waited over 30 hours before taking suboxone. I started with 1 mg and worked my way up to 6mg. I didn't get much sleep the first night but slept for about 4 hours the next day and took 4 mg on the second day. Last night I was up sweating a lot which is to be expected and woke up this morning feeling like I haven't slept in days but I feel pretty good. My previous experiences with suboxone have not been this pleasant. I have 4 subs left and plan on just tapering as slowly as possible. I feel pretty good considering. Thank you for your support. Hopefully if I do get PAWS I have some clonidine to help. Last time my blood pressure was very high for 2 weeks and I had severe anxiety but I quit cold turkey. Keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be as bad.